*Author

Junkers

Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg469008#msg469008
« on: March 09, 2012, 07:18:47 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vi 4vi 4vi 4vi 4vl 4vl 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55l 55l 55l 55l 55l 55l 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 576 576 576 576 8pj

This deck has been a lot of fun in PvP, and giving all those popular rainbow decks a serious headache, while completely shutting down mono and duo with a good draw. It even survived a devourer-quake denial deck, although it was a pretty boring match on both sides.

Discord and Black Hole is just such a great combo, and I only recently discovered how versatile sapphire chargers are.... Mono-aether tends to flop hard against this deck.

Offline waterzx

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Black Disco Rush [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg469009#msg469009
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:25:28 am »
Doesn't seem rush to me. Those Chargers are too low in attack. But indeed a good denial deck.

Junkers

Re: Black Disco Redundant Sapphire Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg469017#msg469017
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:26:33 am »
Doesn't seem rush to me. Those Chargers are too low in attack. But indeed a good denial deck.
Not a true rush, but once the saphire chagers start popping out one after another, opponents feel pretty rushed. It had some nice 10 turn kills in PvP. I suppose I should change the "rush" in the title to "redundant sapphire charge"

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg469138#msg469138
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:59:04 pm »
Why not just use standard disc/bh? Those chaos seeds aren't really that reliable CC.

Junkers

Re: Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg469210#msg469210
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:04:39 am »
Why not just use standard disc/bh? Those chaos seeds aren't really that reliable CC.
I wanted a use for extra entropy quanta, and the seeds have been pretty good in protecting my chargers from oty's, mind flayers, etc. and can also pick off low health pumpable creatures like spirits and golems early.

What's the 'standard'deck build then?

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg469213#msg469213
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 06:10:49 am »
I wanted a use for extra entropy quanta, and the seeds have been pretty good in protecting my chargers from oty's, mind flayers, etc. and can also pick off low health pumpable creatures like spirits and golems early.

What's the 'standard'deck build then?
Well, it's not really standard, but I just assumed Seraph's was the most well known.
Code: [Select]
4ve 4ve 4vf 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 55l 55l 55l 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v (mark of :gravity)
Here, the excess :entropy is put into abominations and a dragon. Also, his version uses entropy pendulums, which means a discord can come out faster and lock down the opponent earlier. You also only have 2 discords in your deck, so the chances of drawing them aren't that high. Chaos seeds might be useful as control, but you don't need to worry about otys unless they're blessed, and mind flayers aren't that great either. The purpose of your chargers is not momentum, but merely extra damage. With a good discord/black hole denial going, you should be able to lock down your opponent and not worry about CC and PC.

Junkers

Re: Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg469345#msg469345
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 05:29:14 pm »
Well, it's not really standard, but I just assumed Seraph's was the most well known.
Code: [Select]
4ve 4ve 4vf 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 55l 55l 55l 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v (mark of :gravity)
Here, the excess :entropy is put into abominations and a dragon. Also, his version uses entropy pendulums, which means a discord can come out faster and lock down the opponent earlier. You also only have 2 discords in your deck, so the chances of drawing them aren't that high. Chaos seeds might be useful as control, but you don't need to worry about otys unless they're blessed, and mind flayers aren't that great either. The purpose of your chargers is not momentum, but merely extra damage. With a good discord/black hole denial going, you should be able to lock down your opponent and not worry about CC and PC.
Great looking deck, I'm short a couple of discords, only have the two actually, but I like the look of this deck.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg469411#msg469411
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 09:40:38 pm »
Well yeah. If you only have 2 discords, then I think your build would probably be fine.

Offline UnderneathTheLens

• Reputation Power: 10
  • UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg470496#msg470496
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 08:31:54 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vi 4vi 4vi 4vi 4vl 4vl 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55l 55l 55l 55l 55l 55l 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 576 576 576 576 8pj

This deck has been a lot of fun in PvP, and giving all those popular rainbow decks a serious headache, while completely shutting down mono and duo with a good draw. It even survived a devourer-quake denial deck, although it was a pretty boring match on both sides.

Discord and Black Hole is just such a great combo, and I only recently discovered how versatile sapphire chargers are.... Mono-aether tends to flop hard against this deck.
Chargers do have momentum, but since you have so much quanta denial, maybe you want to use aboms/purple dragons instead? (better dmg/quanta ratio)

Junkers

Re: Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg475948#msg475948
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 07:16:26 pm »
Chargers do have momentum, but since you have so much quanta denial, maybe you want to use aboms/purple dragons instead? (better dmg/quanta ratio)
I might have to try that... The saphs have been great though.

Offline whatifidogetcaught?

• Reputation Power: 28
  • whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Fattest skinny guy you know.
Re: Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg475951#msg475951
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 07:26:59 pm »
that's a deck I though about a month ago. glad to see someone pulled it off. I wouldn't call it a rush, but it looks good to me. and it looks like you need more gravity than entropy. maybe try a otyugh and maxwell demon combo for ultimate creature denial?
A tout le monde, a tout mes amis, je vous aime, je dois partir.

Proud servant of Team :time in War 6.

Offline UnderneathTheLens

• Reputation Power: 10
  • UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Black Disco Charge [unupped] [entropy][gravity] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37334.msg481898#msg481898
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 02:36:46 am »
that's a deck I though about a month ago. glad to see someone pulled it off. I wouldn't call it a rush, but it looks good to me. and it looks like you need more gravity than entropy. maybe try a otyugh and maxwell demon combo for ultimate creature denial?

As it is, it's already a bit short on damage. Having those two cards would slow it down too much.

blarg: Junkers,DarkGDude