*Author

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212555#msg212555
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 03:32:39 pm »
Yeay, new updates are coming soon! (hopefully..)
Love the art. Is it vrt's?

No, it's clearly a sketch Zanz did on the new pad we all got him for Element's first birthday. :)

And don't count on an update coming 'soon' -- last time, I think it was about 4 months between the first new card announced and the update itself.  Granted, 1.25 HAD ONE OF THE GREATEST UPDATE EVA!, but still.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212562#msg212562
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 03:42:47 pm »
Personally, this is amazing. I wouldn't have expected anything like this to make it into the game. But when I look over it, it models exactly what entropy stands for, while at the same time carrying real theories in the form of a creature. Kudos. I can't wait to see this on Reliquary.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212565#msg212565
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 03:46:53 pm »
Yeay, new updates are coming soon! (hopefully..)
Love the art. Is it vrt's?

No, it's clearly a sketch Zanz did on the new pad we all got him for Element's first birthday. :)

And don't count on an update coming 'soon' -- last time, I think it was about 4 months between the first new card announced and the update itself.  Granted, 1.25 HAD ONE OF THE GREATEST UPDATE EVA!, but still.
Looks like Captain Essence likes my quote.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Malduk

Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212566#msg212566
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 03:48:03 pm »
All decks try to win, regardless if you want to call them rush, grow, stall, bunny or peter. Its a bad strategy in a real match as you are relying on too many things just to get some mediocre effect out of the combo. Thats all there is to it.
All decks try to win, true.
All opponents are equal, false.
Rush deck against hb --> suicide
stall --> win
Just because its slow, doesnt mean it can stall. It means it NEEDS effective stall to work. Which means more cards in the deck and more bad draws. And reward for setting up the combo is simply not worth it.
2 Bonewall counters for 2 :entropy quanta each turn, is the only "stall" you get, if by some miracle your opponent cant kill your 1|1 creature. And those two counters are quite laughable at the point of the match where you managed to draw and play all those cards.
Seriously, try fractaling Balls of Lightning with that same combo and see results. BoLs are definitely faster than this, and more reliable, and its STILL just a mediocre, not very competitive, deck.

If cards that benefit from death effects are in some way improved, or if Zanz comes up with new ones, then it may give some extra value to this card. As is, I see it being used mostly in "fun" decks.
Then again, this card may have some non-obvious perks we dont see yet without testing it.

Falcon4415

Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212570#msg212570
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 03:53:53 pm »
1: The picture is awesome
2: The combos this will lead to will be awesome
3: Physics is awesome
Conclusion: this card is awesome. I hope it gets added to the game.

This card is in development, that means it will be added to the game. Most likely in the next update.

Or, this card will be added to the game and won't be added to the game. The result changed if you play the game.
My fault. I meant "I hope it will be added to the game like this (no changing)."

Also, somebody should create an "open the box" spell, just for lulz.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212603#msg212603
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 04:57:43 pm »
Nice.

I wonder what the upgraded version would be? 1 :entropy cost for the ability? Higher stats?
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212625#msg212625
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 05:40:02 pm »
It looks like we might get some more simple, but fun on-death effects -- maybe something like gaining HP, doing damage to the opponent, drawing cards, gaining quanta, etc.

In short: we may end up getting some new permanents or creatures with passive abilities that can do what existing cards can do, but can be triggered multiple times with the condition that an on-death effect needs to be triggered first.

from chat:

[11/29/2010 09:19:24 AM] Shantu: Fractal cat! :D
[11/29/2010 09:19:30 AM] DesertKnight: "has visions of people fractaling this cat and having a full amount of cats on their side... then they type : "MEOW" in sending a PM during the game -_-"

Meow :3

I'd like to know how this would work with immolate?

so I activate the "dead alive" skill...
then I can also immolate it?
Which means +4 to bone wall! and/or +2 to vultures!

or is this card "disappearing" at the end of the turn or one turn of immorality?

:D excellent card though.
Ability activation and Immolation are two separate effects -- once you burn the kitty, it stays dead. The Dead and Alive ability probably means ":entropy :entropy: Trigger all on-death effects once (Schrodinger's Cat is not killed after activating this ability)."
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212628#msg212628
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 05:42:22 pm »
I can imagine a poison stall with the combo of these guys and bonewall and maybe a bit of CC.

Glad to see new cards around the pike.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212644#msg212644
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 05:59:21 pm »
*Is excited*

This looks like a very interesting card and it's nice to know that Zanzarino is back :D
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212666#msg212666
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 06:17:54 pm »
Awesome =D

I would suggest on looking at it to lower the ability cost to 1 :entropy.

Would be an interesting Fractal Target with bonewall.

Offline BC

• Reputation Power: 0
  • BC hides under a Cloak.
  • have an escape plan
Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212685#msg212685
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 06:38:57 pm »
I like the idea, but a question: if you quint the cat, does it go away when it uses its ability?

Kuross

Re: Schrödinger's Cat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16601.msg212687#msg212687
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 06:41:15 pm »
Fortune:
"It may -- or may not -- be possible to think inside the box today, so be ready to give outside the box a solid try."
Would that be a litterbox? Or a little graveyard of not-so-dead toosie rolls?  ;D

anything
blarg: