*Author

Active members:
SpikeSpiegel(1) Thalas(1) omegareaper7(1) Kuroaitou(1) jmizzle7(1) Lovers(1) BloodlinE(1) Zaealix(1) Jen-i(1) 1world24(1) Onizuka(1) the dictator(1) LifeLockable(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) XYTWO(1) avantasia666(1) Tea is good(1) Baily18(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) mrbarbarian(1) PepsysSoul(1) pie(1) EmeraldTiger(1) Jenkar(1) Taffer(1) siriosirio(1) Zblader(1) zumba(1) morningstar(1) Jeep7up(1) teffy(1) TheManuz(1) Skullgasm(1) Acsabi44(1) NDeathy(1) bripod(1) Malebolgia(1) zombie0(1) Contrary(1) macgawel(1) Bonestorm(1) Jasoya(1) Demagog(1) valuka(1) cccombobreaker(1) sharkweekk(1) nco(1) cosine23(1) plastiqe(1) xdude(1) Gorthos(1) pisul(1) Gemini(1) LD_Raine(1) bobknows(1) sieglsiegl(1) Shantu(1) jawdirk(1) Absol(1) Cunning_Wish(1) THEACCUSO(1) Eddygp(1) Meruan4Nemesis(1) Encephalon Decay(2) 10 men(2) Isei(2) tyranim(2) Picheleiro(2) frlaa(2) Snopel(2) bogtro(2) coinich(2) Aves(2) moomoose(2) poperekov(2) FallenSoul(2) Cheesy111(2) Asterix3(2) The_Mormegil(3) PlayerOa(3) Jaymanfu(3) Zeru(3) suxerz(3) LongDono(3) MatrimKK(3) TStar(3) ScaredGuy(3) loadquo(3) Dogg(3) willng3(3) violenceisanart(3) YoungSot(4) jmdt(4) dracomageat(4) rowcla(4) GG(4) furballdn(4) onnig(4) Rember(4) Nepycros(5) DarknessDemon(5) ddevans96(6) Sevs(6) Pineapple(6) Marvaddin(6) Avenger(6) PuppyChow(6) bored_ninja777(6) calindu(7) ralouf(7) Elite Arbiter(7) Jangoo(7) Brontos(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Hodari(9) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) rosutosefi(10) Chapuz(10) Essence(12) darkrobe(12) Atico(15) BluePriest(27) OldTrees(40)

Rember

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412453#msg412453
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2011, 11:00:07 am »
Holy Light isn't even too viable a card 'here', because a lot of the marks used by SoSa users will probably be Death due to going mono-death to avoid the quanta drain.
Holy Light heals no matter what your mark is. Also I've yet to see/use a SoSa deck with death mark and I've been using SoSa decks pretty much exclusively lately.

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412457#msg412457
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2011, 11:22:23 am »
Holy Light isn't even too viable a card 'here', because a lot of the marks used by SoSa users will probably be Death due to going mono-death to avoid the quanta drain.
Holy Light heals no matter what your mark is. Also I've yet to see/use a SoSa deck with death mark and I've been using SoSa decks pretty much exclusively lately.
agreed. i actually run a light mark to take advantage of the synergy between shard of divinty and shard of sacrifice.

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412525#msg412525
« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2011, 02:16:46 pm »
Granted the Light Mark to exclusively gain the benefit of sundials and SoD's is possible, I usually think of pure mono-death. Although all kinds of variants are popping up.

I meant using the holy light 'against' an opponent. I was pretty sure that Holy Light hurt people with Dark/Death mark unless that changed, which would make it heal again. I haven't actually paid attention to that specific card in a while so it very well may have.

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412610#msg412610
« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2011, 07:08:27 pm »
Granted the Light Mark to exclusively gain the benefit of sundials and SoD's is possible, I usually think of pure mono-death. Although all kinds of variants are popping up.

I meant using the holy light 'against' an opponent. I was pretty sure that Holy Light hurt people with Dark/Death mark unless that changed, which would make it heal again. I haven't actually paid attention to that specific card in a while so it very well may have.
Does indeed heal regardless of mark.

Offline Dogg

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dogg hides under a Cloak.
  • ~Napalm's bodyguard!
  • Awards: War #3 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412681#msg412681
« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2011, 10:10:57 pm »

Does indeed heal regardless of mark.
Was like this for over a year now, actually. I still remember making a mistake back then, wanting to damage my opponent.
"Let me start off by saying those were the best played matches I've had this war; Dogg is pro." - jmdt
"This is gonna suck for a WAR for me, fighting off Dogg and Napalm on one team..." - icecoldbro

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412683#msg412683
« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2011, 10:15:56 pm »
I got another strategy anti SoSa: Flying eternitys + SoR!
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Jasoya

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg414487#msg414487
« Reply #294 on: October 23, 2011, 12:10:50 am »
One thing that makes this card buffed is that the turns of healing after cast can be cumulative (EX. so your are back up to a 100hp by using one SOS with 3 SOSs left in your hand you can cast all 3 and your healing from damage any form of damage (including poison) will last 6 more turns)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg414648#msg414648
« Reply #295 on: October 23, 2011, 06:47:59 am »
One thing that makes this card buffed is that the turns of healing after cast can be cumulative (EX. so your are back up to a 100hp by using one SOS with 3 SOSs left in your hand you can cast all 3 and your healing from damage any form of damage (including poison) will last 6 more turns)
This is true, but I find that in almost all cases, it is better not to stack SoSas like that.  What I do is play them one at a time, and then after the 2 turns of healing, I can usually take another round or two of attacks before needing to put up another SoSa.  This gives me a couple turns in which I survive without needing to play one, rather than spamming 2-3 of them and sitting at 100hp for the last several turns, and thus makes your SoSa chain last longer, by not having some of the turns be 'wasted' while at full hp.

One major exception to the rule above is if you need to play a card to prevent discarding.  Another important exception is timing them in order to get an EM win, and sometimes that means playing one when you wouldn't ordinarily.

Offline Jangoo

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg414787#msg414787
« Reply #296 on: October 23, 2011, 02:38:12 pm »

Oh wow, you can stack this card?! It's getting better by the day.  ^-^

With stacking, for a FG-deck, this can probably replace the SoGs easily:

Play one stack early on when you can' take anymore damage
(main-funtion of SoGs: stay alive early on)
Play another stack in late game to get that EM
(secondary function of SoGs: creep up to 100HPs behind your phaseshields again, just that you don't even need the phase-shields anymore  :)))

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415139#msg415139
« Reply #297 on: October 24, 2011, 11:10:27 am »
Can't wait to see this card nerfed.  It's taken the challenge out of the few hard FGs (Rainbow/Hermes/Graviton) and it's making Arena into a joke.  It desperately needs to be rebalanced.
Carpe Diem!!

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415143#msg415143
« Reply #298 on: October 24, 2011, 11:18:52 am »
Totally agree I think that the card needs to be totally changed
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg415151#msg415151
« Reply #299 on: October 24, 2011, 12:13:28 pm »
I agree, a lot of people uses this card in pvp2, it's annoying.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

anything
blarg: