*Author

Active members:
SpikeSpiegel(1) Thalas(1) omegareaper7(1) Kuroaitou(1) jmizzle7(1) Lovers(1) BloodlinE(1) Zaealix(1) Jen-i(1) 1world24(1) Onizuka(1) the dictator(1) LifeLockable(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) XYTWO(1) avantasia666(1) Tea is good(1) Baily18(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) mrbarbarian(1) PepsysSoul(1) pie(1) EmeraldTiger(1) Jenkar(1) Taffer(1) siriosirio(1) Zblader(1) zumba(1) morningstar(1) Jeep7up(1) teffy(1) TheManuz(1) Skullgasm(1) Acsabi44(1) NDeathy(1) bripod(1) Malebolgia(1) zombie0(1) Contrary(1) macgawel(1) Bonestorm(1) Jasoya(1) Demagog(1) valuka(1) cccombobreaker(1) sharkweekk(1) nco(1) cosine23(1) plastiqe(1) xdude(1) Gorthos(1) pisul(1) Gemini(1) LD_Raine(1) bobknows(1) sieglsiegl(1) Shantu(1) jawdirk(1) Absol(1) Cunning_Wish(1) THEACCUSO(1) Eddygp(1) Meruan4Nemesis(1) Encephalon Decay(2) 10 men(2) Isei(2) tyranim(2) Picheleiro(2) frlaa(2) Snopel(2) bogtro(2) coinich(2) Aves(2) moomoose(2) poperekov(2) FallenSoul(2) Cheesy111(2) Asterix3(2) The_Mormegil(3) PlayerOa(3) Jaymanfu(3) Zeru(3) suxerz(3) LongDono(3) MatrimKK(3) TStar(3) ScaredGuy(3) loadquo(3) Dogg(3) willng3(3) violenceisanart(3) YoungSot(4) jmdt(4) dracomageat(4) rowcla(4) GG(4) furballdn(4) onnig(4) Rember(4) Nepycros(5) DarknessDemon(5) ddevans96(6) Sevs(6) Pineapple(6) Marvaddin(6) Avenger(6) PuppyChow(6) bored_ninja777(6) calindu(7) ralouf(7) Elite Arbiter(7) Jangoo(7) Brontos(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Hodari(9) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) rosutosefi(10) Chapuz(10) Essence(12) darkrobe(12) Atico(15) BluePriest(27) OldTrees(40)

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg371420#msg371420
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2011, 10:28:24 pm »
if this isnt immaterial...
Miracle>Shard of Sacrifice ALL the time.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg371421#msg371421
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2011, 10:30:15 pm »
if this isnt immaterial...
Miracle>Shard of Sacrifice ALL the time.
except it gives you 5 turns of stall to continue to do damage and can be played without 12-15 light quanta
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg371435#msg371435
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2011, 10:54:34 pm »
Yeah, the whole casting cost thing pretty much puts your statement in the realm of "ill thought out", there, BP. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg371613#msg371613
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2011, 06:36:35 am »
If its not immaterial, I feel its not just a "Death" card, but also a dead card, lol. Again, this idea sucks so hard that we should start discussing a new shard to be death related.

What about:

Cost 5.
Halves your HP. Inverts healing and damage for 1 turn. Immaterial.
Add 3 poison counters to your opponent if your mark is :death

Looks more balanced to me. The current problem is that it has a superb effect and then need huge drawbacks to be balanced. But having a card that will in most cases decide alone if you win or lose is a bad idea to me. How about something less unstable, with a smaller effect / drawback?

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg371828#msg371828
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2011, 05:21:17 pm »
I honestly think the current card would be just fine at 2 turns, upgraded at 3 turns with a 3 casting cost.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg371938#msg371938
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2011, 10:11:55 pm »
The card should definitely have a casting cost.  The only other zero cost card I can think of that can theoretically extend the game is holy flash, and...yeah...
(draining quanta after casting doesn't cut it imo)

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg371958#msg371958
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2011, 11:02:05 pm »
This is a direct counter to immorushes and other decks that can have ridiculously high damage on the very first turn.
However, no other types of decks have that much damage potential, and so then the low cost becomes negligible, its drain quanta clause devastating.

some speedbows are overpowered, this counter such speedbows, now we just need to make it so this card doesn't counter underpowered decks.
(though whether a deck is underpowered or just bad is up to opinion)

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg371963#msg371963
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2011, 11:20:58 pm »
The main thing i don't like about this card is that as soon as it is played it decides the game. You either win with PC, or some other means or you lose because they have 5 turns to attack at will
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg371984#msg371984
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2011, 12:06:57 am »
Sundial should be mentioned as a similar card if the turns are reduced to 2.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg372146#msg372146
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2011, 09:25:46 am »
I'm probably the only person who's reminded of Abaddon, Lord of Avernus in DoTA when I see this card.

Borrowed Time... ugh
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

avantasia666

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg372158#msg372158
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2011, 10:37:37 am »
I'm probably the only person who's reminded of Abaddon, Lord of Avernus in DoTA when I see this card.

Borrowed Time... ugh
Hmm... You're right. Now as you say it. xD Well he doesn't even lose life to use it. THIS is OP. =P

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg372187#msg372187
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2011, 01:13:17 pm »
Zanz just needs to put this in the trainer so we can try it out...
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

blarg: