*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg372917#msg372917
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 12:25:48 am »
Discord seems to have been an unexplored route for the deck from what I've seen, so I'd like to expand on that part.

After experimenting a bit, I came up with this variant of your deck:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vl 52o 55q 55v 58o 58o 58o 58o 590 590 590 590 590 590 596 5c1 5f6 5if 5lf 5og 5un 61q 8ps

The CC in this deck is reinforced by the Parasite, which can combo with the Warden for faster kills. Most of the deck's original structure is preserved, but a Discord and Black Hole are slipped in to lock down the opponent on quantum if played at the right times.

The Black Hole is a bit of a wild card, as is the second quantum pillar - the deck overall is quantum-heavy based on QI and you could swap either of the two out for a second Discord. Another option is to switch another utility card like Momentum or Rage Potion into the 'wild' slots - it has a good chance of working well with the other cards in the deck (Rage Potion especially so since it can speed up a creature death from Parasite and Warden.)

Another mod that could be done is to swap the Fog Shield for a Skull Buckler and the Poison for a Shockwave - this could make the deck slightly riskier as Fog Shield is more effective standalone while Skull Buckler works best when you have all the CC at your disposal.

mrbarbarian

Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg373907#msg373907
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 07:42:37 am »
Im not sure quite how ai3 and bronze compare but i was messing around with a similar deck in ai3 and it wasnt fast but it won quite comfortably:

4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52o 52o 55q 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 590 590 590 590 596 596 596 5f6 5f6 5lf 5lf 5og 5ur 61q 8pm

Despite getting no novas most starting hands. The blessings are to allow the wardens to deal damage or give the graboids a health boost to be more cc resistant.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg374520#msg374520
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 11:42:24 pm »
4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55q 55q 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 590 590 590 590 590 590 596 596 5bu 5f6 5if 5lf 5og 5ur 61q 61q 8pm

Eventually, I decided that the above deck was my favorite variant. While I admit that adding another Warden deviates from the theme/name of the deck, I would assume that efficiency is more important than theme in this case.

Changes breakdown:

Extra Warden: As outlined above, doesn't quite fit thematically with the deck, but it's so much more reliable with that second Warden, as opposed to hoping against hope that you'll draw the one card in thirty that could save you, your chances for such an event are doubled.
Extra Momentum: I had some trouble with Shields and felt that this would help more than a Deflag, though that is of course another option.
Removed Poison: In my opinion, it's simply not worth it. There are better ways to spend the card slot than 2 damage for 1 quanta, even if it is un-blockable.
Extra Lightning: As with the extra Warden, this alone helped win games, as taking out that Oty, Golem, or whatever it is that needs taking out instantly is such a powerful tool to have in a rush deck, and helps even the odds.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Baily18

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Baily18 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg374548#msg374548
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 12:45:14 am »
^Using 2 Lightning with a mind flayer when you only have 6  :aether max makes it look kind of iffy, wouldn't something like -1 Mindflayer -1 Horned Frog +1 Forest Spirit +1 Deflag be better?

mrbarbarian

Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg380172#msg380172
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 10:24:23 am »
I think a Vanadium based deck has potential for ai4, I was trying it earlier and by using what you might call a "Vana-bow" was able to relatively easily, if slowly, defeat several halfbloods because I killed every single one of their creatures, only weapons gave it any trouble. As for unupped and bronze league, it might be fun to try an unnupped version of what I was using, in it there is limited damage but its fun being able to kill every enemy creature through a couple of simply combos.

anything
blarg: Zblader,mrbarbarian,Terroking