*Author

Offline memimemiTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 6
  • memimemi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always something more to learn!
Focustosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38976.msg484335#msg484335
« on: April 20, 2012, 05:41:00 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4t6 4te 4te 4te 4tf 5bt 5c5 5c9 5c9 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rq 6s1 6s1 6s2 6s2 7ac 7ac 7aj 8pn

Before anyone asks, I only have 2 SoF and 1 SoP.  Straightaway, I would love to take out SoV for more SoP/SoF.

That said, The idea here is to play SoF, accrete a couple times, then lay on Mitosis/SoR.  With SoP in play, it's a LOT of free pc and beatdown.

Suggestions?  Feedback?
The counter to :gravity isn't :aether; it's :D

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Focustosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38976.msg484518#msg484518
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:45:07 pm »
4t6 4te 4te 4te 4tf 5bt 5c5 5c9 5c9 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rq 6s1 6s1 6s2 6s2 7ac 7ac 7aj 8pn

Before anyone asks, I only have 2 SoF and 1 SoP.  Straightaway, I would love to take out SoV for more SoP/SoF.

That said, The idea here is to play SoF, accrete a couple times, then lay on Mitosis/SoR.  With SoP in play, it's a LOT of free pc and beatdown.

Suggestions?  Feedback?
SoP is for what? Remove it and you have a better Shard deck.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Focustosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38976.msg484526#msg484526
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:57:09 pm »

What I think memimemi is trying to do is basically this:
-Get a Shard of Focus in play
-Apply Mitosis to it
-Create a field of PC-wiping Shards to own the enemy with due to their CC-resistant nature (i.e. - their high HP)
-Apply SoP to increase their attack slowly in order to kill the opponent
-Use other shards liberally to increase or recover HP, get random cards, and decrease enemy HP.

The problem that stems from this deck I think is that even with more SoP, you're being -heavily- reliant on that Shard of Focus entering play and -not- getting hit by a non-damaging CC effect (Rewind if you've applied mitosis already, or Mutation/Freeze+Shockwave regardless). That being said, I think SoR is the only oddball shard in the equation, considering that SoF is pretty cheap to duplicate with the Mitosis ability (and you're unlikely to get an Anubis, Golden Nymph, or Pharaoh from SoSeren).

Other than that, keep upped those cards and try to transition your deck into a more fluid concept by removing some surplus cards with more useful ones that stem with your quanta pool (i.e. - you might have to add more quantum towers, remove a few shards you think you won't need, etc.). :)

Re: Focustosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38976.msg484539#msg484539
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 12:13:16 am »

What I think memimemi is trying to do is basically this:
-Get a Shard of Focus in play
-Apply Mitosis to it
-Create a field of PC-wiping Shards to own the enemy with due to their CC-resistant nature (i.e. - their high HP)
-Apply SoP to increase their attack slowly in order to kill the opponent
-Use other shards liberally to increase or recover HP, get random cards, and decrease enemy HP.

Exactly this.

The problem that stems from this deck I think is that even with more SoP, you're being -heavily- reliant on that Shard of Focus entering play and -not- getting hit by a non-damaging CC effect (Rewind if you've applied mitosis already, or Mutation/Freeze+Shockwave regardless). That being said, I think SoR is the only oddball shard in the equation, considering that SoF is pretty cheap to duplicate with the Mitosis ability (and you're unlikely to get an Anubis, Golden Nymph, or Pharaoh from SoSeren).

SoR is also handy with the Dragon, but I see what you're saying.  If I had more SoP, the Dragon and SoR would be the first to go.

Other than that, keep upped those cards and try to transition your deck into a more fluid concept by removing some surplus cards with more useful ones that stem with your quanta pool (i.e. - you might have to add more quantum towers, remove a few shards you think you won't need, etc.). :)

What about Arctic Squid, Mind Flayer, or some other type of CC critter?  What changes would you suggest, without using Nymphs or other Shards?

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Focustosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38976.msg484609#msg484609
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 02:26:19 am »
What about Arctic Squid, Mind Flayer, or some other type of CC critter?  What changes would you suggest, without using Nymphs or other Shards?

Two things instantly came back into my mind while reading this. :)

1) If you don't care about Shard of Divinity spam (or increasing your max HP), replace those SoDs with Heal/Improved Heal. Considering you have a Life mark, you can basically pull yourself out of sticky situations with both gradual healing (Gratitude) and burst healing to get around trouble spots.

2) In terms of CC, Life doesn't have any (which makes it a difficult deck to really counter the enemy). Mind Flayer is good to stop momentum from penetrating, but requires a slight upkeep (again, more quanta sources). The Octopus will require more :water but has better synergy with the SoP, so perhaps a Life-Water 'rainbow' variant would be a better suggestion if necessary if you want some alternative CC. The other idea is to use a cheap weapon (Lobotomizer) in order to get rid of nasty creature abilities, but again, this is ignoring any PC capabilities by the opponent, so it's really up to you on which major element you want to couple the deck with aside from :life.

Re: Focustosis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38976.msg484665#msg484665
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 04:38:18 am »
Two things instantly came back into my mind while reading this. :)

1) If you don't care about Shard of Divinity spam (or increasing your max HP), replace those SoDs with Heal/Improved Heal. Considering you have a Life mark, you can basically pull yourself out of sticky situations with both gradual healing (Gratitude) and burst healing to get around trouble spots.

Very good advice.  The SoDs weren't nearly as helpful as heal.

2) In terms of CC, Life doesn't have any (which makes it a difficult deck to really counter the enemy). Mind Flayer is good to stop momentum from penetrating, but requires a slight upkeep (again, more quanta sources). The Octopus will require more :water but has better synergy with the SoP, so perhaps a Life-Water 'rainbow' variant would be a better suggestion if necessary if you want some alternative CC. The other idea is to use a cheap weapon (Lobotomizer) in order to get rid of nasty creature abilities, but again, this is ignoring any PC capabilities by the opponent, so it's really up to you on which major element you want to couple the deck with aside from :life.

I decided, for now, to just stick to the plan: Mitosis SoF/Dragon, heal to stall.

This version just breezed me through Bronze League:
4te 4te 4te 4tf 5bt 5c2 5c2 5c5 5c9 5c9 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rq 6s1 6s1 6s2 6s2 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7aj 8pn

It's still not quite there, but works a little better.  Thank you for your help!

anything
blarg: memimemi