*Author

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319770#msg319770
« Reply #420 on: April 25, 2011, 08:04:02 pm »
What would be a good passive ability that could tie in with a creature that could only self-antimatter?
Why self antimattering? I would need a mechanical reason to give mechanical advice.
Think of the possibilities of this! If it's self antimattering every turn, it creates buff synergies, neutralizes strong enemy attacks (if given to the enemy),
Now since it's a pendulum effect, there are even more opportunities:
when it's negative, use luciferine, lobo, or some other ability removing/replacing thing to keep them stuck at healing..
This works against overdrive (somewhat)
It overall slows down losing the game, allowing deckouts or EMs more.
Need i explain more possibilities?
If it is meant for the opponent then a simple negative attack is sufficient.
You named many ways that it would weaken the card and create vulnerabilities in the card. Weaknesses are limits added once the role of the card is known.

@ET
Why self antimatter?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319777#msg319777
« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2011, 08:08:19 pm »
What would be a good passive ability that could tie in with a creature that could only self-antimatter?
Why self antimattering? I would need a mechanical reason to give mechanical advice.
Think of the possibilities of this! If it's self antimattering every turn, it creates buff synergies, neutralizes strong enemy attacks (if given to the enemy),
when it's negative, use luciferine, lobo, or some other ability removing/replacing thing to keep them stuck at healing..
Need i explain more possibilities?
If it is meant for the opponent then a simple negative attack is sufficient.
You named many ways that it would weaken the card and create vulnerabilities in the card. Weaknesses are limits added once the role of the card is known.  Not weaknesses, but Situations in which to use it.

Treat the idea as your own for a moment. What would you use it for?

@ET
Why self antimatter?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319780#msg319780
« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2011, 08:09:02 pm »
*sigh* I was hoping that someone was going to mention this, but now that anyone has failed to:

A cheap hitter, has a low cost, but starts off with negative attack. You get the creature out early but it then has to self-antimatter to pay the rest of it's cost. Depending on the design the creature could be able to keep the self antimatter or just use it once.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319786#msg319786
« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2011, 08:17:07 pm »
If I had a card that either had an automatic self antimatter triggered by something or an activated self antimatter triggered by me I would expect there to be an attack related powerful ability that required the weakness.

Why would I have such a powerful ability on a creature that cost sufficiently less than the calculated cost that it required such a weakness?
Answer the card would normally cost more than I would be willing to have it cost. [>15 mono quanta perhaps]

What effect would be valuable enough to be worth costing so much? Even Ambush was not worth that much.
Nice point ZBlader about a cheaper starting cost. However would not Lycanthropy usually be a better model? Rather than self antimatter it would give itself a one time bonus that would increase the attack pass 0. Like Graboid.

I think I will have use for adaptations of that ZBlader. May I have permission to use?

"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319791#msg319791
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »
Sure, just credit me in the Ideas part of the card if you do.

EDIT: In comparison to Lycanthropy:
Lycanthropy does not heal the opponent for 1 turn. With this, you could weigh the risk between spending your quantum on something else and using self-antimatter. Like you said that would require a powerful ability though, which I haven't thought of yet.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319796#msg319796
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2011, 08:35:39 pm »

Lycanthropy does not heal the opponent for 1 turn. With this, you could weigh the risk between spending your quantum on something else and using self-antimatter. Like you said that would require a powerful ability though, which I haven't thought of yet.
My spoiler was thinking about if the ability was meant to be used multiple times.
Your idea does not need such a high powered ability.
Ex:
CC: 0|0
AC: 2|1
Attack: -2|-2
Activated Ability: Lycanthropy

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319801#msg319801
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2011, 08:38:31 pm »

My spoiler was thinking about if the ability was meant to be used multiple times.
Your idea does not need such a high powered ability.
Ex:
CC: 0|0
AC: 2|1
Attack: -2|-2
Activated Ability: Lycanthropy
Ah, I see, thanks for explaining.

Offline EmeraldTigerTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319802#msg319802
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2011, 08:39:20 pm »
The Left represents the skill in the active version. I would want a passive that would benefit the creature's controller.
The Right in the passive version and could then be coupled with an active skill.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319810#msg319810
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2011, 08:57:14 pm »
The Left represents the skill in the active version. I would want a passive that would benefit the creature's controller.The Right in the passive version and could then be coupled with an active skill.
What I think the Left:
I think it is more useful when somehow activated on the opponent's side; it comes into play on their side, and something triggers (passively?) the inversion.

What i think of the Right:
Also would be useful if it appeared on the opponent's side.
If it's self antimattering every turn, it creates buff synergies, neutralizes strong enemy attacks (if given to the enemy),

Perhaps it could come into play with a 50/50% chance to appear on a certain side. That not only fits the name more, but can tie in to an ability both players can utilize depending on what side it is.
Or for the left, perhaps after the activation it becomes passive, triggering inversion each turn/something, which also fits the name more
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Masterfurry

Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg319923#msg319923
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2011, 11:33:50 pm »
Sorry, I hate to interupt on your guys's card plan, but I was just wondering if anyone can get an Elements creature and put it as a dark shadowy thing and all you see if the shape, not really the creature. It is for my card that changes to a new monster every turn. It is on one of these page in this thread.

Offline XYTWO

• Reputation Power: 7
  • XYTWO is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Existing Card Rework #2 Winner
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg323270#msg323270
« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2011, 04:32:33 am »
I had an idea for a card. It's still somewhat unpolished currently, but here it is.

Memory Jar / Memory Jewel
X (6?) :time / X-1 :time
Shield / Shield
All attacking creatures have a 50% chance to be duplicated into the owner's hand with a cost in :time quanta.

Basically, the idea is to stuff the opponent's hand full of junk based on the number of creatures they have. However, if a charity-type card (give a play to the opponent), the uses could greatly expand: giving the opponent a GotP to be put into their hand repeatedly, or giving them the shield to create a creature feedback loop.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg323739#msg323739
« Reply #431 on: April 30, 2011, 09:45:56 pm »
I had an idea for a card. It's still somewhat unpolished currently, but here it is.

Memory Jar / Memory Jewel
X (6?) :time / X-1 :time
Shield / Shield
All attacking creatures have a 50% chance to be duplicated into the owner's hand with a cost in :time quanta.

Basically, the idea is to stuff the opponent's hand full of junk based on the number of creatures they have. However, if a charity-type card (give a play to the opponent), the uses could greatly expand: giving the opponent a GotP to be put into their hand repeatedly, or giving them the shield to create a creature feedback loop.
And... why do I want to give the opponent cards that they probably can play?

There is no way to "give" the opponent a shield unless they Mindgate it or Steal it.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

blarg: