*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Black Denial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40636.msg503238#msg503238
« on: May 24, 2012, 05:28:03 pm »
Hi everyone.

I haven't found something similar in the forum so far so I thought I'd try to do a deck of my idea :)

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
744 744 744 744 744 746 746 746 746 74f 74f 74f 74f 74f 74i 74i 74i 74i 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pl

The purpose of the deck is to build up great denial with Pests and Black Hole. Meanwhile the :gravity quanta should be enough to play Armagio
and stall with him in case the opponent already had the quanta to play creatures. While cumulating :gravity sources and quanta you
play new armagios together with overdrive and take the advantage. Of course a complete lock-down is unlikely but a slowdown should be doable.
Though you have a slow start yourself xD

Anyway, I posted it just to know what you think about it :)
I had some ideas like cloak to use the spare :darkness or steal to eliminate some pillars and improve denial. Also I thought of using SoFo instead of
Armagios. I think it depends if you want the gravity pull ability or accretion, I think both work.

Improvements are appreciated :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Black Denial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40636.msg503259#msg503259
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:42:21 pm »
Try darkness mark. And steals.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline TheAccuso

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Maddecks
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Black Denial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40636.msg503262#msg503262
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 06:49:30 pm »
maybe a couple of SoFo wich ARE  OP denial cards :( can help.
My Creations:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,41051.msg508466.html#msg508466
My nutella!   (n)                     |Collaboration>Competition|

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Black Denial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40636.msg503270#msg503270
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:39:25 pm »
I think you're overproducing darkness quanta here.  I can understand wanting to use the pends the way you are in hopes of a turn 1 or 2 pest, though.  I think you should either switch to darkness match, switch the pends over to gravity, and switch a few pends for gravity towers, or else utilize the darkness quanta somehow.  One good way would be shard of focus; you'd get permanent removal as well as more black holes, and soak up some of that excess dark quanta. Shards can also use overdrive, or, my personal favourite, gravity pull :)

Assuming you have the cards, perhaps something like this:

6x Pest
5x Black Hole
4x Shard of Focus
1x Gravity Pull
3x Overdrive
7x Gravity Tower
4x Gravity Pendulum
mark of darkness

Adjust as you see fit and according to your playstyle, of course.  Personally, I wouldn't even bother with darkness, but if you want to keep that, this could work.  Vampire dagger might also be a good addition if you can fit it in.

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Black Denial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40636.msg503689#msg503689
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 03:20:38 pm »
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! :)

I reworked on it according to what you said.

The steal were a nice idea since they work faster than accretion (no turn delay) and you can make use of enemy perms.
Also the SoFo are good. With about three of them you can already destroy most towers and cover the rest with pests.
(1 SoFo destroys up to three 3 Towers which is equal to an earthquake).

@dragonsdemesne
Your suggestion surely has a quick lock-down. Especially with 5 Black Holes. Only point missing is the VERY slow damage output.
You can have very bad draws. When I won it was most of the time with less than 5 cards left.
^
^^

That's why I wanted to make less use of overdrive since the whole damage would rely on a two card combo (SoFo + Overdrive).
So I decided to make us of the spare :darkness quanta and added some Dragons.
The following deck seems (according to the 5 tests I made so far) not well balanced yet, so I gotta work on it.

What do you think about it?

6s2 6s2 6s2 74f 74f 74f 74f 74f 74i 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 7t5 7t5 7t5 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t9 7t9 7t9 7t9 7t9 8pt

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Black Denial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40636.msg503694#msg503694
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 03:26:52 pm »
6s2 6s2 6s2 74f 74f 74f 74f 74f 74i 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 7t5 7t5 7t5 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t9 7t9 7t9 7t9 7t9 8pt

Less steals, SoFos will get rid of all the permanents you want. Pack some syphon life instead ^^
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Re: Black Denial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40636.msg503706#msg503706
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 03:47:08 pm »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Less steals, SoFos will get rid of all the permanents you want. Pack some syphon life instead ^^

Would you recommend more SoFo's then? 3 isn't to probable to draw early... Maybe swap 2 Steals for SoFo and
the other 3 for Gravity Force so I have some CC? Though I'd need a dragon out then or a creature with overdrive...
Yeah maybe Siphon Life works better, I gotta try it. Thanks for the input! :)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Black Denial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40636.msg503725#msg503725
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 04:42:56 pm »
I'd actually thought about the obsidian dragons, but decided against recommending it, since I figured you'd have enough damage.  I know these sorts of decks can have a quite slow damage output, though.  I have an entropy/gravity deck based on discord/black hole, and it's got a really high win rate, but it takes forever to win, too :p

anything
blarg: