*Author

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Elemental Themes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35493.msg451521#msg451521
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 05:33:10 pm »
I am not sure if your Mother Earth example fits. That sounds more like it requires both elements to justify the theme rather than the theme existing separately in each element. (It sounds even more like it is a Mono Life theme but not a Mono Water theme.)
 :water:life generate a great quantity of creatures at same time. Life on Earth started inside the water, and it's evolution too.

The same holds for your  :water:light example.

This thread is about  :water or  :light not  :water:light. The thematic intersections rather than unions if you will.
Holy water? Baptism? Is theme of purification by water
This thread is about  :water or :life not  :water:life. This is a critical distinction. That said, you have convinced me about  :water or  :life having armies of creatures.

If you had left it at purification I would agree with you on  :water or :light. It was the broader themes of spirituality, sacrality and redemption that I thought required holy to be added to water.

:water:darkness is superstition, legends about curses of the ocean and creatures. Is the deepness of the ocean
How can legendary water beasts be a Darkness theme? A legendary water beast would never be a Mono Darkness card.
Instead of "deepness of the ocean" perhaps "obscuring vision" with algae (water) or with darkness (darkness)
Superstition and Curses about the ocean would fit in either Water or Darkness

Thank you for your contributions and your explanation of them.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

blarg: