*Author

Faqop

Aether Shield with some Fire support. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1745.msg15359#msg15359
« on: January 03, 2010, 01:15:09 am »
I've been playing around with an Aether deck based around Dimensional Shield. I decided to try to do a duo with it so I came up with a list of things it is weak against. 

Momentum / Poison / Deflagration / Steal / Bone Wall / Empathic Bond
That's 6 different things.

I came up with a solution that helps with 3 of the above problems.  I've tried it out and have had good success so far.

Unfortunately momentum, poison, deflagration or steal can still screw you over some of the time.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61v 61v 61v 61v 61v 61v 8po

Got Tired of dieing to Firefly Queen so I added a Rain of Fire.
Just beat Fire Queen, Miracle and Destiny twice in a row. 
Obviously gonna lose to almost any other FG, but the best completely unupgraded deck for FG I've tried so far.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:04:13 pm by willng3 »

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Aether Shield with some Fire support. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1745.msg15368#msg15368
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:14:44 am »
Steal would be better in many decks, but in this case, you don't want to have to Steal an enemy shield because your own shields are generally superior -- and unlike in a Rainbow deck, you won't be able to activate any activated permanents that you steal.  I actually see the purpose of Deflag in this deck instead.

Not a bad unupgraded FG poacher.  The question is, is it profitable?  (i.e. do you actually make money in the long run playing with this deck?)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Aether Shield with some Fire support. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1745.msg15428#msg15428
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:04:40 pm »
I thought about using something like this for Level 5, but definitely not for the False Gods. I'm not sure if the chances of facing each one are equal, but the win percentage wouldn't be as high as Scaredgirl's 40-card Rainbow.

Other than that, I would take out a Deflagration and put in a Labotomizer to deal with Momentum and mutants, or a Fahrenheit for some extra damage simply because games will likely drag out long enough for your mark to provide enough Fire quantum to make it worthwhile.

Rain of Fire generally wouldn't be necessary if you have Labotomizer, as you can just labotomize the Firefly Queens so that they don't make any more Fireflies.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Faqop

Re: Aether Shield with some Fire support. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1745.msg15445#msg15445
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 06:27:03 pm »
Steal would be better in many decks, but in this case, you don't want to have to Steal an enemy shield because your own shields are generally superior -- and unlike in a Rainbow deck, you won't be able to activate any activated permanents that you steal.  I actually see the purpose of Deflag in this deck instead.

Not a bad unupgraded FG poacher.  The question is, is it profitable?  (i.e. do you actually make money in the long run playing with this deck?)
Barely, I've won 90% of the time versus Destiny and Miracle and about 50% versus FQ.  So yeah, not really worth it, grinding t50 or Tier 3 is probably faster.  But it's still fun lol.

And yeah I'll probably throw in Lobotomizer and take out the Rain of Fire to take care of the FQ.

blarg: