*Author

genraenera

A new concept: MonoEntropy Beatdown https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16247.msg208110#msg208110
« on: November 24, 2010, 01:55:53 am »
Well, I think this idea is original.  If someone's already posted this strategy, make sure to post it so they can get credit.

On to the deck; here it is.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6tt 6tt 6u0 6u0 6u0 6u0 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u4 6u4 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 8pj

The strategy is to get out a dissipation field with 1-3 snovas.  One would think "this is mono entropy, use the shield instead", but thats not where I want to go.  The combo of snova + dissipation field gives some interesting effects when compared to entropy towers + dissipation shield.  With the latter strategy, your shield's ability absorbs the quanta you need to play your creatures.  However, if you use a field + snovas, you get a larger amount of damage protection in the short term, and it does NOT interfere with your playing of creatures, and therein lies its success.  Each snova you play will block 24 damage, and they can easily be played on your first turn.

Card by card breakdown:

Mark of Entropy - speed is of the essence here.  A darkness mark could work, but the aim of this deck is to get a solid defense out, combined with a handful of mid-range damagers and control in the shortest time possible.  The darkness mark would interfere with the playing of your entropy cards and seeing as all of your cards are entropy, that is a huge deal.

5x Amethyst Tower - to play stuff.
2x Maxwell's Demon - fantastic control card with mono entropy.  Shuts many decks down entirely (see immorush, life rush, or really any other rush)
4x Dissipation Field - your defense.  one of these badboys out with a snova will buy you time for another snova, which buys time for another, and so on.
6x Werewolf - the muscle of the deck.  2 :entropy and 1 :darkness for 6 damage is pretty darn good.  Also you can mutate them for fantastic results.
6x Supernova - see dissipation field, also for werewolf ability (and mutants' abilities as well)
2x Improved Mutation - play these on an un-lycaned werewolf, or if your foe has no paradoxable creatures use it on a maxwell.
1x Discord - discord is just raw as hell.  'nuff said.
4x Entropy Pendulum - split from towers for extra earthquake protection.

I just came up with the idea a few hours before I started writing this post, so the deck is not tweaked at all.  There is TONS of room for customization for this deck, some cards to be seriously considered are butterfly effect, antimatter, and pandemonium.

Edit:  Fixed a major typo, added mark justification.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:27:13 am by willng3 »

Re: A new concept: MonoEntropy Beatdown https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16247.msg208163#msg208163
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 03:04:13 am »
Mark of  :darkness, not  :entropy

CrazyJay94

Re: A new concept: MonoEntropy Beatdown https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16247.msg208166#msg208166
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:07:42 am »
yea. theres your first thing to change right there. just incase you dont get the super nova but have a lycan/werewolf out.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: A new concept: MonoEntropy Beatdown https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16247.msg208168#msg208168
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:08:59 am »
Not necessarily. You only need 6 darkness quanta in the game, and the supernovas provide 12. The pendulums are more for earthquake protection.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: A new concept: MonoEntropy Beatdown https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16247.msg208171#msg208171
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 03:14:05 am »
There might not be a need for that; SN gives you :darkness quanta to power 2 Werewolves, and it's already been stated that you can just Mutate them anyways.  Aside from the Werewolves and Dissipation Field, there's not much else for you to do with that excess quanta.

Neat deck idea; it takes some of the monotony out of Mono-entropy for you.  Also:  I think SN provides 24 points of damage protection, not 34 :)

EDIT:  Ninja'd
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

genraenera

Re: A new concept: MonoEntropy Beatdown https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16247.msg208512#msg208512
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 05:27:11 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  I fixed the 34 damage typo in the OP.  I actually think entropy mark is better that darkness for this; the supernovas will give plenty of darkness for the werewolves, and if not then they're just mutation fodder.  It would work fine with a darkness mark, but the point of this deck is that your field does not interfere with your playing of cards, making it quite fast for mono entropy with a shield.  With a darkness mark, your speed is demolished, and honestly I would rather be forced to leave a werewolf unlycaned than to not be able to play more cards.  Like I said in the OP, theres tons of room for customization here, darkness mark would be one spot for customization.

LongDono

Re: A new concept: MonoEntropy Beatdown https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16247.msg208874#msg208874
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 02:49:11 am »
Well I love the concept here, I play mono entropy as my main PvP1 deck and have a high win rate. I would take out 1 Werewolf for 1 antimatter. If this is ment to absorb damage in the short term then getting rid of thier biggest guy and healing at the same time seems awesome to me.
As a matter of fact I just got an awesome idea based off this concept. I dont have the cards to pull it off just yet....

Offline BC

• Reputation Power: 0
  • BC hides under a Cloak.
  • have an escape plan
Re: A new concept: MonoEntropy Beatdown https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16247.msg208887#msg208887
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 03:14:39 am »
Interesting deck and unusual strategy (snova + diss field) Yeah, mono-entropy is very effective, I found out. In fact, I put up a deck somewhat like that what on my t50 from time to time to challenge those people farming t50 with golem rushes (below)
I feel like BE could help your deck, but those werewolves are kind of fragile. Maybe -2 Werewolf -1 Improved Mutation and +2 Minor Abomination + 1 Butterfly Effect. But then again, you may run short on :entropy with BE.
Code: [Select]
4vg 4vg 4vg 500 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6tt 6tt 6tt 6tt 6tt 6tt 6u5 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve

genraenera

Re: A new concept: MonoEntropy Beatdown https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16247.msg209481#msg209481
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 12:01:16 am »
Yeah the only reason I don't have BE in the deck is its just so heavy on the quanta.  I was thinking of minor aboms, but they're just too weak to be useful without BE or mutation so I left them out.  Im still working on getting the cards for this deck, but when I do I'll take out one werewolf for an antimatter for starters.

blarg: genraenera