*Author

Active members:
SpikeSpiegel(1) Thalas(1) omegareaper7(1) Kuroaitou(1) jmizzle7(1) Lovers(1) BloodlinE(1) Zaealix(1) Jen-i(1) 1world24(1) Onizuka(1) the dictator(1) LifeLockable(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) XYTWO(1) avantasia666(1) Tea is good(1) Baily18(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) mrbarbarian(1) PepsysSoul(1) pie(1) EmeraldTiger(1) Jenkar(1) Taffer(1) siriosirio(1) Zblader(1) zumba(1) morningstar(1) Jeep7up(1) teffy(1) TheManuz(1) Skullgasm(1) Acsabi44(1) NDeathy(1) bripod(1) Malebolgia(1) zombie0(1) Contrary(1) macgawel(1) Bonestorm(1) Jasoya(1) Demagog(1) valuka(1) cccombobreaker(1) sharkweekk(1) nco(1) cosine23(1) plastiqe(1) xdude(1) Gorthos(1) pisul(1) Gemini(1) LD_Raine(1) bobknows(1) sieglsiegl(1) Shantu(1) jawdirk(1) Absol(1) Cunning_Wish(1) THEACCUSO(1) Eddygp(1) Meruan4Nemesis(1) Encephalon Decay(2) 10 men(2) Isei(2) tyranim(2) Picheleiro(2) frlaa(2) Snopel(2) bogtro(2) coinich(2) Aves(2) moomoose(2) poperekov(2) FallenSoul(2) Cheesy111(2) Asterix3(2) The_Mormegil(3) PlayerOa(3) Jaymanfu(3) Zeru(3) suxerz(3) LongDono(3) MatrimKK(3) TStar(3) ScaredGuy(3) loadquo(3) Dogg(3) willng3(3) violenceisanart(3) YoungSot(4) jmdt(4) dracomageat(4) rowcla(4) GG(4) furballdn(4) onnig(4) Rember(4) Nepycros(5) DarknessDemon(5) ddevans96(6) Sevs(6) Pineapple(6) Marvaddin(6) Avenger(6) PuppyChow(6) bored_ninja777(6) calindu(7) ralouf(7) Elite Arbiter(7) Jangoo(7) Brontos(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Hodari(9) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) rosutosefi(10) Chapuz(10) Essence(12) darkrobe(12) Atico(15) BluePriest(27) OldTrees(40)

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg383054#msg383054
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2011, 10:50:31 am »
That would heal both you and your enemy.
Not so active.

suxerz

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg383060#msg383060
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2011, 12:18:01 pm »
Soooo, SoS+Nova+PA+Mirror Shield.  Problem solved.
Mirror Shield doesn't reflect Holy Light. And even so there's other counters, such as Antimatter.

EDIT: At least not in trainer. Although, the word 'reflect' does show up when I target the AI, but it doesn't actually reflect. However, when I target myself or the AI targets itself, no word appears.
Yep, Mirror Shield doesn't reflect Holy Light. Though I believe it was some months (or year) ago. I remember there was a time when the AI's stupidity of making this mistake was pretty common.

EDIT: Found a thread about the bug (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,3705.0.html).

Ahem. So... drain life + mirror shield?
Nope. Just to elaborate on what light_sefi said. Let say both you and your opponent have mirror shield equipped. If you target yourself with drain life, you will inflict damage to the opponent; which will be inverted to heal because of SoS. At the same time you gain the respective amount of HP (like light_sefi said - it will heal both you and your opponent).  But if you target the opponent when he has mirror shield, nothing will happen - it's the same as targeting yourself with drain life without mirror shield.

Assuming that the mechanic will stay the same once it's live (all damage inverted to heal and vice versa) regardless of any nerfing/changes, I really hope that the AI behaviour towards this card will be coded sufficiently. i.e. minimize or stop rushing while this card in play or at least use AM/LS differently and prioritize PC to this card over everything else (note: Hourglass & Eternity).

PuppyChow

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg390070#msg390070
« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2011, 01:32:56 am »
While I like the whole idea of a new shard per element, this card will probably need some balancing.

About my main point though, am I the only one that doesn't like SoG/SoD/SoR moved to particular elements? Especially if they cost quanta, it would make so many decks unviable. Tons of FG decks (to my knowledge) rely on SoG and making them require life quanta would be a big negative. SoD/SoR aren't used very much as is, so why nerf them to a specific element? (Well, with SoD, the only PvP viable deck I really use them in uses only light quanta, but that don't count...).

So many decks that AREN'T too powerful, but more for fun, rely on SoG for stalling and making SoG cost life quanta completely screws them. Even those that are competitively viable and utilize SoG aren't that bad. One last thing: Shard of Gratitude doesn't make much sense as a name for a life element card IMO.

Just my two cents.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg390074#msg390074
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2011, 01:38:26 am »
While I like the whole idea of a new shard per element, this card will probably need some balancing.

About my main point though, am I the only one that doesn't like SoG/SoD/SoR moved to particular elements? Especially if they cost quanta, it would make so many decks unviable. Tons of FG decks (to my knowledge) rely on SoG and making them require life quanta would be a big negative. SoD/SoR aren't used very much as is, so why nerf them to a specific element? (Well, with SoD, the only PvP viable deck I really use them in uses only light quanta, but that don't count...).

So many decks that AREN'T too powerful, but more for fun, rely on SoG for stalling and making SoG cost life quanta completely screws them. Even those that are competitively viable and utilize SoG aren't that bad. One last thing: Shard of Gratitude doesn't make much sense as a name for a life element card IMO.

Just my two cents.
its puppychow!!!!
*ahem, regains composure*
They will still be other for cost, however, they will be more powerful for their specific element.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

PuppyChow

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg390089#msg390089
« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2011, 01:51:49 am »

Just my two cents.
its puppychow!!!!
*ahem, regains composure*
They will still be other for cost, however, they will be more powerful for their specific element.
In that case, scratch that whole post. Carry on  ::) .

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg390218#msg390218
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2011, 11:29:39 am »
That'd be a good smack in the face if it got blown up 0.o lol
I like the idea of this card

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg395377#msg395377
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2011, 06:24:49 am »

New images from Beta.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg395405#msg395405
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2011, 07:34:36 am »
8hp is a pretty small sacrifice for such power :)  Maybe a more significant sacrifice like "you are silenced for those two turns" or "your opponent cannot lose hp for 2 turns" would be more appropriate?

Offline ScaredGuy

• Reputation Power: 0
  • ScaredGuy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not to be confused with Selena Gomez
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg395551#msg395551
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2011, 02:13:19 pm »
Maybe it could halve your HP and last for 3 turns instead? That seems more fair and seems like it would fit the theme of  :death.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg395560#msg395560
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2011, 02:22:46 pm »
Each turn of SoS slows down the opponent's win condition by 2 turns.
Dimensional Shield only slows it down for 3 turns.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ScaredGuy

• Reputation Power: 0
  • ScaredGuy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not to be confused with Selena Gomez
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg395564#msg395564
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2011, 02:24:50 pm »
Good point OldTrees, I didn't think of that. Having your HP halved and making it last 2 turns seems pretty fair though.

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg395582#msg395582
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2011, 02:57:24 pm »
not really.  As it is now, there is no way to neutralize this shard effect, so unless the opponent is putting out very little damage, you can very easily regain that HP sacrificed.  You'd have to sacrifice enough so that you aren't guaranteed to regain that all back.

blarg: