*Author

dramore

One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg119786#msg119786
« on: July 21, 2010, 10:34:10 am »
I've run a search and haven't been able to find anything. So I asking poeple what they think is the one thing that defines an element. The one feature.

I.E. entropy( :entropy ) = scramble/chaos/randomness

The reason I'm asking is I have an idea buzzing around in my head for a set of cards. However what I really need to find out is the one aspect of each element rendered down into a single ability. That may be way to much to ask. Or at least what poeple think is the domanent aspect to each element. My idea would be a new mechanic for the game if I can define it better. I think if this thread can be anwsered it might be the start of it.

Thanks to anyone willing to post.

cfreddy

Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg121462#msg121462
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:07:15 pm »
 :aether  Immortality
 :air Dive
 :darkness Vampire
 :death Poison
 :earth Burrow
 :entropy Mutate
 :fire Growth/ablaze
 :gravity Momentum
 :life adrenaline
 :light Heal
 :time Reverse time
 :water Freeze

Retribution

Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg121466#msg121466
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:11:53 pm »
Personally, my opinion:

:aether Immortality
 :darkness Vampire/Control
 :death Poison/Benefit From Dying
 :earth Burrow/High Ratio-Cost Creature
 :entropy Chaos/Random
 :fire Damage/Rush/Control
 :gravity Momentum/HP
 :life Heal/Rush
 :light Healing
 :time Card Draw
 :water Control

dramore

Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg121739#msg121739
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 05:22:14 am »
Thanks guys this helps. Would love more thought on it. See what more poeple think.

kalkiran

Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg121795#msg121795
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 08:10:42 am »
 :aether Quintessence
 :entropy Mutate
 :fire Blaze
 :life Heal
 :light Miracle
 :time Hasten
 :water Purify
edit: why dont you add a poll? yknow one for each element listing all the abilities/spells...

dramore

Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg122019#msg122019
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 04:12:24 pm »
edit: why dont you add a poll? yknow one for each element listing all the abilities/spells...
might not be a bad idea.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg122021#msg122021
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 04:17:28 pm »
 :water Freeze
 :air Airborne
 :aether Immaterial
 :life Adrenaline
 :time Hasten
 :fire Ablaze
 :entropy Mutation
 :light Heal
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg122093#msg122093
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 05:35:04 pm »
Hmm... perhaps we should actually LIST the abilities (discounting certain 'passive skills' such as Airbourne and Poisonous, because they're too general) for each of the elements first? Should we also count permanents and their abilities as well?

:aether - Immaterial/Immortality, Lobotomize
 :air - Dive, Sniper, Web
 :darkness - Devourer, Steal, Vampire/Liquid Shadow
 :death - Aflatoxin, Infect, Mummy, Poison, Plague, Scavenger, Venom
 :earth - Burrow, Quicksand/Tsunami
 :entropy - Antimatter, Improve/Mutation, Paradox, Scramble
 :fire - Ablaze, Berserk, Incadenscence, Phoenix, Rage, Steam
 :gravity - Devour, Gravity Pull, Momentum
 :life - Adrenaline, Firefly
 :light - Bioluminescence, Heal, Photosynthesis
 :time - Deja Vu, Hasten/Precognition, Hatch, Rewind, Scarab, Swarm
 :water - Congeal/Freeze

Bold abilities are my personal opinion.

Generic abilities that can be imbued/found in multiple elements to avoid direct association: Growth, Destroy, Airbourne, Poisonous, Ranged.

The only problem is, certain elements (such as :aether) don't have that many creatures, so they don't have an assortment of abilities (which is why Immaterial/Immortality appears to be the logical choice there), while other elements have cards with elemental abilities that technically belong to OTHER schools (see Water - Mind Flayer requires  :aether, Chrysaora requires  :death, Steam Machine needs  :fire, Poseidon/Trident uses  :earth, and Pufferfish's forms either do  :air or  :death). Hell, now that I think about it, :life has only 1 creature that uses an ability (Leaf Dragon/Rustler)...

dramore

Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg122627#msg122627
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 02:34:07 am »
Hmm... perhaps we should actually LIST the abilities (discounting certain 'passive skills' such as Airbourne and Poisonous, because they're too general) for each of the elements first? Should we also count permanents and their abilities as well?

:aether - Immaterial/Immortality, Lobotomize
 :air - Dive, Sniper, Web
 :darkness - Devourer, Steal, Vampire/Liquid Shadow
 :death - Aflatoxin, Infect, Mummy, Poison, Plague, Scavenger, Venom
 :earth - Burrow, Quicksand/Tsunami
 :entropy - Antimatter, Improve/Mutation, Paradox, Scramble
 :fire - Ablaze, Berserk, Incadenscence, Phoenix, Rage, Steam
 :gravity - Devour, Gravity Pull, Momentum
 :life - Adrenaline, Firefly
 :light - Bioluminescence, Heal, Photosynthesis
 :time - Deja Vu, Hasten/Precognition, Hatch, Rewind, Scarab, Swarm
 :water - Congeal/Freeze

Bold abilities are my personal opinion.

Generic abilities that can be imbued/found in multiple elements to avoid direct association: Growth, Destroy, Airbourne, Poisonous, Ranged.

The only problem is, certain elements (such as :aether) don't have that many creatures, so they don't have an assortment of abilities (which is why Immaterial/Immortality appears to be the logical choice there), while other elements have cards with elemental abilities that technically belong to OTHER schools (see Water - Mind Flayer requires  :aether, Chrysaora requires  :death, Steam Machine needs  :fire, Poseidon/Trident uses  :earth, and Pufferfish's forms either do  :air or  :death). Hell, now that I think about it, :life has only 1 creature that uses an ability (Leaf Dragon/Rustler)...
Wow thats a really thought out list and it's toward what I'm looking for. Now just thinking about the essence of the element what kind of ability either passive or active would define the very base of the element. Not just what is in the skill list at the moment. Also I'm not looking just for creature abilities but any ability that is the very essence of the element.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg122644#msg122644
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 03:17:00 am »
I have tried to make a list of such abilities before, but found that it's extremely hard to define each element with one single ability...
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg195018#msg195018
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 03:05:19 pm »
in my own opinion.
 :aether - sound/immateriality
 :air - unstable
 :darkness - bad/evil/unholyness
 :death - poison/wickedness
 :earth - sturdiness/hardness
 :entropy - randomness
 :fire - fiery/heat/explosives
 :gravity - force/momentum
 :life - heal/adrenaline
 :light - hope/holyness
 :time - eternity/hasten and delay
 :water - multiple synergy to the other elements some are destructive while some are helpful.
:)

Offline Raptor6789

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Raptor6789 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: One ability/skill,active/passive that defines an element. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9987.msg210914#msg210914
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 04:31:59 pm »
I have tried to make a list of such abilities before, but found that it's extremely hard to define each element with one single ability...
how very true.
the elements are quite different, but they have many differeny abilities which define them.
for example: darkness has steal(permanents and quanta), vampire, dusk mantle, nightmare, and voodoo.

anything
blarg: