*Author

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg286039#msg286039
« Reply #324 on: March 08, 2011, 08:23:10 am »
After putting some thought into this, I've come up with an idea. Not sure how practical/useful it would actually be in the game, but might be interesting (hope the mechanic is unique enough :s)

Pyramids
permanent with counters/limited uses/chance not to work/other.
ability is to summon a specific/random creature which you'd find there, i.e. either of the following:
skeleton, Mummy, Pharaoh, Anubis, Scarab, Ghost of the Past, Schroedingers Cat(?), Scorpions/only specific ones(?), Immortal(?), perhaps even Iridium Warden(?), others?

As it stands, too many possible creatures I think, just listing them all for options. Another thing is what element the ability cost should be...?
Think it could be quite fun having a permanent which summons creatures thematically :)
Provided it keeps the limited uses and permanent->creature aspects it is unique enough.

Due to the inherent complexity of the idea I would recommend additional simplicity when possible.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

rohlfo

Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg286045#msg286045
« Reply #325 on: March 08, 2011, 08:40:24 am »
Due to the inherent complexity of the idea I would recommend additional simplicity when possible.
oh yes, do intend that, just thought I'd list all available possible routes for opinions before choosing :)

Midnar

Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg286118#msg286118
« Reply #326 on: March 08, 2011, 12:31:37 pm »

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg286159#msg286159
« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2011, 02:14:31 pm »
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg286563#msg286563
« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2011, 12:13:13 am »
I was thinking of a spell that made creatures leave the field for a time. The name would be Exile or Ordeal.
Thematically people who were exiled or went on an ordeal/journey went away for a long time, and then returned. So a creature could leave for 2 turns or so and come back in. Often those that return are changed in several ways.
This would be considered unique.
I still have doubts about the value of the "exile" zone (especially since the grave was vetoed). I feel it has a lot of redundancy with delay.
I feel it has very little redundancy with delay.
Delayed:
1. Keeps creatures on the field, vulnerable to CC
Exiled:
1. Does not do the above stated.
2. Yes, i see your point about a zone.
3. One trick to this is that after things have been gone for a while, you forget about it. So this adds a surprise element to time. Delay just sits there.
4. Death effects not triggered
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg286589#msg286589
« Reply #329 on: March 09, 2011, 12:39:40 am »
My archetype Aspiration | Ascendance does something similar. A card is actually removed from play, able to return after a time limit, and not trigger death effects, right?
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg286592#msg286592
« Reply #330 on: March 09, 2011, 12:41:55 am »
My archetype Aspiration | Ascendance does something similar. A card is actually removed from play, able to return after a time limit, and not trigger death effects, right?
I'll take a look. And add a 4. to my post
Done. Yes is similar, but yours is random while this is used as purposefully. And not just to make the difference between these ideas greater, but i'm thinking of adding a return effect.
and i just thought of a number 5.
Edit: nevermind about 5.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Time_lord_victorius

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Time_lord_victorius is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm not the Doctor, I'm Victorius
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg289102#msg289102
« Reply #331 on: March 12, 2011, 09:19:37 pm »
i have an idea for a new card concept. this card effect would be to destroy all permanents on the field for a  :fire cost and consumes the rest. anyone can help since this is the CCC
-Education is an admirable thing. But it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

-A true friend stabs you in the front
Oscar Wilde

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg289111#msg289111
« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2011, 09:34:58 pm »
I don't really know if this is a true entry, but I wanted to bring some attention to it because it has a set of mechanics that I don't really see happening in Elements.

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22391.msg303729#msg303729 (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22391.msg303729#msg303729)
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg289206#msg289206
« Reply #333 on: March 13, 2011, 12:39:46 am »
i have an idea for a new card concept. this card effect would be to destroy all permanents on the field for a  :fire cost and consumes the rest. anyone can help since this is the CCC
The PreSmithy thread is a better place for ideas this far along. Also I would suggest searching for Apocalypse.
You would want to identify what the average number of pillars and non pillars would be present as targets.
This would also have the effect of destroying all pillars in one card. I would estimate a cost of 8 :fire to start.

I don't really know if this is a true entry, but I wanted to bring some attention to it because it has a set of mechanics that I don't really see happening in Elements.

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22391.msg303729#msg303729 (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22391.msg303729#msg303729)
The current competition is new unique Time mechanics. I would not suggest entering part of a series in the competition because the bottom entries will need to be "fixed" before they enter the crucible.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg293552#msg293552
« Reply #334 on: March 19, 2011, 12:05:33 am »
What is next for CCC?
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg293565#msg293565
« Reply #335 on: March 19, 2011, 12:17:01 am »
What is next for CCC?
Speaking of which, shouldn't voting for the Time Mechanic have begun? My Time sage feels slightly neglected. :(

anything
blarg: