*Author

Active members:
SpikeSpiegel(1) Thalas(1) omegareaper7(1) Kuroaitou(1) jmizzle7(1) Lovers(1) BloodlinE(1) Zaealix(1) Jen-i(1) 1world24(1) Onizuka(1) the dictator(1) LifeLockable(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) XYTWO(1) avantasia666(1) Tea is good(1) Baily18(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) mrbarbarian(1) PepsysSoul(1) pie(1) EmeraldTiger(1) Jenkar(1) Taffer(1) siriosirio(1) Zblader(1) zumba(1) morningstar(1) Jeep7up(1) teffy(1) TheManuz(1) Skullgasm(1) Acsabi44(1) NDeathy(1) bripod(1) Malebolgia(1) zombie0(1) Contrary(1) macgawel(1) Bonestorm(1) Jasoya(1) Demagog(1) valuka(1) cccombobreaker(1) sharkweekk(1) nco(1) cosine23(1) plastiqe(1) xdude(1) Gorthos(1) pisul(1) Gemini(1) LD_Raine(1) bobknows(1) sieglsiegl(1) Shantu(1) jawdirk(1) Absol(1) Cunning_Wish(1) THEACCUSO(1) Eddygp(1) Meruan4Nemesis(1) Encephalon Decay(2) 10 men(2) Isei(2) tyranim(2) Picheleiro(2) frlaa(2) Snopel(2) bogtro(2) coinich(2) Aves(2) moomoose(2) poperekov(2) FallenSoul(2) Cheesy111(2) Asterix3(2) The_Mormegil(3) PlayerOa(3) Jaymanfu(3) Zeru(3) suxerz(3) LongDono(3) MatrimKK(3) TStar(3) ScaredGuy(3) loadquo(3) Dogg(3) willng3(3) violenceisanart(3) YoungSot(4) jmdt(4) dracomageat(4) rowcla(4) GG(4) furballdn(4) onnig(4) Rember(4) Nepycros(5) DarknessDemon(5) ddevans96(6) Sevs(6) Pineapple(6) Marvaddin(6) Avenger(6) PuppyChow(6) bored_ninja777(6) calindu(7) ralouf(7) Elite Arbiter(7) Jangoo(7) Brontos(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Hodari(9) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) rosutosefi(10) Chapuz(10) Essence(12) darkrobe(12) Atico(15) BluePriest(27) OldTrees(40)

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412024#msg412024
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2011, 05:34:25 pm »
How are you supposed to counter this? I believe it should be only physical damage, which would make spell damage a decent counter here.
Strategy 1: Field only 10|8 damage per turn so they won't play SoS. Then unload for the final blow. (Bolts, Fractal and OTKs are good supplements.)

Strategy 2: Field only 11|9 damage per turn so they use up their SoSs. Then unload your offense to reclaim the lead.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline onnig

• Reputation Power: 1
  • onnig is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412040#msg412040
« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »
How are you supposed to counter this? I believe it should be only physical damage, which would make spell damage a decent counter here.
Strategy 1: Field only 10|8 damage per turn so they won't play SoS. Then unload for the final blow. (Bolts, Fractal and OTKs are good supplements.)

Strategy 2: Field only 11|9 damage per turn so they use up their SoSs. Then unload your offense to reclaim the lead.
Yeah, I had kind of figured that out. The only problem I see with this card is in arenas where it can be abused. The first time I encountered it, the AI played 7 shards over 3 turns, which was bit frustrating when it happened.

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412056#msg412056
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2011, 07:01:10 pm »

strategy 3: they play SoS. you play sundials for the next two turns. then continue on beating on them.

Strategy 4: ai plays shard of sacrifice and is left with less than ten health. you kill them with holy light.

to summarize what i already said. and i appreciate your strategy 1 and 2, but that sort of assumes you know how many shard of sacrifices they have. you play them in the arena they could have 12 SoS. If they dont have SoS you want to play all your creatures and kill them fast. But if they do you want to follow strategy 1, problem is you wont know to use strategy 1 until they have already started playing SoS.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412116#msg412116
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2011, 09:28:19 pm »

strategy 3: they play SoS. you play sundials for the next two turns. then continue on beating on them.

Strategy 4: ai plays shard of sacrifice and is left with less than ten health. you kill them with holy light.

to summarize what i already said. and i appreciate your strategy 1 and 2, but that sort of assumes you know how many shard of sacrifices they have. you play them in the arena they could have 12 SoS. If they dont have SoS you want to play all your creatures and kill them fast. But if they do you want to follow strategy 1, problem is you wont know to use strategy 1 until they have already started playing SoS.
Good point: Both of my strategies assume you are trying to predict/read the opponent and not alter your deck.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline macgawel

• macgawel is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412156#msg412156
« Reply #280 on: October 18, 2011, 10:42:29 pm »

Strategy 5 : AM your creatures ?

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412174#msg412174
« Reply #281 on: October 18, 2011, 11:12:54 pm »
Only realistic with a preferably quinted Entropy Nymph on your field, unless you're using the 'I only need 3-7 hp to kill him and thus am using anti-matter in place of holy flash' logic.

Offline onnig

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412305#msg412305
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2011, 03:12:43 am »
Wouldn't the card be more manageable if the sacrifice damage was a % of max hp instead of a flat amount? This is mainly for arena decks. The current numbers are fine for a 100 HP, but it's a whole different thing IMO when you start with 200 HP at turn 1 and have 12 SoSa in your deck. Not sure if the numbers should be slightly reduced if they become % of max health.

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412317#msg412317
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2011, 03:26:45 am »
One of the main problems is that there is there is no card that has the intention/drawback of healing your opponent (except maybe holy light, and that's debatable).  Things like AMing your own creature, sundialing to purposely stop your creatures, etc. are normally what your don't do, so they can't really count as viable counters.  You need cards such as a creature that starts with negative attack as an additional drawback for a powerful effect, or a powerful spell/permanent that has a drawback of healing your opponent when played.  These cards would be played with the knowledge that they have these drawbacks, so they would count as viable counters to SoSa.

Edit:

Oh and technically SoP would be an example of such a card.  It is a weaker effect, however, so it being the only such example makes SoSa still look powerful.

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412322#msg412322
« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2011, 03:56:10 am »
Wouldn't the card be more manageable if the sacrifice damage was a % of max hp instead of a flat amount? This is mainly for arena decks. The current numbers are fine for a 100 HP, but it's a whole different thing IMO when you start with 200 HP at turn 1 and have 12 SoSa in your deck. Not sure if the numbers should be slightly reduced if they become % of max health.
ouch. i like using shard of divinity in conjunction with SoSac. it would be annoying to have to calculate _% of my max hp every other turn.

Hmmmm.... you could make the shard remove _% of your current health (say 50% for example) to a minimum of 40/32. that way it is more expensive to use if you have a lot of health. (would lessen the current use for ems i think)

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412326#msg412326
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2011, 04:10:23 am »
No. If it were a percentage then the deck would wait until it was almost dead resulting in a much lower cost than it is now.

Edit: I misread as % of current hp.

Offline onnig

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412348#msg412348
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2011, 05:41:13 am »
No. If it were a percentage then the deck would wait until it was almost dead resulting in a much lower cost than it is now.
Not sure if I quite get it since it's based off of max health, and will probably remain the same. I do agree on the cost reduction though.

Hmmmm.... you could make the shard remove _% of your current health (say 50% for example) to a minimum of 40/32. that way it is more expensive to use if you have a lot of health. (would lessen the current use for ems i think)
I believe this is better than mine, but 50% is crazy IMO. I was thinking of something more around 25% of current health with the 40|32 cap (flat cap hitting at 160|128 HP).

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg412442#msg412442
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2011, 10:30:58 am »
Holy Light isn't even too viable a card 'here', because a lot of the marks used by SoSa users will probably be Death due to going mono-death to avoid the quanta drain.

blarg: