*Author

Offline ColorlessGreen

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1111034#msg1111034
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 04:43:29 pm »
Well, if the thread becomes obsolete in 1.4, then so be it, but if it continues to help people until then, I see no reason not to keep it going. 

Right there with you 100%. Nothing I said should be taken to mean I think this isn't a good idea. Definitely keep going.

Offline dragonsdemesneTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1111364#msg1111364
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 05:12:10 pm »
Got Destiny and won again.  At this point, I'm ready to consider Destiny countered; without a ridiculous mutation/fate egg hatch or an incredibly bad draw, there's no way that deck can lose.

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1111376#msg1111376
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 06:15:21 pm »
Good ol' monoaether, show's Destiny whatfor.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1113549#msg1113549
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 03:16:14 am »
Just an update: I will not bother posting any deck ideas that completely fail in the future.  I will only bother to post decks that win, or look like they have potential to win, if I lost with them.

Offline Tsmuji

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Tsmuji is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1113612#msg1113612
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 06:05:30 pm »
Just an update: I will not bother posting any deck ideas that completely fail in the future.  I will only bother to post decks that win, or look like they have potential to win, if I lost with them.

That's all I've been doing too, it does upset me that I get to see I've only had around 7 successful decks in nearly a month but ah well, all in the name of progress.

• Legendary Member
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1118746#msg1118746
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 07:13:32 am »
Despite only playing one game against Serket just now, I'm ready to declare him countered.  I used the unupped version of my upped counter and got an EM, and the upped version has an 18-1 record, with the one loss coming only because it got 0 wings all game.  The unupped version will get a lot less EMs, since wings will normally be 1-2 turns slower than the upped version, but it should get nearly as high a win percentage.

Offline Foraker

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Foraker hides under a Cloak.
  • Havenite
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1118760#msg1118760
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 10:17:03 am »
I counter the FG predicted by the oracle every day on my alt-account (unupped).

If you're interested I can post every deck I'm using (mainly modded versions from the wiki decks).

Only thing that I recognized, when I've taken a quick look over your counters, was this:

Spoiler for your Fire Queen counter:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 52k 542 542 5c2 5f8 5op 5rl 5rl 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 61t 61t 61t 61t 622 8pu

I used Sundials against Fire Queen for a while. Then it did cost me the victory once, because you can't play out the combo instantly, if you've got a sundial in your hand.
Means -1 Vulture from fractal or waiting a turn. Against her fire lances an additional turn can be risky in the late game. Especially when you're low on HP.

So I switched back to dims + hourglasses only.
Actually I use this deck:
Spoiler for my Fire Queen counter:
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 52k 5c2 5f8 5oh 5oh 5op 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rl 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 622 8pu

Got to play a few more times against her with this before I know if this is reliable.

• Legendary Member
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1118778#msg1118778
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 01:38:04 pm »
Sure, if you want.  It might be better to start another thread for that, since it will be a rather large post, though.  Some people will definitely get a use out of it, and I know at least for myself I never even look at the wiki.

Offline coldfire1627

• Reputation Power: 1
  • coldfire1627 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hero of Time
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1128272#msg1128272
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 08:21:54 pm »
I wish I had found this thread sooner. Following!
:time Hero of Time :time

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1128830#msg1128830
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 07:37:41 am »
55q 55q 55q 55r 55r 55r 55r 55r 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lf 5li 5li 5m6 8pq
  Just worked for me against Graviton (Blessed Otys from the other thread).  One miracle is pretty mandatory, but the second miracle and SoD were played on my final turn to increase reward, and I would've won with only one.  One rare isn't a ton for fairly new players to have, and might be a good option to have in the thread (along with any fully non-rare counters).   Maybe put this deck with a -1 miracle -1 sod +1 blessing +1 momentum for those without the rares but this as the default for those who do?

Full disclosure: actually the second time I've used this deck against Graviton, but the first fell to a 1 pend draw, which is just bad luck.
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1129107#msg1129107
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 11:25:06 am »
Used your deck against Akebano, and wanted to say that you also have a chance of not getting any NT (My first one was my 13th card). Just some feedback; love this thread BTW.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

anything
blarg: Amashi