*Author

Speed Deck to get a good start to the game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8787.msg102491#msg102491
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:42:35 pm »
After recapping on the game, and remembering a few things, I recently had the urge to post this.
There are two main decks that are recommended for new comers to start the game with. Picking the Element of Fire, or Dark, and modifying your deck so that it is mono (only one element)

The reason for Fire and Dark being so over used is because of, A) Fire deck has the highest damage creature 12/3 and only costs 10 quanta to play. And B) Because of the Dark decks capability to heal as well as dealing high damage, and stealing. These are obviously good choices to pick, but I have a deck that I think is faster than both of them, with over all damage and speed.

The mono Death deck containing 6 dragons, 6 poisons, 1 plague, 2 bone walls and 15 pillars, then eventually taking out one bone wall and adding Arsenic, once you complete the second last quest. (or you can keep two bone walls like I do) this deck seems to be very speedy for me, and gets me a constant w/l ratio of 10/1 against lvl3 non upgraded. For a started deck, this is a very fast way to rack up coins to upgrade either this deck, or move on to a FG/HB deck.

A friend of mine recommended I just stick to upgrading my rainbow deck rather than upgrading my grind deck (shown above) to get a faster start. As soon as I upgrade about half of my rainbow I will go for straight to FG's
I wanted people to comment on what they think about this, personally I have to say the deck shown above has given me a faster start and the mono fire has, and I have yet to try out the mono dark.

Thanks for your time, I hope it helps. And all feedback is welcome.
Neotoxicblitz-

Retribution

Re: Speed Deck to get a good start to the game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8787.msg102498#msg102498
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 10:51:47 pm »
If you plan to upgrade your grind deck, recluses are always a good idea.
Unupgraded mummies are also quite effective.

I still think that mono fire is faster, simply because you can get a dragon/phoenix/golem out by turn 1-2 with immolations and photons. Mono dark is quite effective because just like fire, it has both permanent and creature control, but I find it much slower. I think that the life rush and shrieker rush is a better option than mono darkness.

You might want to consider RoL + Hope as a potential FG-killer, as well.

Re: Speed Deck to get a good start to the game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8787.msg102513#msg102513
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:16:47 pm »
I agree, the Shrieker rush is very fast, and quite reliable when upgraded. I read up on the RoL deck, it seems good but not too sure on the w/l ratio for FG's.

Getting dragons out by the third turn is almost a certainty with the mono death deck, though I guess it is with most mono decks. The poison quickly picks off the players/NPC who use protectiong, the fire mono has no form of protection unless you add a shield or two in, even then it wont stop you from taking damage.

sSethia

Re: Speed Deck to get a good start to the game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8787.msg102523#msg102523
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:24:42 pm »
I agree, the Shrieker rush is very fast, and quite reliable when upgraded. I read up on the RoL deck, it seems good but not too sure on the w/l ratio for FG's.

Getting dragons out by the third turn is almost a certainty with the mono death deck, though I guess it is with most mono decks. The poison quickly picks off the players/NPC who use protectiong, the fire mono has no form of protection unless you add a shield or two in, even then it wont stop you from taking damage.
The RoL/Hope deck is speedy in terms of farming FGs. My win/lose with it is about 40%. I think it's pretty reliable and fun, once you get down the strategy for each FG.

The mono-fire deck doesn't need any form of protection, since it's built to destroy AI3s. The AIs are too prone to speed decks, so we don't need any shields, since it'll just slow the deck down.

But I think your mono-death deck is pretty powerful. Great job.  :)

Retribution

Re: Speed Deck to get a good start to the game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8787.msg102528#msg102528
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:31:27 pm »

The RoL/Hope deck is speedy in terms of farming FGs. My win/lose with it is about 40%. I think it's pretty reliable and fun, once you get down the strategy for each FG.

The mono-fire deck doesn't need any form of protection, since it's built to destroy AI3s. The AIs are too prone to speed decks, so we don't need any shields, since it'll just slow the deck down.

But I think your mono-death deck is pretty powerful. Great job.  :)
T50...don't forget T50...
Unfortunately RoL/Hope has lots of auto ditches.
Rainbow doesn't have any (unless you want to ditch against Dark Matter)

elemaster

Re: Speed Deck to get a good start to the game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8787.msg102561#msg102561
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:35:22 am »
Here's a nice and very fast shrieker rush deck (un-upgraded of course):

Code: [Select]
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 590 590 590 590 590 590 591 591 591 591 594 594 5rk 5rk 5rk
I use that to farm AI 3 and win matches around the 4th or 5th round sometimes :)

finkel

Re: Speed Deck to get a good start to the game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8787.msg103555#msg103555
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 04:42:29 am »
I can attest to RoL having a win rate of just under 50% against false gods with 4-6 shards, 3 hopes, and 3 electrocuters. I prefer unupped hopes. playing it earlier saves your butt much more often than having 1 more point of protection. The best part of RoL Hope is you can win very very quickly against many gods if you're just grinding for cards (if I'm pressed for time I'll do this), or take the time to heal up and get an EM, often by doing the math and dealing just enough damage to heal up and then finish with your electrocuter. In fact, fractaling one ray of light generates enough light quanta to out-rush many false gods even without a hope shield. I've won against Ferox and Paradox a few times by just playing dragons as quickly as possible when my shield didnt turn up.

It's a very flexible deck. Against Chaos lord, for example, if you're slow fractaling, you can take the risk with playing your electrocuter and zapping his creatures, or you can instead just get a bunch of rays out and hope he doesn't get any momentumed/ridiculously-high-attack creatures from fallen druids.

I personally am comfortable with the amount of thought that goes into playing rol-fractal-hope, and am just overwhelemed by the time commitment required by rainbow. I've found that RoL farms much more quickly and with less mental exhaustion. Most games you lose you lose in the first few turns, and you have a very very good win rate against many gods.

I highly recommend upgrading 6 rays and 5-6 shards of gratitude (farm top 50 if you don't have them) and farming false gods with rol-fractal-hope. Just 15 games should net you around 5 cards, which you can sell and be on your merry way to upgrading the rest of the deck (happens remarkably quickly) and whatever else you want. Games usually last around 2-3 minutes if you know what you're doing. I recommend agaisnt upgrading a grind deck unless you're farming for score, in which case a mono-life is probably ideal for the elemental masteries. If yuo want to farm top 50, I'd recommend a lava golem rush, speed rainbow with some control/denial (earthquake, rewind, congeal, etc.), or, my personal favorite, fractal chargers (elite chargers, 4-5 dim shields and 4-5 fractals). There's just no good way to counter a crap-load of 7|5 creatures with momentum. even a double fire storm won't defeat you if you've kept one in your hand to fractal in a couple turns.

blarg: