*Author

Solarn

Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg202895#msg202895
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:38:37 pm »
So far, my deck looks like this:
Code: [Select]
4sa 4vc 4vc 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vm 4vm 4vm 4vm 50u 50u 50u 5de 5de 5de 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5ri 5ri 5ri 5ri 5ri 5rj 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rl 5rl 5rlI tried making it leaner or switching things around, but I can't find the perfect balance between rushiness and making sure I get the chance to mutate or hatch my creatures. This is especially a problem against decks heavy on creature control, since I don't have any tough creatures. I thought of getting rid of the Reverse Time cards, but until I score an Eternity, they're my only source of creature control. My current win rate in PVP1 with small variations of this deck is about 50%. Sometimes I can't get Entropy or Time quanta to save my life and sometimes I get all the pendulums down in the first few turns, but fail to draw a Fallen Elf for the entire game.

hrmmm

Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg203002#msg203002
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 05:11:15 pm »
i see you having some quanta problems with this deck.
your deck is actually a trio with a rainbow touch: :time:entropy:life (elfs abillity)
trios are tricky to build/balance the quanta production.

also i suggest to make it smaller to get more usefull cards on a draw (30-34 cards)

some suggestions for improving your deck idea:
- make a full rainbow (about 12 quantum towers) with time mark -> only keep your fate eggs and take 2-3 (max) elfs in it
- take mutations instead of the elfs: tournament deck example (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,7266.0.html)
- make a entropy deck with life mark and take photons, sparks or cheap life critters as mutation base

more help for building decks: 9 Tips for Better Deck Building (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,3329.0.html)

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg203037#msg203037
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 06:49:05 pm »
The deja-vu's are his mutation critters, I wouldn't recommend taking them out. I would, however, recommend --

-Taking out a quantum pillar and putting a Life Pend in it's place.
-Taking out one reverse time and add a Amethyst Pillar/Tower, not Amethyst Pendulum.
-Taking out one Fallen Elf and instead replace it with something you like or would use. For example,you might have waay too time quantum later on, so a Time Dragon, for example. Or just a procrastination if you want it. Or nothing.

Upgrading Path (Suggestions and Thoughts).

My first, obvious suggestion would be, if you end up liking or really want to use this deck, it would be to upgrade most of the Fallen Elf's (Elves. Or ElveNs? ???). Why? Well, with them un-upgraded you have a chance of killing your target, just as they can become abominations. With upped, you can get much better mutations.
If you are doing that, then leave at least 1 Un Upped for CC'ing the opponent's huge critters. It might not look like it, but it works.
The second would be upgrading the Hourglasses.

Solarn

Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg203135#msg203135
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:52 pm »
The deja-vu's are his mutation critters, I wouldn't recommend taking them out. I would, however, recommend --

-Taking out a quantum pillar and putting a Life Pend in it's place.
-Taking out one reverse time and add a Amethyst Pillar/Tower, not Amethyst Pendulum.
-Taking out one Fallen Elf and instead replace it with something you like or would use. For example,you might have waay too time quantum later on, so a Time Dragon, for example. Or just a procrastination if you want it. Or nothing.

Upgrading Path (Suggestions and Thoughts).

My first, obvious suggestion would be, if you end up liking or really want to use this deck, it would be to upgrade most of the Fallen Elf's (Elves. Or ElveNs? ???). Why? Well, with them un-upgraded you have a chance of killing your target, just as they can become abominations. With upped, you can get much better mutations.
If you are doing that, then leave at least 1 Un Upped for CC'ing the opponent's huge critters. It might not look like it, but it works.
The second would be upgrading the Hourglasses.
Thank you for the advice. Yeah, so far I had good luck with the Elves, mutating my creatures into generally awesome things (although there have been a few dumb mutations, such as a Chrysaora with momentum), but there have been a few accidental deaths. As soon as I get enough electrum for upgrades, the Elves will be first.

And Deja Vus seem like the best creatures for cheap mutations, as you essentially get 12 of them for one :time each.

i see you having some quanta problems with this deck.
your deck is actually a trio with a rainbow touch: :time:entropy:life (elfs abillity)
trios are tricky to build/balance the quanta production.

also i suggest to make it smaller to get more usefull cards on a draw (30-34 cards)

some suggestions for improving your deck idea:
- make a full rainbow (about 12 quantum towers) with time mark -> only keep your fate eggs and take 2-3 (max) elfs in it
- take mutations instead of the elfs: tournament deck example (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,7266.0.html)
- make a entropy deck with life mark and take photons, sparks or cheap life critters as mutation base

more help for building decks: 9 Tips for Better Deck Building (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,3329.0.html)
As Dm1321 said, the Dejas are my mutation critters and I think I'd be hard pressed to find better ones. The idea for the deck came to me because Time is a very rushy element with Hourglasses and Precognition and low cost, (initially) weak creatures which, combined with the also not too high cost of the Fallen Elves and their ability means that if I don't get stuck with an incredibly stupid hand (all pillars or no pillars for the first few turns, for example), I can generally score a win over most people who don't expect this combination, and even some who do.

So far I managed to overpower:
- A creature control-heavy Aether/Air deck
- A Dissipation Shield whose owner generated over 10 Entropy quanta each turn and cast Pandemonium twice during the battle, killing half my current field each time
- A Fire rush deck
- And a Death rush deck with Devourers and Skeletons whose owner stole all my Life Pendulums and an Hourglass.

Of course, I lost to the same (or similar) ones a lot too (in the case of the Entropy deck with the shield, in a rematch which was my very next game), so that's why I was asking for advice on how to improve my deck. I hope I'll get some more (more advice is always better), but thank you both for your input.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg203140#msg203140
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 09:08:17 pm »
I personally think that the worst thing to face with this deck is Rain of Fire and Fire Shield... But there is nothing to do about that..

Solarn

Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg203143#msg203143
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 09:12:01 pm »
I personally think that the worst thing to face with this deck is Rain of Fire and Fire Shield... But there is nothing to do about that..
Ouch. I'm glad I've never met that before.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg203204#msg203204
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 10:24:55 pm »
It's a fairly bulky trio deck. Here's what I would do to trim the fat down to 30 cards.

Remove the all the non-time pillars and pendulums, the shields, and the hourglasses.
Replace the fallen elves with six mutations. This eliminates the need to life quanta.
Change the mark to entropy and adjust the card numbers to balance the quantum spread.

Here's what I got with testing:

4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vk 4vk 4vk 4vk 4vk 4vk 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5ri 5ri 5ri 5ri 5rk 5rk
If you want to upgrade this, I would start with the novas. They are very good in false god killing rainbows. After that I would upgrade the hourglasses and the fallen elves as they too can be used in a rainbow. Anything after that any towers you still have would be a great upgrade as well.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Solarn

Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg203619#msg203619
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 07:22:26 am »
It's a fairly bulky trio deck. Here's what I would do to trim the fat down to 30 cards.

Remove the all the non-time pillars and pendulums, the shields, and the hourglasses.
Replace the fallen elves with six mutations. This eliminates the need to life quanta.
Change the mark to entropy and adjust the card numbers to balance the quantum spread.

Here's what I got with testing:

4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vk 4vk 4vk 4vk 4vk 4vk 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5ri 5ri 5ri 5ri 5rk 5rk
If you want to upgrade this, I would start with the novas. They are very good in false god killing rainbows. After that I would upgrade the hourglasses and the fallen elves as they too can be used in a rainbow. Anything after that any towers you still have would be a great upgrade as well.
That setup (unupgraded) basically lets me use three mutations. For a deck with no creatures other than Deja Vus and Fate Eggs, that seems a bit too few.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg204038#msg204038
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 10:10:41 pm »
That setup (unupgraded) basically lets me use three mutations. For a deck with no creatures other than Deja Vus and Fate Eggs, that seems a bit too few.
If you run fallen elves, you'll have to add more pillars to play them, plus a way to add the life quanta. This makes the deck a lot bigger than it needs to be, and reduces your chances of getting a mutation in time anyways.

discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Solarn

Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg204447#msg204447
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 09:37:17 am »
If you run fallen elves, you'll have to add more pillars to play them, plus a way to add the life quanta. This makes the deck a lot bigger than it needs to be, and reduces your chances of getting a mutation in time anyways.
And now I see that you suggested a Mark of Entropy, which would mean I'd get to play all the Mutations in time. I'll try that deck sometime.

Solarn

Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg204503#msg204503
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 12:50:27 pm »
I think I finally got what I wanted. It's much more rainbow-y now (it's technically a quartet deck), but the basics are still the same. Now to grind PVP to get enough electrum to upgrade it all.
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vm 4vm 4vm 5de 5de 5de 5de 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rl 5rlDo you think it's good enough to present as a completed deck?

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: Please help me (Time/Entropy mutation-rush deck for pvp1). https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15822.msg204540#msg204540
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 02:47:36 pm »
I'm glad you took a few of my thoughts in consideration.

So, the deck is smaller, which means it will run much more smoothly, and it isn't heavy in quantum anymore. Some other thoughts would be to take out 1 photon (since one deja-vu is actually 2 mutation critters) and 1 time factory, to make it 31 cards. If you don't want to do that, the hourglasses in a 33 card deck is kind of useless, so I would take them out.

anything
blarg: