*Author

Looking for help & suggestions to change my Rainbow(?) deck for normal-elder. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18217.msg232001#msg232001
« on: December 24, 2010, 04:34:25 am »
Code: [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4vl 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55m 55v 58o 58o 58o 58t 58t 58t 58t 5bs 5bs 5bs 5c1 5c1 5c6 5de 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5ig 5ig 5ig 5jm 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5ri 5ri 5rj 5rk 5rk 5rl 5rl 5rr
Hello, I'm new to the forums, I just registered today. I've been playing Elements for about a week now on and off between other gaming and letting my friend play (who I introduced to the game as well). For now, I'm just trying to complete the quests quickly and gain electron (coin right?). Right now I can only secure a 90% success rate in level 1 Random, and even though that's good, it is still very slow and will get even slower when I start the 500 score quest. I haven't even tried a level 3 Elder, and I'd say I can only win against a level 2 Normal maybe 40% of the time. Even then, I haven't tried level 2 maybe more than a total of fifteen times I'm guessing, and I would guess I won maybe 5-7, but I'm sure I'm just adding a few for best case scenario.

I'd say my deck is based around Nymphs and the ability to draw cards quickly, hopefully nullifying my large deck weakness. I have just been messing around with my deck here and there, not really aiming for anything, so I can't say it's professional or that it even has a main goal or strength. I only saw a major strength in the Nymphs, so I added lots of cards that would help me get what I wanted with some variety on the side. I have the Life cards because I thought that the forest spirit, when using the right cards, could be a major strength. So to summarize: basically the first half of my deck is all about major permanent boosting by having the right resources to do so and having extra health for use of the Red Nymph that takes 5hp for +5attk. Overall, I just want a much better success rate at levels 2 and 3 so I won't be taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

When in battle,  I usually start getting my Nymphs and upgraded beasts when I'm around 20-50% health. I never have had that many beasts, since I relied on getting very strong ones (used to use Chimera). Sometimes I get my good cards near the end when there is almost no point anymore, and sometimes I have my cards at the very beginning and just never have the resources to use them, until the end of course. To counteract this, I have the hourglasses along with a plentiful supply of Quantum suppliers. When I do get the nymphs, I usually get a Golden to help get to the end, and a Nymph Queen(?) after to get many more, which would explain my large amount of water pillars (next to time of course). On another note, I tried the idea of the first half of my deck based around the Amagio + Plate Armor + Red Nymph + Golden Hourglass on the trainer, and I don't think it did very well at all against level 2 and 3, though I didn't bother trying more than once since it was such a hardcore loss. this deck was 35 cards total, which I could post in a reply if you wanted to look for improvements.

Whew. I think that explains just about all of it. I'm sorry that I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I'm just willing to let anyone/everyone experienced mess around with my deck and give good suggestions. I would like to keep my nymphs, or at least some cards, I mean, I don't want to just nearly start over, but honestly, if you say it I'll do it. : )

And to start a good reputation, I have always made it my absolute top priority to have correct grammar/spelling and whatnot, so I'm one of "those" guys. hehe

littlefab

Re: Looking for help & suggestions to change my Rainbow(?) deck for normal-elder. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18217.msg232025#msg232025
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 04:58:24 am »
Welcome to the Forum!

Well you mentioned your basic idea would be using nymphs and drawing cards quickly.

The problem with your deck is that you won't draw cards quickly. 2 Hourglasses and one Precognition won't help you with that in a 52 cards deck.

The other problem is that you use 7 different types of pillars. That is for sure not good. What if the first 15 cards consist of Fire, Stone and Life Pillars and other cards which need excatly the other types of elements in your deck?

You should answer yourself one question before progressing: With which type of nymphs do you want to work with? a) 1-2 specific types of nymphs: Cut your deck around these elements using only these pillars and some other helpful cards from that elements. (e.g. you want to use fire and water nymphs... then your stick to fire and water quantum. or you want to use fire and dark nymphs then stick to fire, dark and water quantum... water is needed in any case) that will make 2-3 elements and you get a more balanced deck out of it.
b) you dont mind the type of nymph... then stick to quantum pillars with water mark i'd suggest and take 1-3 cards from each element apart from that otherwise you will waste quantum.

However... all in all i can say it is not a good idea to use more than 3 different type of pillars in a deck... too random are the results.

Choose the combination of your nymphs carefully... a good combo would be entropy nymphs with antimatter and life nymphs with adrenaline. you can make your opponent heal you with antimatter and adrenaline you can use in order to buff yourself for greater attack or further increase the healing power of your opponent's creatures.

Another nice combo would be entropy and ?darkness? (i always get confused about dark and death nymphs)... antimatter + vampire will result in making the opponent heal yourself while he is damaging himself at one time.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Looking for help & suggestions to change my Rainbow(?) deck for normal-elder. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18217.msg232031#msg232031
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 05:20:47 am »
First off, welcome!  The Elements community is by far the best and most helpful I have ever been a part of, so any time you have questions, please ask.

I wanted to give you this link http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,1190.0.html (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,1190.0.html).  This is a guide that can help newbie deckbuilders getting started off.  It may be a little outdated due to the patch, but the core remains unchanged.

To your deck.  Boy, you've got a lot going on, don't you?  To echo littlefab, you definitely need to "trim the fat" of this deck, as it were.  I will continue as if you want to keep the theme of the deck, although as I said, I would definitely check out the deckbuilding thread.  There are lots of nymph decks among the forums and I have a feeling you would be much better off following one of their formats.  The biggest piece of advice I can give you is pick 3-4 elements and use those, with a Mark of Water, and use pendulums for the other elements as opposed to pillars.

At any rate, best of luck to you and I can't wait to hear more from you!
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Re: Looking for help & suggestions to change my Rainbow(?) deck for normal-elder. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18217.msg232137#msg232137
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 11:31:00 am »
whew, been trying for a while and I'm not coming up with any super successful combinations. I honestly thought a good combo would be an Amber Nymph with a Green and Red Nymph, but my attempts weren't close to what I desired... I'll show you what I had just for the heck of it.

The heal cards turned out to be very helpful, but I couldn't bring any damage, or at least not quick enough. This attempt was severely flawed.

4t4 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58p 58q 5aa 5aa 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bu 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c4 5de 5de 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f3 5f8 5f8 5f9 5gi 5gi 5i4 5i4 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig

Xzaz

Re: Looking for help & suggestions to change my Rainbow(?) deck for normal-elder. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18217.msg234596#msg234596
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:32:44 am »
whew, been trying for a while and I'm not coming up with any super successful combinations. I honestly thought a good combo would be an Amber Nymph with a Green and Red Nymph, but my attempts weren't close to what I desired... I'll show you what I had just for the heck of it.

The heal cards turned out to be very helpful, but I couldn't bring any damage, or at least not quick enough. This attempt was severely flawed.

4t4 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58p 58q 5aa 5aa 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bu 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c4 5de 5de 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f3 5f8 5f8 5f9 5gi 5gi 5i4 5i4 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig
One thing is that the deck is still to big. To optimize it, I would slim it down to 30-32 cards, then adjust it from there.

If you're not bent on a rainbow, then this Nymph Water-Life Duo would work well:
5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig

blarg: