*Author

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg250808#msg250808
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2011, 03:43:15 am »
Someday I would like to revive this and make it new.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,12623.0.html
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg250816#msg250816
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2011, 03:56:03 am »
Well we already have 4 of these type of spells in game
 :darkness Liquid Shadow
 :entropy Butterfly Effect
 :life Mitosis
 :gravity Acceleration
 :light Luciferin
So we would only need new mechanics for  :aether :air :death :earth :fire :time :water
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg250820#msg250820
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2011, 04:07:32 am »
I remembered why this failed. We needed and still need more bonus effect cards for like nightfall | eclipse.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251144#msg251144
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2011, 04:19:57 pm »
Well we already have 4 of these type of spells in game
 :darkness Liquid Shadow
 :entropy Butterfly Effect
 :life Mitosis
 :gravity Acceleration
 :light Luciferin
So we would only need new mechanics for  :aether :air :death :earth :fire :time :water
Since you're using the thing on a creature...

:darkness vampire
:entropy random ability from mutant list
:life photosynthesis? i guess mitosis could work...
:gravity momentum
:light heal

:aether immaterial
:air ...airborne?
:death infection
:earth burrow
:fire ablaze
:time ...precognition? deja vu?
:water freeze

or are we ditching the "change target element" mechanic and including the cards you listed as cards that fit into the series? btw, Higs mentioned in chat once that too there are already too many lobo spells..idk if she was joking or not, but it could be something to keep in mind.

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251278#msg251278
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2011, 07:38:48 pm »
I think due to the backlash I have observed towards these new lobo spells and the feelings that lobotomizer is losing its Rare Weapon quality uniqueness, we should be careful not to introduce a series of that nature and definitely not have it be a use of an old mechanic.

Rather we should keep the vehicle of Lobo Spells (remove any active ability except momentum and replace it with ___) and use it when appropriate for new active abilities that would be better off as a Lobo spells instead of on a basic creatures.

Remember just because an ability can be put in any vehicle does not mean it is a good idea to do so.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251319#msg251319
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2011, 08:43:32 pm »
My opinion on this is that for the Debuff series, the debuffs are represented as status effects, rather than abilities of any kind.  For now, most of our other series don't appear to threaten Lobotomizer's power or uniqueness very much at all.

However, I will suggest that we hold back on the Essence series until the discussion settles down a bit, as well as use caution when giving a card the ability to give wedge to creatures.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251445#msg251445
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2011, 11:09:57 pm »
You could add a perk to this. "If target creature becomes a creature matching your mark, it gains +2|+2". Once more environment cards (e.g. Nightfall) pop up, it'll give an extreme bonus that will make it all the more usable in almost any deck.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251563#msg251563
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2011, 02:07:36 am »
You could add a perk to this. "If target creature becomes a creature matching your mark, it gains +2|+2". Once more environment cards (e.g. Nightfall) pop up, it'll give an extreme bonus that will make it all the more usable in almost any deck.
I see a two card combo here. A spell that changes creature element to match mark. A permanent that gives a bonus to all creatures that match mark.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251566#msg251566
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2011, 02:12:41 am »
Isn't there already a card that raises stats for matching the mark? Shard of Citizenship, right? Hmm. Too be honest, I think I might have made a mark-related card some time ago. Gimme a sec, I'll look.

EDIT: Just checked. My Shard | Shard of Loyalty (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18760.msg255292#msg255292) heals creatures matching your mark for 2 HP each turn.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251572#msg251572
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2011, 02:21:24 am »
OK then, do we need a spell that changes a creature's element?

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251576#msg251576
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2011, 02:26:17 am »
OK then, do we need a spell that changes a creature's element?
It's been suggested before, so I believe it's something people like, but not necessarily something we need.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Idea Engine (Communal Card Creation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17219.msg251580#msg251580
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2011, 02:31:42 am »
Hmm. I don't want to but, what if we merged this concept with my archetype series? By playing the card, you change the element and apply the archetype?

anything
blarg: