*Author

Active members:
SpikeSpiegel(1) Thalas(1) omegareaper7(1) Kuroaitou(1) jmizzle7(1) Lovers(1) BloodlinE(1) Zaealix(1) Jen-i(1) 1world24(1) Onizuka(1) the dictator(1) LifeLockable(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) XYTWO(1) avantasia666(1) Tea is good(1) Baily18(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) mrbarbarian(1) PepsysSoul(1) pie(1) EmeraldTiger(1) Jenkar(1) Taffer(1) siriosirio(1) Zblader(1) zumba(1) morningstar(1) Jeep7up(1) teffy(1) TheManuz(1) Skullgasm(1) Acsabi44(1) NDeathy(1) bripod(1) Malebolgia(1) zombie0(1) Contrary(1) macgawel(1) Bonestorm(1) Jasoya(1) Demagog(1) valuka(1) cccombobreaker(1) sharkweekk(1) nco(1) cosine23(1) plastiqe(1) xdude(1) Gorthos(1) pisul(1) Gemini(1) LD_Raine(1) bobknows(1) sieglsiegl(1) Shantu(1) jawdirk(1) Absol(1) Cunning_Wish(1) THEACCUSO(1) Eddygp(1) Meruan4Nemesis(1) Encephalon Decay(2) 10 men(2) Isei(2) tyranim(2) Picheleiro(2) frlaa(2) Snopel(2) bogtro(2) coinich(2) Aves(2) moomoose(2) poperekov(2) FallenSoul(2) Cheesy111(2) Asterix3(2) The_Mormegil(3) PlayerOa(3) Jaymanfu(3) Zeru(3) suxerz(3) LongDono(3) MatrimKK(3) TStar(3) ScaredGuy(3) loadquo(3) Dogg(3) willng3(3) violenceisanart(3) YoungSot(4) jmdt(4) dracomageat(4) rowcla(4) GG(4) furballdn(4) onnig(4) Rember(4) Nepycros(5) DarknessDemon(5) ddevans96(6) Sevs(6) Pineapple(6) Marvaddin(6) Avenger(6) PuppyChow(6) bored_ninja777(6) calindu(7) ralouf(7) Elite Arbiter(7) Jangoo(7) Brontos(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Hodari(9) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) rosutosefi(10) Chapuz(10) Essence(12) darkrobe(12) Atico(15) BluePriest(27) OldTrees(40)

Offline Jangoo

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415178#msg415178
« Reply #300 on: October 24, 2011, 01:56:32 pm »

This being a death-card the synergy with poison is amazing:

Spam poison -> spam SoSas -> wait until win   :))

And, at least as long as it costs water- and not random quanta, "pack a purify" can't be the only answer to that.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415247#msg415247
« Reply #301 on: October 24, 2011, 05:38:58 pm »

And, at least as long as it costs water- and not random quanta, "pack a purify" can't be the only answer to that.
10 damage per turn then final blow.
11 damage per turn then unleash offense.
Healing/Regeneration
SoV then final blow.
The answers exist. The question is if the answers are sufficiently efficient. That will not be observable until people start recognizing and using the obvious first 2 strategies.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415528#msg415528
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2011, 10:50:05 am »
Silence is also a solution but all those cards aren't really played and SoSac isn't fun at all..
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Brontos

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415537#msg415537
« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2011, 11:30:59 am »
We shall see the rise of the Shard of Patience!

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415554#msg415554
« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2011, 12:50:10 pm »
i think this should see the inspiration of cards that delay and augment damage. (shameless plug for the card im working on)

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415597#msg415597
« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2011, 03:08:40 pm »

10 damage per turn then final blow.
11 damage per turn then unleash offense.
Healing/Regeneration
SoV then final blow.
The answers exist. The question is if the answers are sufficiently efficient. That will not be observable until people start recognizing and using the obvious first 2 strategies.
Correction: that will not be observable until people start PvPing with the shards (which will take a while for new shards are tough to get) and THEN realize the first 2 strategies. As it is, shards are used for farming, and the AI cannot know if the opponent has SoSas or not and will probably never be smart enough to get around it.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415608#msg415608
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2011, 03:55:48 pm »
I don't like situation when someone say "Use HolyFlash and win against SoS". Hands up who has got HolyFlash in deck? No one?
All counters aren't method to protect SoS against nerf. This card is OP. Big OP. What is more - HF isn't a counter. It is normal card which works also against SoS (and You haven't got 100% assurance that You kill opponent with HF, because he can have >10HP). Real counter for example against PC is Explosion. It works perfectly against ALL elements and 90% Permaments. HolyFlash isn't a counter.
Sacrifice should be sacrifice. If player don't win in 2 turns when is protected, he should lose game. Now player after 2 turns is in better situation (has got often more HP) than before using SoS.

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415630#msg415630
« Reply #307 on: October 25, 2011, 04:46:13 pm »
I don't like situation when someone say "Use HolyFlash and win against SoS". Hands up who has got HolyFlash in deck? No one?
All counters aren't method to protect SoS against nerf. This card is OP. Big OP. What is more - HF isn't a counter. It is normal card which works also against SoS (and You haven't got 100% assurance that You kill opponent with HF, because he can have >10HP). Real counter for example against PC is Explosion. It works perfectly against ALL elements and 90% Permaments. HolyFlash isn't a counter.
Sacrifice should be sacrifice. If player don't win in 2 turns when is protected, he should lose game. Now player after 2 turns is in better situation (has got often more HP) than before using SoS.
*raises hand*
Actually, Zanz made SoSac for stalls. It's intended to be a rush-breaker, so if a change is needed, it needs to be some other thing. Maybe like 3 random quanta casting cost?
Not so active.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415645#msg415645
« Reply #308 on: October 25, 2011, 05:23:12 pm »
All counters aren't method to protect SoS against nerf. This card is OP. Big OP.
Please make your case for why and how it is OP.
Please make your case for why the counters I listed are not valid considerations.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415659#msg415659
« Reply #309 on: October 25, 2011, 05:52:56 pm »
All counters aren't method to protect SoS against nerf. This card is OP. Big OP.
Please make your case for why the counters I listed are not valid considerations.
Counter should really be counter. When I have 60HP and use SoS then I have 28HP. How do You counter now? This counter really works when You have <10HP. What is more, counter should be better/or cheaper than card with ability. Explosion is a good counter, because it is often chaper than permament and works in 90% games. Holy Flash is VERY situational card and it is so weak. Buff HolyFlash and then we can talk that it is counter.
I personaly think, that Heal, Miracle etc. should be also use on opponent. Then it will be normal counter, not only situational.

Why it is OP? Play random game in Arena against 12 SoS and You will see ;) 12 SoS means 24 turns without damage (and with healing!).
I can easily compare it with Aether Shield:
DS is targetable by popular cards like Explosion, Steal etc., SoS no.
DS can be avoid by gravity cards, SoS is nearly impossible to avoid (ohh, sorry, You can use Shard of Patience, but everything You do You still lose 2 turns ;) ).
DS cost 6/5  :aether, SoS cost nothing for Death Decks. Personally I think that it is easier to use SoS than DS.
DS works 3 turns, SoS works 2 but it is really 3-4 because of healing.
You can use DS only when You have  :aether quantum, SoS can use everyone.

We can also compare this Shard with other Shards. SoS is probably the most powerful shard (or card!) in game. Making SoS more expensive (3-5  :rainbow) didn't solve problem, because ability of this card is powerful.

I think that first concept with this card was better (You have 1HP). Remove healing, stand with 1HP after use SoS and then this card has got sense. It will be used also when You have 5HP, but when You didn't win in 2 turns You lose game. For me it is better and more fair.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415665#msg415665
« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2011, 06:15:16 pm »
Counter should really be counter. When I have 60HP and use SoS then I have 28HP. How do You counter now? This counter really works when You have <10HP. What is more, counter should be better/or cheaper than card with ability. Explosion is a good counter, because it is often chaper than permament and works in 90% games. Holy Flash is VERY situational card and it is so weak. Buff HolyFlash and then we can talk that it is counter.
I personaly think, that Heal, Miracle etc. should be also use on opponent. Then it will be normal counter, not only situational.

Why it is OP? Play random game in Arena against 12 SoS and You will see ;) 12 SoS means 24 turns without damage (and with healing!).
I can easily compare it with Aether Shield:
DS is targetable by popular cards like Explosion, Steal etc., SoS no.
DS can be avoid by gravity cards, SoS is nearly impossible to avoid (ohh, sorry, You can use Shard of Patience, but everything You do You still lose 2 turns ;) ).
DS cost 6/5  :aether, SoS cost nothing for Death Decks. Personally I think that it is easier to use SoS than DS.
DS works 3 turns, SoS works 2 but it is really 3-4 because of healing.
You can use DS only when You have  :aether quantum, SoS can use everyone.

We can also compare this Shard with other Shards. SoS is probably the most powerful shard (or card!) in game. Making SoS more expensive (3-5  :rainbow) didn't solve problem, because ability of this card is powerful.

I think that first concept with this card was better (You have 1HP). Remove healing, stand with 1HP after use SoS and then this card has got sense. It will be used also when You have 5HP, but when You didn't win in 2 turns You lose game. For me it is better and more fair.
Please answer my second question. You failed to mention anything remotely resembling the counters I mentioned.

I have easily beat 12 SoS 200 hp decks. My counters have worked for me. Can you see why?
1) Avoid SoS by using 10|8 damage per turn. Then use a final blow.
2) Use 11|9 damage per turn causing each SoS to only heal 4hp. Then unload.
3) Stall (Healing, Regeneration and SoV are useful here). Seriously stalling is the most obvious of all counters against an AntiRush card.

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415675#msg415675
« Reply #311 on: October 25, 2011, 06:51:40 pm »
So do You think that this card is perfectly balanced and it is same good as SoD and we wrote a lot of pages here about nothing? ;) For me counter SoD, SoG is much easier than SoS.

You need very good stall to survive 24 turns...

anything
blarg: