*Author

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg536863#msg536863
« Reply #444 on: August 27, 2012, 12:45:31 am »
@Laxadarp, haven you thought in 6 virus + 6 ball o' light?
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg536880#msg536880
« Reply #445 on: August 27, 2012, 01:33:04 am »
Don't think their would be enough quanta, specifically aether quanta.  Are you saying take out Fractal? For the first deck, it has no defense, so I feel like the loss of damage from BL, as well as very effective death quanta, will hurt it as it slows down.
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg536933#msg536933
« Reply #446 on: August 27, 2012, 05:51:23 am »
@Laxadarp

Here's one of the versions I was trying out:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52i 52i 52i 52i 52i 711 711 711 711 711 71f 71f 71f 71f 71f 808 808 808 808 808 809 809 809 809 809 80b 80b 80b 80b 80b 8pk

BL for instant :death and damage. Virus for CC and more :death. I sometimes seem low on :aether so maybe -1 Virus +1 Tower.

And here with SoFree:

Spoiler for Hidden:
52i 52i 52i 52i 6s6 6s6 6s6 711 711 711 711 71f 71f 71f 71f 71f 808 808 808 808 808 809 809 809 809 809 80b 80b 80b 80b 8pk
I haven't tested this much yet, so I can't tell how it's doing. But so far it's similar to the one above (due to similarity? xP)

I never considered fractal. It seemed too expensive if also TU has to be played. In your first version, weren't you tight on :aether?
I also gotta try the second one. It seems hard to believe that with just 5 Lightnings you were able to afford all those :death cards ^^
Did you TU the dragons or enemy creatures as well? However, I'll edit this post after some testing :)

Thanks a lot for your ideas!
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg536935#msg536935
« Reply #447 on: August 27, 2012, 05:56:53 am »
First deck, it is pretty expensive, you usually get a fractal BL, play a dragon or 2, then get a PU in the turn you win, or the turn before. 

As for the second deck, thats why there are pends, no way to run it on only the soulcatchers.  Good thing about that, is that bonebolt is an extremely good defense, meaning its ok if it takes you 3 turns to set it up.  1 catcher, +1 bolt kill = a 3rd turn bonewall.  Then you just wait and kill stuff.  PU whatever you want, as long as your making good use out of it.  One of the games, I ended up PUing steamies.
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg536942#msg536942
« Reply #448 on: August 27, 2012, 06:21:09 am »
guess who's also back  ;)

was hoping for a new game patch when i got back, wich unfortunately did not happen, but hey let's see if we can still get some good ideas and post them here!  :)

@Gandora, can you post a prototype of the deck, just as a guideline for the rest of us? wanted to see how you balanced things out

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to tell you that I'm over with my exams and have three weeks of freedom now :D :D :D
So yeah, I'll have more time to spend in the forums from now on (as some may have noticed).

I hope you're all still doing well and that we can come up with some new cool decks from time to time :)

Oh, about new decks. I'm currently trying to build a deck with Soul Catchers, Ivory Dragons and Twin Universe.
If possible with SoFree. But up to now I wasn't satisfied with my results.
So if anyone of the engineers (or not) is interested to give it a try, I'd be pleased to see what you came up with :)

Sincerely, Gandora

OOOOOOHHH YEAH!!! Now I could give myself a reason to continue playing elements...
As for Gandora's deck, why would you split the quanta and TU instead of focusing on :death 's soul catcher combo?
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg536944#msg536944
« Reply #449 on: August 27, 2012, 06:28:05 am »
Wouldn't really recommend SoFre. SoFre is only really good for shield bypass or for mass spam of fliers. For just TU dragon (and not even a rainbow), I think SoFre wouldn't be as much benefit to you as using those 3 card slots for other cards.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg537040#msg537040
« Reply #450 on: August 28, 2012, 03:49:45 pm »
No bone walls, Gandora?

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg537069#msg537069
« Reply #451 on: August 28, 2012, 05:38:03 pm »
First deck, it is pretty expensive, you usually get a fractal BL, play a dragon or 2, then get a PU in the turn you win, or the turn before. 

As for the second deck, thats why there are pends, oops, I overlooked that. It was early in the morning :-P no way to run it on only the soulcatchers.  Good thing about that, is that bonebolt is an extremely good defense, meaning its ok if it takes you 3 turns to set it up.  1 catcher, +1 bolt kill = a 3rd turn bonewall.  Then you just wait and kill stuff.  PU whatever you want, as long as your making good use out of it.  One of the games, I ended up PUing steamies.

I tried tried your versions. I liked your second version better since it offers attack and defense. Thanks a lot for the deck! :)
My next project is a Flesh Recluse Fractal, also with SC ^^

Wouldn't really recommend SoFre. SoFre is only really good for shield bypass or for mass spam of fliers. For just TU dragon (and not even a rainbow), I think SoFre wouldn't be as much benefit to you as using those 3 card slots for other cards.

Sounds reasonable. In fact they were meant for shield bypass. But they rarely were of use. What would you use instead? :)

No bone walls, Gandora?

Maybe I could use my second version and replace SoFree for Bonewalls and replace Virus with Lightning? :)

Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • The weird Voodoo guy
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg537100#msg537100
« Reply #452 on: August 28, 2012, 08:24:20 pm »
@Gandora
With 6 sparks ,6 virus and 6 unupped SC I could summon some dragons. You can tweak this with some  :aether generation and PUs.

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg537203#msg537203
« Reply #453 on: August 29, 2012, 04:26:22 am »
711 711 711 711 711 71f 71f 71f 71f 71f 71f 72i 72i 808 808 808 808 808 809 809 809 809 809 80a 80a 80b 80b 80b 80b 80b 8pu

It has very poor quanta balance, but still, give it a try.
The idea is to generate just enough :death and play bone dragon, then TU.
Thunderbolt is the better CC here, but I couldn't properly balance it.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline AbsolTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers - Engineer's Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg1003151#msg1003151
« Reply #454 on: September 27, 2012, 12:28:55 pm »
Announcement:
This thread is locked because of lack of activity. Apologize to all.

A bit info about Engineer's Workshop:
It was originally designed as a thread to quickfix any deck needs fixing, group-style, but apparently such thing is not needed. When the activity declined, we decided to make a challenge thread instead, known as The Weekly Challenge to stimulate creativity. It did influence the community, though small, as evidenced by the few challenge threads other than that one. When the activity there declined too, we decided to lock it and leave the challenge threads to the community.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

anything
blarg: