*Author

Scaredgirl

Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg361345#msg361345
« Reply #204 on: July 05, 2011, 09:46:30 pm »
I completely redid the original post. It should be more user friendly now. It's guaranteed to have some errors and is still missing a couple of details, but I'll do those after I get some sleep.

Offline VegeForsaken

• Reputation Power: 0
  • VegeForsaken is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg362104#msg362104
« Reply #205 on: July 07, 2011, 12:58:41 am »
Tbh i dont get why you're supposed to post the card with annected art. I mean sure, its cooler and better suitin, when the card comes already with an added fascinatin art but, theorycrafting is a thing, image editing is another. This also limit the card ideas spreadin, cause, let's say "user a" wud post 12 nice card ideas, but time and/or work required to make/find a decent and fitting art result in "user a" postin only 3/4 of them.

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg362130#msg362130
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2011, 02:16:21 am »
Tbh i dont get why you're supposed to post the card with annected art. I mean sure, its cooler and better suitin, when the card comes already with an added fascinatin art but, theorycrafting is a thing, image editing is another. This also limit the card ideas spreadin, cause, let's say "user a" wud post 12 nice card ideas, but time and/or work required to make/find a decent and fitting art result in "user a" postin only 3/4 of them.
I'm going to have to say no. Also, my OCD can't handle it any more, you are missing some letters in that post above; mainly all the g's.

Using art that you can find from the internet is fine, but make sure you confirm that you are allowed to use it, or just get permission by contacting the artist.

Art is a very fun part of the card idea creation process, in my opinion. Some users actually post art without an idea. And some post ideas without art, too. You can post all your ideas whenever you want, but to get into crucible, you need art. Anytime before then, you are fine. :)
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline VegeForsaken

• New to Elements
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg362150#msg362150
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2011, 03:01:53 am »
I'm going to have to say no. Also, my OCD can't handle it any more, you are missing some letters in that post above; mainly all the g's.

Using art that you can find from the internet is fine, but make sure you confirm that you are allowed to use it, or just get permission by contacting the artist.

Art is a very fun part of the card idea creation process, in my opinion. Some users actually post art without an idea. And some post ideas without art, too. You can post all your ideas whenever you want, but to get into crucible, you need art. Anytime before then, you are fine. :)
English is not my motherlanguage, and i learned it orally by an american when i was a child, this is the reason between both errors, and missin gs/strange forms. Add to that that im Italian, and believe it or not, im way over the overall level of my country when it comes to english speakin :P , sadly. despite that, i cant see where's the problem for you, maybe you wont appreciate the grammar of my posts, but i dont think this is the reason anyone's writhin in this frms...like sayn.. take it easy? thank :) (oh and OCD means?)

back to topic; ok i can post without art and wont get into crucible, but what i was askin for wasn a clarification of the chances, i was askin for the reason behind the denial of havin art-less cards into crucible.

and last, since i know my written english aint that great, and since we're not lookin each other while talkin, bein it the case you takin bad what i wrothe, pls dont, no hars meant. thank

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg362155#msg362155
« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2011, 03:05:59 am »

English is not my motherlanguage, and i learned it orally by an american when i was a child, this is the reason between both errors, and missin gs/strange forms. Add to that that im Italian, and believe it or not, im way over the overall level of my country when it comes to english speakin :P , sadly. despite that, i cant see where's the problem for you, maybe you wont appreciate the grammar of my posts, but i dont think this is the reason anyone's writhin in this frms...like sayn.. take it easy? thank :) (oh and OCD means?)

back to topic; ok i can post without art and wont get into crucible, but what i was askin for wasn a clarification of the chances, i was askin for the reason behind the denial of havin art-less cards into crucible.

and last, since i know my written english aint that great, and since we're not lookin each other while talkin, bein it the case you takin bad what i wrothe, pls dont, no hars meant. thank
Sorry. I had no idea that you weren't a native English speaker. ^^;

OCD means Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's when you can't deal with something that isn't right. Like incorrect grammar. :)

The issue with having art-less cards in crucible is that it would lose out significantly to the cards that do have art.
Imagine:
Card A has some cool looking art while Card B has no art at all. Regardless of the quality of the idea, Card A looks like it had more effort put into it than Card B. People will more likely vote Card A than Card B for that reason.

It's mainly just to level the playing field. And having no art at all would make this place boring as ever.
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline VegeForsaken

• New to Elements
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg362157#msg362157
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2011, 03:19:36 am »
Np :)

ye, got it.. altho you might consider not denyn it anyway.. result shud be ppl wud vote with more enphasis cards with nice art, but art-less wud get their chance too, i cant really say i see where this wud dmg anythin. But i got my answer, not here to keep up a polemic, this is just my suggestion.

.....get prepared for the invasion of my cards with a mono-colored square as art! amwhahahh!!!
..Wont, dont worry :P

Offline NikaZaslavsky

• Reputation Power: 10
  • NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Beware The Rainbow Donut of Doom
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg388157#msg388157
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2011, 03:59:02 pm »
What happens if a card in a certain level doesn't get voted to the next level?
Creepers be creepin'
Builders be weepin'

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg388169#msg388169
« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2011, 04:39:14 pm »
There are two options:
1) The amount of votes is low enough in that during the poll resets, the card gets sent to the archive due to lack of favor from the community
OR
2) The amount of votes is high enough in that it gets another round of votes.

In other words, if the card doesn't advance, it usually stays within that same poll UNLESS no one or few people (based on the 'median' number of votes) voted on it, in which case it gets archived.

Offline NikaZaslavsky

• NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg388187#msg388187
« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2011, 05:27:10 pm »
There are two options:
1) The amount of votes is low enough in that during the poll resets, the card gets sent to the archive due to lack of favor from the community
OR

In other words, if the card doesn't advance, it usually stays within that same poll UNLESS no one or few people (based on the 'median' number of votes) voted on it, in which case it gets archived.
Ok, thanks. Can ideas in the archive be remade by other people?
Creepers be creepin'
Builders be weepin'

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg388188#msg388188
« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2011, 05:28:33 pm »
Yes, although it's vital that you ALWAYS provide the source of your inspiration/give them credit in the idea-making process as well, assuming you can't get permission from them first. ;)

Offline NikaZaslavsky

Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg388193#msg388193
« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »
There are two options:
OR

Yes, although it's vital that you ALWAYS provide the source of your inspiration/give them credit in the idea-making process as well, assuming you can't get permission from them first. ;)
Ok, that answers all my questions
Creepers be creepin'
Builders be weepin'

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5039.msg391725#msg391725
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2011, 03:26:28 pm »
so if i have an idea for a new type of quanta producer, do i need to mock up each of them, or would it be enough to to just do it for one (or a few) elements, and say the rest are all identical?
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

anything
blarg: