*Author

Active members:
SpikeSpiegel(1) Thalas(1) omegareaper7(1) Kuroaitou(1) jmizzle7(1) Lovers(1) BloodlinE(1) Zaealix(1) Jen-i(1) 1world24(1) Onizuka(1) the dictator(1) LifeLockable(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) XYTWO(1) avantasia666(1) Tea is good(1) Baily18(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) mrbarbarian(1) PepsysSoul(1) pie(1) EmeraldTiger(1) Jenkar(1) Taffer(1) siriosirio(1) Zblader(1) zumba(1) morningstar(1) Jeep7up(1) teffy(1) TheManuz(1) Skullgasm(1) Acsabi44(1) NDeathy(1) bripod(1) Malebolgia(1) zombie0(1) Contrary(1) macgawel(1) Bonestorm(1) Jasoya(1) Demagog(1) valuka(1) cccombobreaker(1) sharkweekk(1) nco(1) cosine23(1) plastiqe(1) xdude(1) Gorthos(1) pisul(1) Gemini(1) LD_Raine(1) bobknows(1) sieglsiegl(1) Shantu(1) jawdirk(1) Absol(1) Cunning_Wish(1) THEACCUSO(1) Eddygp(1) Meruan4Nemesis(1) Encephalon Decay(2) 10 men(2) Isei(2) tyranim(2) Picheleiro(2) frlaa(2) Snopel(2) bogtro(2) coinich(2) Aves(2) moomoose(2) poperekov(2) FallenSoul(2) Cheesy111(2) Asterix3(2) The_Mormegil(3) PlayerOa(3) Jaymanfu(3) Zeru(3) suxerz(3) LongDono(3) MatrimKK(3) TStar(3) ScaredGuy(3) loadquo(3) Dogg(3) willng3(3) violenceisanart(3) YoungSot(4) jmdt(4) dracomageat(4) rowcla(4) GG(4) furballdn(4) onnig(4) Rember(4) Nepycros(5) DarknessDemon(5) ddevans96(6) Sevs(6) Pineapple(6) Marvaddin(6) Avenger(6) PuppyChow(6) bored_ninja777(6) calindu(7) ralouf(7) Elite Arbiter(7) Jangoo(7) Brontos(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Hodari(9) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) rosutosefi(10) Chapuz(10) Essence(12) darkrobe(12) Atico(15) BluePriest(27) OldTrees(40)

Offline rowcla

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • poni poni poni poni
Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg417908#msg417908
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2011, 12:16:18 pm »
48/40 doesn't solve problem with this card... Ability should be changed, not cost.
Using sacrifice when You have 50HP doesn't looks well-considered
I agree, I havent had much experience with it however i can see that just constantly increasing the health lost isnt the way to go...

though it would be funny to see it bumped to 99 health lost...

on a final note, how about making it a perm again, then you can buff it a bit obviously...
Poni? Poni poni poni!

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg417926#msg417926
« Reply #337 on: October 30, 2011, 01:42:07 pm »
48/40 doesn't solve problem with this card... Ability should be changed, not cost.
I agree, I havent had much experience with it however i can see that just constantly increasing the health lost isnt the way to go...

on a final note, how about making it a perm again, then you can buff it a bit obviously...
This should only be the case once more soft PC control is put into the game, so that it doesn't become a case of "Its counterable... long as you're one of the 'cool' elements."

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg417964#msg417964
« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2011, 03:10:29 pm »

This should only be the case once more soft PC control is put into the game, so that it doesn't become a case of "Its counterable... long as you're one of the 'cool' elements."
Problem is also with ability, because a lot of weaker players don't understand what this card do (they see it first time). Earlier I told about "bug" with using 2 SoS at once (then we should have -32 HP + 32HP, instead -32 HP - 32 HP). Second problem is with ability text "swap damage into healing" - is it works for everyone or only for player which use card? Sundial works for everyone... I know that it works for player, because I read board and have this card. But someone who plays first time against it can have problems with understand...

And maybe here we can find good nerf for card - it should works for both players! (of course cost will be lower, maybe 8-10 HP or 0HP). Then it will be really against rush (You have less attack so You can less heal opponent).
This would be perfectly balanced. OTK will be here impossible, because of losing all quantum.

valuka

Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg418012#msg418012
« Reply #339 on: October 30, 2011, 04:44:22 pm »
Upped Sosa's Hp cost now 40 (don't know how much is the unupped ), and the AI don't plays creatures when SoSa effect is in play.

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg418013#msg418013
« Reply #340 on: October 30, 2011, 04:47:01 pm »
 would anyone consider shard of the void a counter to shard of sacrifice?, since technically it is reducing max health, you would be doing damage even when you are healing them.

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg418015#msg418015
« Reply #341 on: October 30, 2011, 04:47:42 pm »
Upped Sosa's Hp cost now 40 (don't know how much is the unupped ), and the AI don't plays creatures when SoSa effect is in play.
im pretty sure its 48. read earlier in this post

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg418079#msg418079
« Reply #342 on: October 30, 2011, 06:58:33 pm »
The ability does not need to be changed. Adjusting the cost changes the minimum damage per turn threshold that this is useful. If we look at two ridiculous minimum damage per turn thresholds (0 or 100) we can see that a 0 damage per turn minimum threshold would be OP but a 100 damage per turn minimum threshold would be UP. By definition any continuous function that goes from OP to UP will have at least 1 point where it is Balanced.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

PuppyChow

Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg418110#msg418110
« Reply #343 on: October 30, 2011, 07:57:45 pm »
The break even point is now 10 damage per turn, right? If the opponent has 10 damage per turn, then once the SoS's effect is over you will have the same exact health you would have had if you hadn't played it. It starts blocking damage at 11 per turn, but at that point it is hardly worth its cost unless you're a mono death. It really only starts getting useful once its at around 15 damage per turn, when you save 20 health overall (you get a net 10 instead of net 30 done to you). But you can't start chaining them until the opponent has 20 damage per turn, right?

I'm not seeing this card being as good anymore. To be able to chain them your opponent needs to have 20+ damage on the field before you get down to 40 health. Won't happen very often and at that point its cost isn't worth it; even if those conditions are satisfied, it's just 12 turns where you won't be playing much either unless you're mono death. Not saying its underpowered, but now rather than being a great card that could be used to help decks that normally wouldn't be viable viable, it's now a bit more limited. Oh well.

With 32 damage done the threshold was 16 damage before 32 health left, which happens much more often than 20 damage before 40 health left. I'd say 36 damage would be a happy medium but at that point its splitting hairs I suppose. It's still a good card. Just won't be *as* good.

loadquo

Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg418114#msg418114
« Reply #344 on: October 30, 2011, 08:03:42 pm »
I just lost to Girlsgeneration's deck. She's playing SoSac and poisons in platinium.
I got a death card, so I built one too, and trained against it with different decks (with Purify). Lost 100%. So far, I have 3/0 today, I'm sure I'll have good results.

Can you post a deck list? I'm thinking a fire water duo with steam machines (let them run out of steam while the sacs are up) purifies, rage pots and explosions wouldn't be too bad. I'd like to experiment.

Something like:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7dm 7dm 7dm 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7gp 7gp 7gq 7gq 7gq 7h2 7h2 7h2 7h2 7h2 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 8po

Use rage pots on creatures to control them or on your steam machines to give a burst of damage near the end if he lets the sosac run out because you have low damage. May have a problem with bone walls. Needs more work. But you get the idea.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg418148#msg418148
« Reply #345 on: October 30, 2011, 08:51:44 pm »
The break even point is now 10 damage per turn, right? If the opponent has 10 damage per turn, then once the SoS's effect is over you will have the same exact health you would have had if you hadn't played it. It starts blocking damage at 11 per turn, but at that point it is hardly worth its cost unless you're a mono death. It really only starts getting useful once its at around 15 damage per turn, when you save 20 health overall (you get a net 10 instead of net 30 done to you). But you can't start chaining them until the opponent has 20 damage per turn, right?

I'm not seeing this card being as good anymore. To be able to chain them your opponent needs to have 20+ damage on the field before you get down to 40 health. Won't happen very often and at that point its cost isn't worth it; even if those conditions are satisfied, it's just 12 turns where you won't be playing much either unless you're mono death. Not saying its underpowered, but now rather than being a great card that could be used to help decks that normally wouldn't be viable viable, it's now a bit more limited. Oh well.

With 32 damage done the threshold was 16 damage before 32 health left, which happens much more often than 20 damage before 40 health left. I'd say 36 damage would be a happy medium but at that point its splitting hairs I suppose. It's still a good card. Just won't be *as* good.
Break even at 12|10 damage per turn. Thus it will be played at 13|11 damage per turn. At 13|11 damage per turn (4hp healing per SoSac) it is slightly less efficient than Heal or Holy Light.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg418170#msg418170
« Reply #346 on: October 30, 2011, 09:09:05 pm »
The ability does not need to be changed. Adjusting the cost changes the minimum damage per turn threshold that this is useful. If we look at two ridiculous minimum damage per turn thresholds (0 or 100) we can see that a 0 damage per turn minimum threshold would be OP but a 100 damage per turn minimum threshold would be UP. By definition any continuous function that goes from OP to UP will have at least 1 point where it is Balanced.
I don't know why You defend this card ;)
This card costed 12/8 (or something like this), 32/24, 40/32, 48/40... We still change cost, so it is sign that something goes wrong with this card. I don't remember more changes with other card. Cost is 4x higher than earier (with the same ability), it is absolutely record. It is like changing cost of Mitosis from 4 to 16  :life ;)
Is losing 48 HP a good against rush decks? Absolutely no. Higher HP cost SoS= less power against rush. Sorry, I don't understand this idea now. My idea with swapping damage into healing for both players (without losing 48HP) is much better against rush. Shields aslo can do more and faster (against rush). I never used this card against rush. Never. I use it when I see that this card can give me 2-3 turns and I can end game.

But if all this arguments aren't so good for You, then look on Leaderboard in Platinum. Girlsgeneration's deck with SoS has got >200 points more than 2nd player.
What is more - I have no idea how beat this deck. You probably say that I must hold 6 HolyFlash ;)

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice | Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg418190#msg418190
« Reply #347 on: October 30, 2011, 09:33:31 pm »
But if all this arguments aren't so good for You, then look on Leaderboard in Platinum. Girlsgeneration's deck with SoS has got >200 points more than 2nd player.
What is more - I have no idea how beat this deck. You probably say that I must hold 6 HolyFlash ;)
500 HP EM stallout deck? Perhaps with some way to splash in purifies? That might honestly start becoming really cost-effective if Death Stall becomes 'that' effective.

anything
blarg: loadquo