*Author

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg144328#msg144328
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2010, 09:00:37 pm »
What about Supernova? Im guessing it doesnt effect the entropy quanta at all, and it reduces the top number by 2 of the respective element for supernova correct? Then nova would just reduce the top number by 1 for all elements? And does deck size effect QI at all? Im trying to cover all my bases here. I dont like having to rewrite code, its a pain in the butt.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg144347#msg144347
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2010, 09:20:41 pm »
What about Supernova? Im guessing it doesnt effect the entropy quanta at all, and it reduces the top number by 2 of the respective element for supernova correct? Then nova would just reduce the top number by 1 for all elements? And does deck size effect QI at all? Im trying to cover all my bases here. I dont like having to rewrite code, its a pain in the butt.
For Nova and Supernova, it depends on what elements your deck uses. I think I've explained it somewhere in the past.

Yeah, look at page 3 and 4.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg144508#msg144508
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2010, 12:55:50 am »
Ok, Im just going to use the general formula, and people can decide whats optimal based on their deck size. Also, as far as fractal, after searching this thread, Im just going to use it as -9  :aether and not consider the extra buffs it gives, until a straight formula is found.
 :aether cards

Turquoise Nymph-Count twice?
Lobo-Count once?
Mindgate- Count Twice

Would that be correct?
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

miniwally

Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg144529#msg144529
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2010, 01:40:32 am »
I'd say turquoise once, lobo once, mindgate twice.

Offline Toimu13

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Toimu13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Thread Necromancer
Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg163910#msg163910
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2010, 02:02:14 am »
I will start using something like this.  My old way was 1/3 Pillars/Towers, then Total Quanta used compared to how many cards the deck had, and what kind of deck it was.

Bookmarked, THANKS!

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg201679#msg201679
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2010, 02:09:18 pm »
Problem 1: How do duos, trios, and quartets work?

I suppose you could calculate the QI of each individual element, but Pendulums give elements every other turn, throwing calculations off.

Problem 2: We need to take into account how long the game is expected to go.

If the expected TTW is ~7-10, then QI works perfectly. But if you run a stall, for example FFQ decks, then you'll have not enough quanta in the beginning, and too much in the end

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg201693#msg201693
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2010, 02:53:51 pm »
Problem 1: How do duos, trios, and quartets work?

I suppose you could calculate the QI of each individual element, but Pendulums give elements every other turn, throwing calculations off.
The simplest and usually good enough solution is to calculate each element individually and consider pendulums to be half of a pillar.

There's also the important decision which mark to take, and from which element take the pendulums. Usually the mark should be of the element that you need early, but with pendulums you get the pendulum's base element one turn earlier than the other one, so eg. fractal devourer with darkness mark and aether pendulums will have a bit more darkness, but even upped won't be able to field devourers earlier than turn 3. On the other hand, aether mark with darkness pendulums might allow a turn 2 devourer (turn 1 upped), but would produce more aether overall... if not for the devourers, that is. Of course playing upped alters these calculations a bit.

Problem 2: We need to take into account how long the game is expected to go.

If the expected TTW is ~7-10, then QI works perfectly. But if you run a stall, for example FFQ decks, then you'll have not enough quanta in the beginning, and too much in the end
Here the simplest solution, and the one most people are using I guess, is to find the best QI for a given type of deck. Generally rush decks work best with QI between 4 and 5, while control decks, denial, stall etc. work better with QI between 5 and 7. For rush deck, it is usually best if your hand is empty roughly the turn you win (eg. no excess quanta, no excess cards), so you can adjust QI trying to achieve this.

On the other hand, most slower decks shouldn't follow this path, since they need a lot of quanta in the beginning to take control of the field, and less quanta later, to keep the control. Thus naturally they have excess quanta in late game. One exception might be the decks using hourglasses to draw additional cards, so they might be able to use the excess quanta.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Kakugane

Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg206730#msg206730
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2010, 12:26:00 pm »
I just want to say thank to Scaredgirl. I've been plating this game for since sundial could draw two cards, and the thing I liked the least was changing elements to a new deck and all the fumbling around (losing electrum!) to fix it, then reverting back to a deck that works. Sticking with only one deck is kinda boring. I'm going to use this general idea to go look at decks I've archived and tweak them.

miniwally

Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg207758#msg207758
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2010, 05:29:36 pm »
I just want to say thank to Scaredgirl. I've been plating this game for since sundial could draw two cards, and the thing I liked the least was changing elements to a new deck and all the fumbling around (losing electrum!) to fix it, then reverting back to a deck that works. Sticking with only one deck is kinda boring. I'm going to use this general idea to go look at decks I've archived and tweak them.
That's weird considering sundial could never draw two cards.

Scaredgirl

Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg208308#msg208308
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2010, 08:36:24 am »
Kakugane is correct. Original Sundial lasted for two turns which meant you could draw two cards. This 50% less card drawing was probably the main reason why Sundial nerf was so devastating.

miniwally

Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg208437#msg208437
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2010, 03:30:01 pm »
Kakugane is correct. Original Sundial lasted for two turns which meant you could draw two cards. This 50% less card drawing was probably the main reason why Sundial nerf was so devastating.
The way he said it sounded like he meant as in each time you used it, it drew two cards. I considered he meant what you said but I thought he would've said since sundial lasted two turn rather than drew two cards. Thanks for your awesome decks back then :)

Demut

Re: Using Quanta Index to determine the optimal number of Pillars in a deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5676.msg208506#msg208506
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2010, 05:22:55 pm »
I always preferred to just consider what the average initial pillar draw would be and base everything off that.

anything
blarg: