*Author

Offline XYTWO

• Reputation Power: 7
  • XYTWO is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Existing Card Rework #2 Winner
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg292933#msg292933
« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2011, 01:00:59 am »
well, i came up with a new idea that i was actually able to put into cards.
here goes

i tried to submit it but i saw that i had no affinity with the table structure of HTML (witch craft!!!)

i'd like some comments please
...so basically, an un-Pillar but weaker? I agree with Nepy, but instead, just make them both mark-based pillar-alikes if you're going to do that.

Also, no comments on Diversion and Return? D:

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg293008#msg293008
« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2011, 02:15:32 am »
Also, no comments on Diversion and Return? D:
You're not alone, no comments on my shield (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18212.msg311409#msg311409), either :/

rohlfo

Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg293065#msg293065
« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2011, 03:57:47 am »
i was thinking of making a shield that inverts the attacking creatures' attacks (antimatter) and, if they do not possess an ability (word under square), give them the ability "venomous."

I have no clue which element it should be in, and I need a peer-check on originality. (I know EvaRia was doing a momentum shield some time ago..)
interesting, but potentially incredibly strong if you have enough purify in your deck....considering antimatter is 8 :entropy and turns one creature, this does it to ALL opponent's creatures, not sure giving (only some of them) venom is enough counterbalance....

??? / ??? (perhaps Diversion?)
Permanent (upped+unupped)
7 :entropy / 6 :entropy
All spells that target multiple creatures only effect the first target while this card is in play.
(A note: this is possibly for the Flooding competition) Basically, this card would provide a nerf and a smaller buff to mass CC spells. This would make the spell target the first creature it would hit (the first filled slot) and hit it with all of the damage that would normally be spread. This would have obvious consequences for RoF that could buff and nerf it (could kill one creature pretty harshly, but nerfs its normal purpose). However, this card would keep Flooding as it is now, thereby buffing it.
how many spells are actually effected? pandemonium, virus, plague, chimera, rain of fire, luciferin, sky blitz. In terms of buffing flooding it only works for 4 of those, perhaps too situational? Is a neat enough idea, and also not sure it should be  :entropy, feels more like  :gravity, sucking all the spell into one creature..?

Return / Return
Spell
3 :air / 2 :air
Target card in your hand gains a return counter. Cannot target a Return.
A return counter gives the card +1 quanta cost, but also allows it to remain in the hand when played (using up a return counter instead of the card). The +1 cost would leave with the return counter, stack for however many Returns, and be in the same element as the original cost.
unless you want to be able to play more than 6 of a certain card, it's not worth it, and even then not sure... :s
is a good enough idea but might need some fleshing out?

does that help at all? :s
if so, find my unanswered ideas in this thread and give me some feedback  :P

Offline EmeraldTigerTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg293736#msg293736
« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2011, 04:29:45 am »
My Idea is to use this image.

This artifact would give a bonus to creatures in your possession that are considered to of neighboring elements.

based on the info SG provided in General Discussion:
1 If player has Death mark Darkness and Fire gain bonus
2 If player has Darkness mark Death and Earth gain bonus
3 If player has Earth mark Darkness and Time gain bonus
4 If player has Time mark Earth and Gravity gain bonus
5 If player has Gravity  mark Time and Water gain bonus
6 If player has Water mark Gravity and Life gain bonus
7 If player has Life mark Water and Light gain bonus
8 If player has Light mark Life and Air gain bonus
9 If player has Air mark Light and Aether gain bonus
10 If player has Aether mark Air and Entropy gain bonus
11 If player has Entropy mark Aether and Fire gain bonus
12 If player has Fire mark Entropy and Death gain bonus

Now the next step is to determine what the bonus should be.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg294011#msg294011
« Reply #280 on: March 19, 2011, 04:19:13 pm »
Since that's already a trio mechanic, I'm going to say the card should cost Other, and the effect should be a stat boost or quantum generation (The picture is really reminiscent of pendulums, with the elements going where the grey circles are.)

Offline XYTWO

• New to Elements
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg299378#msg299378
« Reply #281 on: March 27, 2011, 06:58:38 pm »
Just throwing this out there...

Adjust / Adjust
6 :entropy / 6 :entropy
Spell / Spell
Target creature's stats are now 4/6 (6/4 upped).
Any thoughts?

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg299404#msg299404
« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2011, 07:19:05 pm »
Just throwing this out there...

Adjust / Adjust
6 :entropy / 6 :entropy
Spell / Spell
Target creature's stats are now 4/6 (6/4 upped).
Any thoughts?
This reminds me of Mutation.
Probably costs too much compared to antimatter and chaos power.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline XYTWO

• New to Elements
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg299662#msg299662
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2011, 11:41:29 pm »
Would Adjust be better at 3 :entropy as a more certain alternative to Mutation?
Also, I had another idea.
??? / ???
3 :fire / 3 :fire
Creature / Creature
1/2 / 2/3
Fury: has a 100/X % chance to deal quadruple damage. X=attack. (upped+unupped)

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg299673#msg299673
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2011, 11:47:59 pm »
Would Adjust be better at 3 :entropy as a more certain alternative to Mutation?
Also, I had another idea.
??? / ???
3 :fire / 3 :fire
Creature / Creature
1/2 / 2/3
Adjust as 3 :gravity might be fitting but I do not see much hope for it because it would be sharing a small niche with mutation.

Fury reminds me of Adrenaline. A fire creature with innate Adrenaline is interesting.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

rohlfo

Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg300028#msg300028
« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2011, 12:28:42 pm »
hmmm, someone playing Tyrant?  ;)

• Legendary Member
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg300958#msg300958
« Reply #286 on: March 29, 2011, 09:04:10 pm »
starting separate thread.

• Legendary Member
Re: Pre-Smithy Ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18212.msg301745#msg301745
« Reply #287 on: March 30, 2011, 09:37:15 pm »
What element fits Veil of Reality? - Affect: Status affects are nullified. Last 3 turns

blarg: