*Author

Scaredgirl

Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg3093#msg3093
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:48 pm »

Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7k0 7k1 808 808 808 808 808 80b 80b 80b 8pr

If you have Miracle take it and drop one Light Tower.

This deck is based on an idea that someone (sorry, forgot your name) in chat suggested. It's not that great really but you can have fun with it for a couple of matches.

1. Play Elite Pegasus
2. Use one or more Improved Blessing on him
3. Wait for next turn
4. Use the Dive ability your Pegasus has (doubles his attack for one turn)
5. Use Twin universe on him
6. Your new Twin Universe Pegasus has double the attack the old one had!
6. Enjoy as your Super Pegasus crushes your enemy.

Strengths:

- Super Pegasus hits hard
- weapon and shield are non-destructible
- immunity to spells
- easy to play
- should work pretty well as non-upgraded

Weaknesses:
- one-dimensional
- no way of removing permanents like Sundial or Phase Shield
- easy to deck out
- no healing (unless you have Miracle)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:16:31 am by willng3 »

Offline Qwandri

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Qwandri is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg3094#msg3094
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:48 pm »

cool idea! i'll try it as soon as i have cash cash cash.
Strike that, reverse it.

RoKetha

Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg3453#msg3453
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

Looks fun but it's so similar to the general fake god strategy of "hit hard and fast with creature damage" that all those anti-god decks with Sundials, Otyughs, Fallen Elves, Phase Shields, and Bone Walls aren't really going to have to adjust to counter it. Also, if they PU your creatures you're screwed.

Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg3454#msg3454
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

This is very similar to the Wyrm deck I used to play against Miracle to earn money for Scardgirl's deck (my Aether deck just didn't cut it).

Mark of Air
4x Wind Pillar
4x Wyrm
10x Aether Pillar
6x Dim Shield
6x PU

It works pretty much the same way, except it relied on the stalls to build up a bunch of godly Wyrms, but it works most of the time against Miracle.

Scaredgirl

Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg3455#msg3455
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

Looks fun but it's so similar to the general fake god strategy of "hit hard and fast with creature damage" that all those anti-god decks with Sundials, Otyughs, Fallen Elves, Phase Shields, and Bone Walls aren't really going to have to adjust to counter it. Also, if they PU your creatures you're screwed.
Yeah, this deck is not that great and is very easy to counter. I probably should have mentioned it. :)

It's just a fun deck to play when you are bored. And it could possibly develop into something better when we get new cards.

Scaredgirl

Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg3456#msg3456
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

This is very similar to the Wyrm deck I used to play against Miracle to earn money for Scardgirl's deck (my Aether deck just didn't cut it).

Mark of Air
4x Wind Pillar
4x Wyrm
10x Aether Pillar
6x Dim Shield
6x PU

It works pretty much the same way, except it relied on the stalls to build up a bunch of godly Wyrms, but it works most of the time against Miracle.
I thought about Wyrms but the problem is that they have only 3 HP and because you don't have Blessing, they are easy food for Otyughs. Also it sucks that you have to take Air Towers because of 2 quantum cost of doing a dive.

You could probably try this with mark of Earth and 6 x Heavy Armor.

Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg3457#msg3457
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

Lol, thanks for the input, but I'm not going to use the deck, regardless. I was simply saying that the deck you posted was similar to the original one I used to beat Miracle and win my first couple upgraded cards.

Parabol

Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg3458#msg3458
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

I used to play this deck (or a tweaked version with around 40 cards, which seemed to me to have a better balance of aether pillars/PUs/Pegasi) a while back.  I actually used Dim Shields in it in the end, and played it against False Gods...I believe my record with it was 52 games, of which I won 11, 10 against Miracle (with a 100% record, I was extremely fortunate he kept popping up) and one against rainbow, who failed to draw an electrum hourglass and was consequently slain by an INSANELY lucky draw.

I prefer to play 6 Peg/6 Bless/1 archangel/1 morning glory/1 miracle when I play my old deck in PvP now, simply because the faster damage from TU is, in my opinion, offset by it being approx twice as slow to play (going off the incredibly unmathematical technique of two elements = half the pillars available).  I like Mirror Shield because it's INCREDIBLY cheap and can pose real problems for some decks that would really like to finish you off fast, but can rarely find room in a peg deck.

As the comments suggest, it's fast damage that can be made to look very foolish indeed by hard counters that are played early - when played late your hand tends to have built up a nice collection of fast damage cards, which if you have been wise with your quanta can be rapidly deployed for what SHOULD be an instant kill.

Some cards that utterly destroy this deck if gotten out on time:
Devourer (bye-bye air quanta)
Lobotomizer/Mind Flayer
Eternity/Reverse Time
Dim Shield/Bone Wall.

It shouldn't struggle with Diss Field - the few times I've seen players attempt this shield against a dive deck it has fallen and taken all their precious quanta with it.

As a final note, I wouldn't upgrade Pegasi.

Pegasi are a 3/2 with dive.  With Blessing they can become a 6/5 with dive, essentially 12/5 assuming you have the quanta.
5 hp is the sweet spot in between Elite otyughs and Grav Shields, and utterly rips apart gravity decks which are simply not designed to cope with damage this fast (essentially, for 6 light quanta you get a 12/5 creature by around turn 2.  Further Pegasi are admittedly limited to 6/5).  There are ways around this for grav decks (most obviously, momentum), but I think the chance to hit this sweet spot outweighs the negatives, especially given the opportunity to build up and rush.  Elite Pegasi are a 3/4 with dive.  Against grav decks they have a choice between becoming oty fuel or viable damage, not both - making your primary source of damage your weapon.

8 damage per turn is nice, but not brilliant.

RoKetha

Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg3459#msg3459
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

I prefer to play 6 Peg/6 Bless/1 archangel/1 morning glory/1 miracle when I play my old deck in PvP now, simply because the faster damage from TU is, in my opinion, offset by it being approx twice as slow to play (going off the incredibly unmathematical technique of two elements = half the pillars available).  I like Mirror Shield because it's INCREDIBLY cheap and can pose real problems for some decks that would really like to finish you off fast, but can rarely find room in a peg deck.
Think your logic is pretty flawed here... first, it's the same number of cards you need to draw (2 pegasi or 1 pegasus 1 TU) so it really can't be twice as a slow to play--you do only have a 76% chance of an aether tower in your first 7 cards but I don't think that's really twice as slow. And 2 pegasi = 12 damage while 1 pegasus 1 TU = 18 damage. 2 pegasi + 1 bless = 18 damage while 1 pegasus 1 bless 1 TU = 36 damage or 1 pegasus 2 TU = 40 damage. TU actually triple damage compared to the double damage of a second pegasus, or less than double with blessing.

If you could manage to work in momentum and a way to protect the pegasi, that would make it killer... but sadly I don't think there's a deck out there that can afford all the things it needs to protect your pegasi that long while including momentum and this deck's base cards. You'd end up with a deck so large you'd need hourglasses, and lots of defense... just starts getting ugly. Not to mention that you couldn't play the momentum card before TU due to associated bugs.

Nadrin

Re: Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg168139#msg168139
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 12:05:52 am »
I may try a rainbow version of this, taking out the shield, glory, miracle, and some pillars and put in other helpful, damaging cards.

Retribution

Re: Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg168141#msg168141
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 12:08:32 am »
I may try a rainbow version of this, taking out the shield, glory, miracle, and some pillars and put in other helpful, damaging cards.
I believe the dive + TU exploit doesn't work anymore...

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Blessed Pegasus from Twin Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.msg168151#msg168151
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 12:21:58 am »
Er.....thread necro much?
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

anything
blarg: Scaredgirl