*Author

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg456471#msg456471
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 02:18:58 am »
I've seen your post on the wiki (wow, more work!) and i'm willing to back up all of them in my hard drive to later email you.
The strategy guide, list of cards, everything will be basically unchanged. BUT, you may have to reformat all of them in the forum (as you will post them instead of anyone else).
But it's not that hard either. The forum has more neat formatting IMO, so you should be able to get back at it quickly.
PM me for more info.

EDIT: yes we are talking about this page. Yes, you gotta go. When your deck is ready, they will automatically be re-added there.
No, being "melodramatic" doesn't help (just saying). No, improving or deleting is contributor's decision, not poll.

Look at the moral of the story: ask before posting.I'm not fully fledged editor yet, i'm still in training. I apologize for anything that may have offended you.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

TobiMcNamobi

Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg457218#msg457218
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 12:23:42 pm »
What Merawder made, a dictionary for all two color combos, fits into a wiki. It doesn't fit into a forum. Because a wiki is a set of linked topics with attached discussions while a forum is a list of discussions.
C'mon, don't remove one of the hottest topic from the wiki and don't move it to a place where it does not belong to.
Agreed, "improving or deleting is contributor's decision", but wait ... Merwader is a contributor. Ask him!
One more thing. Is there really a need for the wiki decks to be "top notch"? Who needs this? Then, why is "I’ve GotP Time" still featured although it has been nerfed to just another arbitrary deck?

OK, some of Merawders decks are mediocre. Just like many of the forum decks. As well as many of the wiki decks.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg457237#msg457237
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 02:45:54 pm »
What Merawder made, a dictionary for all two color combos, fits into a wiki. It doesn't fit into a forum. Because a wiki is a set of linked topics with attached discussions while a forum is a list of discussions.
C'mon, don't remove one of the hottest topic from the wiki and don't move it to a place where it does not belong to.
Agreed, "improving or deleting is contributor's decision", but wait ... Merwader is a contributor. Ask him!
One more thing. Is there really a need for the wiki decks to be "top notch"? Who needs this? Then, why is "I’ve GotP Time" still featured although it has been nerfed to just another arbitrary deck?

OK, some of Merawders decks are mediocre. Just like many of the forum decks. As well as many of the wiki decks.
"I've gotp time" nerfed? Since when? I don't believe it has received a single nerf, except for maybe Shard of sacrifice, but that nerfs a lot of things.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg457253#msg457253
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 03:48:44 pm »
What Merawder made, a dictionary for all two color combos, fits into a wiki. It doesn't fit into a forum. Because a wiki is a set of linked topics with attached discussions while a forum is a list of discussions. It doesn't fit in the wiki, as i said, because the decks are not perfected. You think making many decks makes you good deckbuilder? Making good decks, now that's a good deckbuilder.
Agreed, "improving or deleting is contributor's decision", but wait ... Merwader is a contributor. Ask him! Naop, Merawder is not a contributor. Jenkar and Gyro (and Xeno) are. He's rogue editor. If you see this then you know who's the "real" contributor.
One more thing. Is there really a need for the wiki decks to be "top notch"? Yes, they REALLY have to be top notch. Else it won't be brought up here. Who needs this? Everyone who use the wiki. Then, why is "I’ve GotP Time" still featured although it has been nerfed to just another arbitrary deck?

OK, some of Merawders decks are mediocre. Just like many of the forum decks. Because that's the point of "deck help". As well as many of the wiki decks. Wiki decks that are mediocre has been deleted. Exactly the point of removing them.
Your argument is invalid.
"I've gotp time" nerfed? Since when? I don't believe it has received a single nerf, except for maybe Shard of sacrifice, but that nerfs a lot of things.
Shard of Sacrifice was not even available back then.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg457259#msg457259
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 04:08:15 pm »
Agreed, "improving or deleting is contributor's decision", but wait ... Merwader is a contributor. Ask him! Naop, Merawder is not a contributor. Jenkar and Gyro (and Xeno) are. He's rogue editor. If you see this then you know who's the "real" contributor.
False. Contributors ≠ Editors. Contributors on wiki is nearly anyone.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Shylderidh

Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg457264#msg457264
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 04:33:38 pm »
Actually this thread makes me question how a wiki can have this philosophy.

What's the point of listing only the most effective variants of each deck kind ? Is it better for people learning the game ? The only effects I see are : making lazy newbies blindly use these decks without changing a card -perhaps better for their farming but also increasing the number of extremely boring decks encountered in pvp instead of diversity ; I don't think making half players use a known deck and half other decks made to counter those known decks would be really good for the game-, and lose interest in deckbuilding as they already have almost impossible to improve decks to use. And I hardly see how it improves game longevity/interest to cut the deckbuilding part.
Is it needed for people absolutely searching a deck to succeed in farming something (say beat god x, or farm ai y fast) ? Actually there are lists in every sections of the forum of the best decks to use for a particular task. I hardly see how having the same decks (or nearly) in the wiki add something, especially when in forum you find them more easily (in say the ai3, ai4, gods sections instead of being classified by number of elements).

Finally I see merawder's decks as a more logical kind of decks to have in a wiki (posting examples of synergies players learning the game may want to use in their decks) and, as their imperfections can only make players learn how to improve a deck, far less detrimental to the game than the "perfect" decks that may be there (now I'd say precise decks in general have nothing to do in a wiki here to explain game mechanisms, if I was editor I would just keep card/strategy articles and rules explanations and cut all the decks but 2-3 examples).

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg457305#msg457305
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 06:48:27 pm »
False. Contributors ≠ Editors. Contributors on wiki is nearly anyone.
Can't believe i missed that "Editor" text below your name.

TobiMcNamobi

Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg457316#msg457316
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 07:18:57 pm »
Very good point indeed, Shylderidh.

There are two things I don't fully understand.
1. What means "perfect deck" or "top notch"? Afaik there simply is not a single deck (or even two or more) that is superior to all other decks. So this cannot be the meaning.
2. Merawder really seems to care for the wiki, so he puts a lot of work into it. His deck list "Merawder’s Decks" has a 4,5 / 5 stars rating with more than 100 votes. For me it just feels wrong to remove such a reference. But maybe I don't know the wiki good enough, so my question is: How many other sites are in there that have similar statistics? I wouldn't like a wiki based on stats or votes but I'm curious here.

And yeah, I see that there is some kind of problem. If you click on the tag cloud on the right side of the screen, you mostly get Merawders decks. But there must be a more cooperative way than to just removing those decks.

Vago

Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg457349#msg457349
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 09:23:54 pm »
When I started (which wasn't really that long ago) I found "Merawder's Decks" to be a great reference as I developed an idea of what cards and deck styles I enjoyed playing .

Besides , without his reference work I may have just played FFQ/Hope for a month before dropping away from the game and never would have built towards the collection of upped FG decks I have today .

I hope that he gets an article page , so other new players can benefit from his research and deck building ideas .

=]

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg457378#msg457378
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 11:28:18 pm »
Example synergy for every element? Random, generic, but effective decks. Hmm, time to dust off an old project I started a long time ago. We'll see how far I got, as I now continue to work on it. :D

(I guess a bit off topic, but this is what I had so far)
:aether mono Aether
:aether :air Fractal Fireflies
:aether :darkness Devtal
:aether :death Bonebolt
:aether :earth DimGem
:aether :entropy
:aether :fire Punix
:aether :gravity
:aether :life PU Dragons
:aether :light
:aether :time GotPDim
:aether :water

:air mono Air
:air :darkness Flying Daggers
:air :death Wall-Eye
:air :earth
:air :entropy
:air :fire Unstable Gas
:air :gravity
:air :life Firefly Queen
:air :light Blessing Pegasus
:air :time
:air :water Toadfish

:darkness mono Darkness
:darkness :death ParaWall
:darkness :earth EQ Devourer
:darkness :entropy Lycanthrope + AM/LS
:darkness :fire Rage Pot Doll
:darkness :gravity LS Dragons
:darkness :life AdrenaVamps
:darkness :light VaderSader
:darkness :time Ghostmare
:darkness :water

:death mono Death
:death :earth EQSStall
:death :entropy Pandebonium [WallCat]
:death :fire FireWall + Poison
:death :gravity Deathstalker Momentum
:death :life Poison Heal
:death :light Poison Stall
:death :time RT Mummies
:death :water Chrysaora

:earth mono Earth
:earth :entropy EQ Discord
:earth :fire Lava Golem
:earth :gravity Pulverizer
:earth :life
:earth :light Immortal
:earth :time Graboid/GotP
:earth :water Trident

:entropy mono Entropy
:entropy :fire
:entropy :gravity Discord/BH
:entropy :life Mutants
:entropy :light Crusader/Discord + Angels/BE
:entropy :time
:entropy :water

:fire mono Fire
:fire :gravity Graviton Fire Eater
:fire :life FireHeal
:fire :light Firestall
:fire :time
:fire :water Steam Machine

:gravity mono Gravity
:gravity :life
:gravity :light Crusader Titan [Blessing Otyugh]
:gravity :time Dune Scorpion
:gravity :water

:life mono Life
:life :light Rustler
:life :time
:life :water Forest Spirit

:light mono Light
:light :time Dune Scorpion
:light :water Ice Bolt Stall

:time mono Time
:time :water

:water mono Water

Offline MV296

• Reputation Power: 1
  • MV296 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Misdirection and secrets rule the day...
Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg461275#msg461275
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 01:17:45 pm »
I am a big fan of merawders decks, i use them often and i also mainly like the idea of there being many decks, for each and every duo and mono.
Darkness: Though you can see nothing, nothing can see you.

Contrary

Re: Merawder's Decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36258.msg461884#msg461884
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 10:18:45 pm »
I find there's quite a few good ideas in Merawder's decks, though as a whole they're pretty hit or miss.

blarg: