*Author

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Element Breakdown: Entropy https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22136.msg289057#msg289057
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 08:36:04 pm »
Disorder is often (correct me if i'm wrong) considered a bad thing. People a lot of the time like things the they are. So in a positive light, Entropy is Change, not disorder.
Disorder in physics isn't bad or good. It is a state. Vaporised water is less ordered than liquid water which is less ordered than an ice cube which is less ordered than a snowflake. It doesn't make a snowflake better than vapour (even if it's easier too ski on the first). In the same order of ideas in physics darkness is the absence of light. It is therefore not bad by itself. That is what I like with science: no judgement just facts.
A question about the game: in what has been said above, where do you put "antimatter" ?
Good question. Note: since i haven't taken a physics class, the following might be wrong.
According to (I think Newton's law), For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. So in that sense playing antimatter is 'starting' the reaction. When you have an oppoosite reaction, it's like moving to the negative side of the spectrum (or whatever the correct term is).

In my other opinion, Entropy is a concept within the embodiment of Something, Anything and Everything referring to the possible occurrences of possibilities different to the currently occurring ones. Entropy represents many collections of possibilities we call 'Order(s)' or 'Disorder'. Antimatter refers to a different (type of) dis/order.

@Flayne (or anyone): If Entropy creates disorder, what then is Entropy?
Off topic: How is an ice cube less ordered than a snowflake?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Flayne

Re: Element Breakdown: Entropy https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=22136.msg289080#msg289080
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 08:53:43 pm »
A question about the game: in what has been said above, where do you put "antimatter" ?
@Flayne (or anyone): If Entropy creates disorder, what then is Entropy?Off topic: How is an ice cube less ordered than a snowflake?

There are many types of entropy, there is information entropy, there is entropy in thermodynamic law, heres the list! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(disambiguation)

But what im talking about is information entropy and energy dispersal.
think about it, when we dont mainatina  system, it eventually gets disorganized.
what is that thing that makes it disorganized?
that is entropy. the point of time in disorganization? random, unpredictable.

blarg: