*Author

Active members:
SpikeSpiegel(1) Thalas(1) omegareaper7(1) Kuroaitou(1) jmizzle7(1) Lovers(1) BloodlinE(1) Zaealix(1) Jen-i(1) 1world24(1) Onizuka(1) the dictator(1) LifeLockable(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) XYTWO(1) avantasia666(1) Tea is good(1) Baily18(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) mrbarbarian(1) PepsysSoul(1) pie(1) EmeraldTiger(1) Jenkar(1) Taffer(1) siriosirio(1) Zblader(1) zumba(1) morningstar(1) Jeep7up(1) teffy(1) TheManuz(1) Skullgasm(1) Acsabi44(1) NDeathy(1) bripod(1) Malebolgia(1) zombie0(1) Contrary(1) macgawel(1) Bonestorm(1) Jasoya(1) Demagog(1) valuka(1) cccombobreaker(1) sharkweekk(1) nco(1) cosine23(1) plastiqe(1) xdude(1) Gorthos(1) pisul(1) Gemini(1) LD_Raine(1) bobknows(1) sieglsiegl(1) Shantu(1) jawdirk(1) Absol(1) Cunning_Wish(1) THEACCUSO(1) Eddygp(1) Meruan4Nemesis(1) Encephalon Decay(2) 10 men(2) Isei(2) tyranim(2) Picheleiro(2) frlaa(2) Snopel(2) bogtro(2) coinich(2) Aves(2) moomoose(2) poperekov(2) FallenSoul(2) Cheesy111(2) Asterix3(2) The_Mormegil(3) PlayerOa(3) Jaymanfu(3) Zeru(3) suxerz(3) LongDono(3) MatrimKK(3) TStar(3) ScaredGuy(3) loadquo(3) Dogg(3) willng3(3) violenceisanart(3) YoungSot(4) jmdt(4) dracomageat(4) rowcla(4) GG(4) furballdn(4) onnig(4) Rember(4) Nepycros(5) DarknessDemon(5) ddevans96(6) Sevs(6) Pineapple(6) Marvaddin(6) Avenger(6) PuppyChow(6) bored_ninja777(6) calindu(7) ralouf(7) Elite Arbiter(7) Jangoo(7) Brontos(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Hodari(9) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) rosutosefi(10) Chapuz(10) Essence(12) darkrobe(12) Atico(15) BluePriest(27) OldTrees(40)

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg407323#msg407323
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2011, 01:54:28 am »
Of the new shards I've gotten so far, this is the one I've used extensively, and so I'll make a few comments:

Sacrifice is definitely a powerful shard, but, at least in the deck I'm using it in, it's not the complete gamebreaker I was worried it might be.  You have to be careful to time when to use it; if your health drops too low, it's a dead card, plus YOU will be dead soon after :p  Play it too early, however, and you either waste some of the potential for it, or worse, just take damage unnecessarily from it.  It also combos nicely with shard of divinity; play divinity first to get your health up to where you won't die, then drop this.

It's pretty mean in pvp; I just took it into pvp2 for the hell of it, and ended up against a firestall.  Once I had my opponent poisoned enough, I played shard of sacrifice, and there was literally nothing that the opponent could do about it.  I don't think he/she had seen the card before, because they tried to OTK me the next turn with fire lances, and it just healed me :D  (or else they knew they'd lost and decided to just give me free electrum)
Yeah, it makes me consider making a mono-death with a mark of life purely to gain the benefit of SoD. Plus, increasing your max hp means that it doesn't count against the 'healing' that your opponent can inflict you with, unlike other healing types.

Offline zombie0

• zombie0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Swagger Coach
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg409182#msg409182
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »
200 hp poison deck spammed 4 of these, had an 8 turn bubble of "haha you cant kill me  :P".  played another one just to be a git.  these stack WHY?
Zombie0 gives 110 percent whenever he's in the arena. He's a team player who delivers both offensively and defensively. He has no idea what a Quantum is.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg409437#msg409437
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2011, 04:45:08 am »
Lulz, just realized that the OP hadn't been updated with the most recent card images.  To anyone who still thought SoSa only cost 30/24 HP to use...I'm sorry for bursting your bubble :D
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg409550#msg409550
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2011, 12:23:00 pm »
Did some testing to SoSac's AI and here are the results:

I get 2 upped ghosts out. AI killed one, and didn't play SoSac.
I get 3 upped ghosts and an eternity out. AI plays SoSac.
---
I get an unupped frog out and adren it. AI doesn't care.
---
I play 3 unupped frogs, one with adren. I killed AI without him using SoSacs.
---
Now I use 2 upped frogs. AI doesn't care.
I momentum'ed one of the frogs. AI plays SoSac.
---
Now I use 2 upped frogs and a RoL. AI plays SoSac.
---
I play fahren with 36  :fire quanta. AI plays SoSac.
---
I play 5 frogs. One with adren. AI has an unupped shield. AI does not use SoSac.
---
Played 3 hammers (2 flying of course). AI does not use the SoSac.
---
I had 1 upped arsenic out. Infected AI with a total of 9 poison. AI plays SoSac
---
Now I let the AI build 6 purify counters. I bring 3 unupped abominations out. AI won't play the shard.
I use afla on one abom. After I got 8 Malignant Cells (AI still has 6 purify counters) he uses the shard.
---
I play 3 unupped aboms and antimatter one. AI doesn't play the shard.
Now I play my 4th. AI played the shard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note that AI had 200 hp so remaining HP clearly isn't the triggering factor.

Conclusion: AI starts playing SoSac when you have at least 11 damage on the field. Creatures, poison, weapons, and weapon bonuses are included. Purify is counted as opposite of poison, so you can exceed 11 damage as long as the purify counters are more than the excess damage. AI does not recognize Adrenaline bonus nor Antimatter healing. DR shields are taken into account. This means that the AI WILL die without using it if you are careful about the 10 damage max. And obviously, AI will NOT commit suicide by using it with 40|32 hp remaining.
Not so active.

Offline Elite arbiter

• Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg409594#msg409594
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2011, 02:15:32 pm »
And obviously, AI will NOT commit suicide.
False. Ai will use SoSa without considering what healing it has on the board. I played a game where it has 2 SoG's without life mark, and played SoSa to bring itself to 4 HP. Died when it ended its turn.

Offline rosutosefi

• rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg409603#msg409603
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2011, 02:40:01 pm »
And obviously, AI will NOT commit suicide.
False. Ai will use SoSa without considering what healing it has on the board. I played a game where it has 2 SoG's without life mark, and played SoSa to bring itself to 4 HP. Died when it ended its turn.
No, I meant that AI will not use it when it has less than 40 hp (32 when upped). Even if it has healing, it WILL use the shard when the stated conditions are met.
Not so active.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg409687#msg409687
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2011, 05:24:22 pm »
Conclusion: AI starts playing SoSac when you have at least 11 damage on the field. Creatures, poison, weapons, and weapon bonuses are included. Purify is counted as opposite of poison, so you can exceed 11 damage as long as the purify counters are more than the excess damage. AI does not recognize Adrenaline bonus nor Antimatter healing. DR shields are taken into account. This means that the AI WILL die without using it if you are careful about the 10 damage max. And obviously, AI will NOT commit suicide by using it with 40|32 hp remaining.
Seems that Zanzarino needs to put some more lines to the player's damage calculator code:
a) Calculate the damage with adrenaline.
b) Due antimatter, calculate max damage AND if in any moment the AI's HP will go to zero. I mean, calculate the damage the player does creature by creature in the attaking order.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg409718#msg409718
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2011, 06:34:51 pm »
Ai will cast SoSa when it haves more healing then my damage?
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg409766#msg409766
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2011, 07:46:52 pm »
is healing by the opponent supposed to damage them when you play shard of sacrifice? cause i just played a mono darkness with a bunch of vampires  on the field and i got healed but then so did my opponent by the same amount.

Offline rosutosefi

• Dead.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg410085#msg410085
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2011, 03:11:19 am »
Ai will cast SoSa when it haves more healing then my damage?
I guess so. It does not count antimatter healing, so I think it won't count SoG and Sanc healing. If it's purify healing, it won't.

is healing by the opponent supposed to damage them when you play shard of sacrifice? cause i just played a mono darkness with a bunch of vampires  on the field and i got healed but then so did my opponent by the same amount.
Yes, it's supposed to. Vampires will also damage the SoSacrifice user
Not so active.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg410448#msg410448
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2011, 06:52:19 pm »
I honestly think the shard needs to become a permanent. It'll still be overpowered, but at least there's some way to remove the effect.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline Dogg

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dogg hides under a Cloak.
  • ~Napalm's bodyguard!
  • Awards: War #3 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg410537#msg410537
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2011, 09:26:59 pm »
I honestly think the shard needs to become a permanent. It'll still be overpowered, but at least there's some way to remove the effect.
As much as i love abusing it's powers, i have to agree.
"Let me start off by saying those were the best played matches I've had this war; Dogg is pro." - jmdt
"This is gonna suck for a WAR for me, fighting off Dogg and Napalm on one team..." - icecoldbro

blarg: