*Author

mrmarkus41

mitiosis time deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35818.msg450663#msg450663
« on: January 20, 2012, 02:09:32 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 74g 75m 75m 75m 7ai 7ai 7al 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7q3 7q4 7q4 7q6 7q6 7qb 8pn

this deck does ok at pvp but i think it could do better

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: mitiosis time deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35818.msg450672#msg450672
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 02:31:20 am »
I tried it out and i cant seem to get the chimera to work because the SoR's take gravity since you use up the rest to play the combo. and before you gather enough quanta you tend to win.

I would try and stick with the duo and take your chances there are not dim shields
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: mitiosis time deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35818.msg450677#msg450677
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 02:43:41 am »
Chimera doesn't seem to be really necessary. I'd take out the chimera and the three gravity pendulums. I'd probably replace them with emerald towers, since you'll need at least 4 turns of waiting just on your mark to get enough :life for a single mitosis. The turtle shields and rewind also look a bit questionable. I'd make them into :life producing cards.

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: mitiosis time deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35818.msg452012#msg452012
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:04:21 pm »
***TRIALS RESPONSE***

Okay, let's start with some parallels first. This is considered one of the best FG decks ever made: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32309.0.html
What makes it so successful? It is able to burn through all the cards very quickly (9-10 turns) and perform an OTK (One turn kill) once all the necessary cards have been drawn.

Your deck however is not based around an OTK. It is more of a rush than an OTK. That's why I would remove the Chimera which is nice as a stallbreaker, but slows down this deck. Also, since you're not drawing through your deck with loads of Hourglasses, you're not likely to draw the Chimera anyways.

Since we're removing Chimera, there is no need for Gravy pends. As I felt there was a shortage of Time quanta, I switch all the gravity cards to a mix of Time pillars and pendulums to give the combo an earlier launch time, since most of the time, I was waiting for enough quanta to play a dragon. After the dragon was played, I bursted to 100 damage in 2 turns.

With these minor adjustments, 7-8 turn wins became pretty common. However, with only 2 dragons, I get the feeling I got somewhat lucky with getting the combo out so early, so I recommend +1 dragon -1 pillar to get the combo out earlier.

Deck at this point:

6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 7ai 7ai 7al 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7q3 7q4 7q4 7q6 7q6 7q6 7qb 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pn

Another few options to try are:
1) Using ghosts instead of dragons to get them out faster and more frequently
6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 7al 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pn
2) +1 or 2 hourglasses to draw through your deck
6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 7al 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7q4 7q4 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q6 7q6 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pn

blarg: mrmarkus41,agentflare