*Author

Active members:
SpikeSpiegel(1) Thalas(1) omegareaper7(1) Kuroaitou(1) jmizzle7(1) Lovers(1) BloodlinE(1) Zaealix(1) Jen-i(1) 1world24(1) Onizuka(1) the dictator(1) LifeLockable(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) XYTWO(1) avantasia666(1) Tea is good(1) Baily18(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) mrbarbarian(1) PepsysSoul(1) pie(1) EmeraldTiger(1) Jenkar(1) Taffer(1) siriosirio(1) Zblader(1) zumba(1) morningstar(1) Jeep7up(1) teffy(1) TheManuz(1) Skullgasm(1) Acsabi44(1) NDeathy(1) bripod(1) Malebolgia(1) zombie0(1) Contrary(1) macgawel(1) Bonestorm(1) Jasoya(1) Demagog(1) valuka(1) cccombobreaker(1) sharkweekk(1) nco(1) cosine23(1) plastiqe(1) xdude(1) Gorthos(1) pisul(1) Gemini(1) LD_Raine(1) bobknows(1) sieglsiegl(1) Shantu(1) jawdirk(1) Absol(1) Cunning_Wish(1) THEACCUSO(1) Eddygp(1) Meruan4Nemesis(1) Encephalon Decay(2) 10 men(2) Isei(2) tyranim(2) Picheleiro(2) frlaa(2) Snopel(2) bogtro(2) coinich(2) Aves(2) moomoose(2) poperekov(2) FallenSoul(2) Cheesy111(2) Asterix3(2) The_Mormegil(3) PlayerOa(3) Jaymanfu(3) Zeru(3) suxerz(3) LongDono(3) MatrimKK(3) TStar(3) ScaredGuy(3) loadquo(3) Dogg(3) willng3(3) violenceisanart(3) YoungSot(4) jmdt(4) dracomageat(4) rowcla(4) GG(4) furballdn(4) onnig(4) Rember(4) Nepycros(5) DarknessDemon(5) ddevans96(6) Sevs(6) Pineapple(6) Marvaddin(6) Avenger(6) PuppyChow(6) bored_ninja777(6) calindu(7) ralouf(7) Elite Arbiter(7) Jangoo(7) Brontos(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Hodari(9) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) rosutosefi(10) Chapuz(10) Essence(12) darkrobe(12) Atico(15) BluePriest(27) OldTrees(40)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg410583#msg410583
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »
I honestly think the shard needs to become a permanent. It'll still be overpowered, but at least there's some way to remove the effect.
I suggested that when the card was first being conceived, but people said it would make PC too powerful.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg410587#msg410587
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2011, 10:42:04 pm »
for me this need a rework because now it is so frustrating to face and so OP to use..
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg410919#msg410919
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2011, 10:08:22 am »
SoS has got big bug.
When I have 100 HP and use SoS I have 68 HP - It is OK.
When I use it second time I have 36 HP - It is bug! I should have 100 HP. Damage 32 should invert into healing 32. Card text say clearly "Swap damage into healing". I know that it will be OP, but card text MUST work always. OP mechanism isn't a reason to make something different that card text show. The same situation is when opponent use CC and kill our creature. Damage should invert into healing, so why creature die?
Card text is the most important thing in card ability. It must work always, not only sometimes, not only on Friday morning. ALWAYS!

I don't know how we can repair this, but this situation is unacceptable. Maybe it will be better making SoS as damage 25HP of our Max HP and only 1 turn without damage? (throw healing). It will be still good card, better than Sundial (because we can attack) and it will be untargetable (Sundial can be damage).

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg410950#msg410950
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2011, 12:55:23 pm »
SoS has got big bug.
When I have 100 HP and use SoS I have 68 HP - It is OK.
When I use it second time I have 36 HP - It is bug! I should have 100 HP. Damage 32 should invert into healing 32. Card text say clearly "Swap damage into healing". I know that it will be OP, but card text MUST work always. OP mechanism isn't a reason to make something different that card text show. The same situation is when opponent use CC and kill our creature. Damage should invert into healing, so why creature die?
Card text is the most important thing in card ability. It must work always, not only sometimes, not only on Friday morning. ALWAYS!

I don't know how we can repair this, but this situation is unacceptable. Maybe it will be better making SoS as damage 25HP of our Max HP and only 1 turn without damage? (throw healing). It will be still good card, better than Sundial (because we can attack) and it will be untargetable (Sundial can be damage).
It's true. The card, instead of saying "Inflicts 40 damage to yourself" must say "At the cost of 40 HP,"
Think about it, it's a simple word game that doesn't generate confution as "HP cost" is not "damage".
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg411073#msg411073
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2011, 06:00:35 pm »
Just have it changed to "sacrifice 40/32 HP and (rest of text)."

The same situation is when opponent use CC and kill our creature. Damage should invert into healing, so why creature die?
The card doesn't have enough space to detail everything.  I don't see anyone complaining about adrenaline having no effect on 15 atk (or whatever it is) or higher creatures even though the card text clearly states the creature attacks multiple times.  If you insist, though, the text can be changed to "swap player damage with healing."

Edit:

Just reread your post.  Are you complaining about the card text or the card itself?  What you said right here seems like you think the card itself is unacceptable/unbalanced.

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg411100#msg411100
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2011, 06:33:39 pm »
Just reread your post.  Are you complaining about the card text or the card itself?  What you said right here seems like you think the card itself is unacceptable/unbalanced.
I am not good in English so my vocabulary is simple ;) Unacceptable is situation when damage isn't swap into healing - this is what I want to tell. Unacceptable is also when CC kill creature (here also damage isn't swap into healing...) Rest of the text is method of solving problem and my proposition of little nerf card - throwing healing solve problem of the text and it make card not OP ;)

"Sacrife 40/32 HP" is still not the best text change, because it should still heal 40/32 after first use SoS. Damage is damage, heal is heal. Look at Miracle, here heal is swap into damage and it is OK.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg411112#msg411112
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2011, 06:59:18 pm »
I am not good in English so my vocabulary is simple ;) Unacceptable is situation when damage isn't swap into healing - this is what I want to tell. Unacceptable is also when CC kill creature (here also damage isn't swap into healing...) Rest of the text is method of solving problem and my proposition of little nerf card - throwing healing solve problem of the text and it make card not OP ;)

"Sacrife 40/32 HP" is still not the best text change, because it should still heal 40/32 after first use SoS. Damage is damage, heal is heal. Look at Miracle, here heal is swap into damage and it is OK.
Sacrifice is not damage. It is a cost. (If you are really picky we could use Lose 40|32 hp because while damage is loss loss is not necessarily damage.)
Since you think the effect is balanced, we should alter the text to describe the effect.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg411133#msg411133
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2011, 08:01:35 pm »
Yep every one who played Magic the Gathering know that : HP loss isn't damage.

For me the best text is : as an additonnal cost pay 40/32 HP. so you pay HP, this is not damage and that make the things more clear.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg411142#msg411142
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2011, 08:25:19 pm »
This card is...argh! If you use it, it's hard to pay the 40|32 life fee, but arena decks love (ab)using this shard so much due to their high hp!

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg411147#msg411147
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2011, 08:28:51 pm »

Sacrifice is not damage. It is a cost. (If you are really picky we could use Lose 40|32 hp because while damage is loss loss is not necessarily damage.)
Since you think the effect is balanced, we should alter the text to describe the effect.
Card for me isn't balanced, but I want in my post say about text :) Card is OP and we all know it. It is stupid in Arena, when AI use 3-4 SoS in a row. 8 turns without damage (max 24 turns) isn't good news.
All what I say with text is care about weaker players. A lot of us didn't play MtG. For me sacrifice 32 HP still means damage. But ok, maybe it isn't the biggest problem - bigger problem is with CC. All CC should heal after using SoS. It is problem when I know more about this card ability from board instead card text.

Idea of losing X (25? 32? 40?) max HP and 1 turn without any damage for us is much better. You can get then max 3 times SoS or use twice SoD and then 4 times. Type of card is fine, but something in this card goes wrong. First project this card was the best (it was OP and it should be changed, but idea with 1HP was more interesting). I think that this card should be something like "last breath" - You lose all what You have, but have 2-3 turns bonus. After this time player should lose game - then it will be real sacrifice. Some method sacrifice 6 times looks very funny, like 9 lives for cat ;) In my opinion this card should be changed.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg411174#msg411174
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2011, 08:51:42 pm »
While the card is powerful, we do not all agree that it is still OP.

The opponent will only play SoS when you field 11|9 or more damage per turn. If you field 10 damage per turn they become dead draws. It is an antirush card and can be beaten with thought (try stalling with 10 damage per turn?).

Alternatively field 11|9 damage per turn causing them to use their SoSs and then unload with your reserved offense.

As for the CC, you are right that the text should be more specific and mention your damage and healing is swapped. However this is also evident in that SoS is played on you not your creatures.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg411192#msg411192
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2011, 09:40:40 pm »
While the card is powerful, we do not all agree that it is still OP.

The opponent will only play SoS when you field 11|9 or more damage per turn. If you field 10 damage per turn they become dead draws. It is an antirush card and can be beaten with thought (try stalling with 10 damage per turn?).

Alternatively field 11|9 damage per turn causing them to use their SoSs and then unload with your reserved offense.

As for the CC, you are right that the text should be more specific and mention your damage and healing is swapped. However this is also evident in that SoS is played on you not your creatures.
It isn't difficult to have 11|9 damage and You don't need rush deck to have it in 3-5 turn. I know that powerful doesn't mean OP. But as we can see, this Shard evokes the most negative feeling in players. 40|32 is too much for rush deck, but less sacrifice HP means more OP. I don't like this card as is now. Sacrifice should be sacrifice, not mathematic counting is it profitable. This shard should works like "Opps, I will lose this game in next turn, but wait I have LAST CHANCE, SoS. All or nothing, I use it". SoS should be card like emergency, something like Miracle. Now it isn't. I use it to have EM or when I have about 50 HP. It is bad. I should use it when I have really problems.

In my opinion after SoS players should lose game if he didn't won earlier. This card should end of the game. Now it is used in middle part of game.

blarg: