*Author

Offline PineappleTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: DSMATWATS [26% Entropy] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26637.msg371723#msg371723
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »
Bump, polls added.

Offline Jen-i

• Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: DSMATWATS [26% Entropy] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26637.msg372045#msg372045
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 02:26:17 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vp 4vp 52r 58v 58v 5c3 5f8 5ii 5ii 5om 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5v2 5v2 621 621

Nice deck concept patch, I like the idea of quinted steamies. All deck advice is tuned to what the deck is being used for - a deck that kills FG's quickly and consistently may be substandard for AI3 and may fall apart entirely in PvP. I'll pretend that you're using this deck for PvP - that usually makes it a little slower against AI3 as you go for a little more resilience in trade for a little less speed.

At first glance I think your damage engine - the part of your deck dedicated to killing your opponent needs a little more filling out. 2 Quinted Steamies are solid hammers once you've stalled a little, but are stopped easily by some commonly played shields - having a few more bodies could get you by bonewall and pulvy can solve the others.  Something as simple as adrenaline or a deja-vu could help there.

On second glance - I think your damage engine will serve you fine if you survive long enough - your stalling power is centered around 4 Mass CC cards and some delay. Without any healing in the deck you are at the mercy of poison and other decks immune or resistant to the CC you bring to the table. Your suggestion of Anti-Matter is a good one - the issue is that its just so expensive to play in a rainbow deck - purify is a possibility as a counter to poison - it also brings a surprising amount of healing to the table when you factor in Sundials and Bonewall. I'd consider swapping the Cloaks for Nightmares - to give you that little extra bit of healing.

The biggest issue with the deck - and your original question is what to do about quanta production - QT or novas. It is always a hard question - and QI is a nice tool that I find struggles with rainbow decks. Quantum Towers are nice because they make lots of quanta over the course of the game - however we've all been in the place where we are waiting for the stupid towers to make the quanta we need and it takes 4-5 turns for 6 towers to give it to us. That's why novas are so useful - not only do they give us quanta fast, but they give it evenly over every element - getting us that little bit more when we need it. Your deck is not a rush deck - so having 6 novas is overkill, 6 pillars and 4 nova or 7 pillars and 3 nova should be more consistent. Too many nova means too often your starting hand is 1 or 2 nova and then you are forced into the long wait for a pillar - don't be there - play enough pillars in your deck.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vn 4vp 52r 58v 58v 5c3 5f8 5ii 5ii 5om 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5v1 5v1 621 621 8po
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:03:20 pm by Jen-i »
Lux Kyrie

Offline PineappleTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: DSMATWATS [26% Entropy] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26637.msg372126#msg372126
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 07:08:06 am »
Thanks for the lengthy analysis, Jen-i  ;D

Offline Jen-i

• Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: DSMATWATS [26% Entropy] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26637.msg372297#msg372297
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 06:11:12 pm »
No problem anz - I actually really like deck building and analyzing builds - although I do prefer to do it in chat - if you're looking for help or just want to share a cool idea - hit me up in chat anytime
Lux Kyrie

anything
blarg: