*Author

Offline lemital

• Reputation Power: 1
  • lemital is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Serendipity | Shard of Serendipity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31452.msg1036975#msg1036975
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2013, 09:24:08 pm »
i've tested this card and i think it's nearly useless( but it's fun to play with)
on the three card usually
1 is totally useless (like a random pillar,flood ...)
1 is partially useless requiring too much quantas
1 is usefull

this makes a card who changes itself in another card at the cost of 3 :entropy

Offline milburry388

• milburry388 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Serendipity | Shard of Serendipity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31452.msg1052540#msg1052540
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2013, 11:26:21 am »
serendipity brings randomness to the next level, i say, buff it

Offline dark ripper

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Embrace the Random
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #7Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Serendipity | Shard of Serendipity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31452.msg1126685#msg1126685
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2014, 10:21:00 pm »
So I was derping around and saw this and realised that (perhaps pointless but...;p) noone posted stats about SoSer!! I was bored today and made a SoSebow and recorded the extra (non first entropy) cards that SoSer provides its owner.
So here are my results,
100 Shards of Serendipity casted, cards gained:

Quanta Producing: 35 cards - 17,5%
Spells: 67                             - 33,5%
Creatures: 65                        -32,5%
Permanents: 33                    -16,5%

Cool and somehow interesting now,
Cards according to elements:

Entropy: 17     -8,5%
Life: 8 (!!)        -4%
Air: 17              -8,5%
Water: 11(!)     -5,5%
Aether: 16         -8%
Time: 18            -9%
Darkness: 16    -8%
Death: 17         -7,5%
Light:19            -8,5%
Fire: 17             -7,5%
Earth: 17           -7,5%
Gravity: 18         -8%
Other: 9             -4,5%

Most elements are equal to cards but dunno if coincidence but SoSer gave water and especially life less cards.
Just wanted to post those! If anyone cares about the deck used(vs AI4) here it is:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6ts 6ts 6ts 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 6ve 6ve 6ve 713 747 77g 7ae 7ds 7ee 7n4 7q5 7q5 7t7 80a 8pj
Whispers in the dark, brawl #3
Team Earth, war #8
Team Entropy, war #9 , #10
Æ.N.D. 1st place TPvP #7

Offline semper_fitz

• semper_fitz is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Old School
Re: Shard of Serendipity | Shard of Serendipity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31452.msg1141290#msg1141290
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2014, 07:59:08 pm »

Second, we seem to be confused about what Entropy means. Entropy is not necessarily randomness, and is more aligned with things becoming uniform. Statistical entropy is more aligned with decay and the Greek roots of the word is more fascinating by far.

It is derived from the two Greek words en (meaning "in") and trope (meaning "turning"). The concept is of something spiraling inward upon itself.

Not to take any of the fun away, but iI think cards that are currently in the aether element (the cards that make copies of other cards and such) should actually be in entropy's element and the random-type cards in entropy would fit better in aether's element. Just my opinion.
My old forum account has been lost, but I'm a long time Elements player.

Offline laelin

• Reputation Power: 2
  • laelin is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Serendipity | Shard of Serendipity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31452.msg1178261#msg1178261
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2015, 07:52:27 pm »
Can shard of serendipity be used in a strictly "mono" deck sense it gifts the user with cards of random elements, or is it not allowed in mono deck tournaments? Also is nova allowed in mono decks? This has been bugging me because I really don't know and the thread of what constitutes mono decks is kind of outdated.
A fickle mind's fiend's foe is his friend; As is the enemy of his villain. But a fickle mind's fiend is his ego; And it's foe is the feeling of being alone.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Serendipity | Shard of Serendipity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31452.msg1178262#msg1178262
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2015, 08:02:56 pm »
Can shard of serendipity be used in a strictly "mono" deck sense it gifts the user with cards of random elements, or is it not allowed in mono deck tournaments? Also is nova allowed in mono decks? This has been bugging me because I really don't know and the thread of what constitutes mono decks is kind of outdated.
Yes, it can be used as a mono.

Check the deck in my signature and you'll see.

Offline laelin

• Reputation Power: 2
  • laelin is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Serendipity | Shard of Serendipity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31452.msg1178271#msg1178271
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2015, 08:32:28 pm »
Yes, it can be used as a mono.

Sweeeeeeet! Time to ponder and carefully consider the mono-deck options that just opened up in my mind. Muhahaha!
A fickle mind's fiend's foe is his friend; As is the enemy of his villain. But a fickle mind's fiend is his ego; And it's foe is the feeling of being alone.

blarg: