*Author

smuglapse

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg215855#msg215855
« Reply #276 on: December 03, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »
some other observations:
-momentum bypasses the gravity pull just like a shield
-gravity pull seems to override shields... at least for damage reduction
-poison cast on you directly doesn't go to the doll nor does its damage get reflected
-so far as I can see, reflection shields dont rebound the damage that the doll sends... just beat a lv 2 light deck using its reflective shield... since i dont do have any other damage source other than the doll, this must be the case.
Yup.
-Gravity Pull does not affect weapons in the slot.
-Gravity Pull'd creatures are not affected by the venom skills.
-Creatures completely ignore shields until the Gravity Pull'd creature is dead.  (Massive Dragons will strike the creature when a Gravity Shield is in play)
-A new instance of Gravity Pull cancels any other Gravity Pull on the same side of the field.
-Reflect shields only reflect spells that do direct damage ("Bolt" spells, Lightning, Unstable Gas)
-Spells are only reflected once, which means if you target yourself while equipped with one you will bypass the opponent's reflect shield.

Even though some of the information in this thread (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,4461.0.html) is out of date it contains a lot of these "don't know until you try it" rules.

Flash fire

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239719#msg239719
« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2011, 08:53:33 pm »
The whole effect of this is when you attack a voodoo doll, the damage is done to your opponent. Well if you TU a damaged voodoo doll, for some reason beyond me you get instantly hit with unavoidable damage equal to the what damage you caused the voodoo all over again. There are laws against this, its called double jepardy. This is not back to the future either, its not like i went back and damaged the stupid thing again or something. Theres no real counter to this either once it gets started as it hits past shields and healing.

I dont know how to add a poll otherwise I would. But im not asking for anything crazy, just TU'ing the voodoo doesnt copy the damage to your opponent instantly. You can still do your basilisk blood gravity force voodoo decks, it just wont be an instant win when you TU the thing. But the gravity force should still attack the other voodoos once TU'ed like its still effected by gravity force.

Thank you for reading and if i can add a poll just direct me to it.

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239726#msg239726
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2011, 09:02:11 pm »
The combo isn't all that great, and it has a ton of counters.
1. You need to play several elements to make the combo as lethal as you say it is.
2. The doll can be rewinded, or killed before it's ready for TU.
3. You can deny them of uanta to play the combo.
4. You can kill them before they are set up.
5. It's possible to TU their doll against them.
6+ I can't be bothered to add these.

PS. The option for adding a poll should be just above the your opening post.

Offline ArtCrusade

• Reputation Power: 7
  • ArtCrusade is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Join the ArtCrusade!
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239728#msg239728
« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2011, 09:04:49 pm »
Gl1tch's "favourite" saying: "Before asking for a nerf or a buff, play at least once with the card and once against it."

Yup, that being said I see no more reason to discuss, really.
My art:         deviantArt
My poetry:    Writing.com

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239730#msg239730
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2011, 09:07:14 pm »
Gravity Pull/Basilisk Blood/Twin Universe/Voodoo Dolls decks are so easily countered that only the ai could consistently fall for a deck relying on it. Just rewind/mutate/kill(easily possible for pvp, hold damage in hand unlike stupid ai) it, or even TU it yourself. I do not see how it is overpowered, the most popular deck relying on it has a low relative (to CCYB, RoL Hope) win rate because it's a huge over 9000 card combo.

Can you name a pvp example in which you totally did not see the Twin Universe coming from a similar deck?

You should be able to see add a poll at the bottom and top of this thread, on the right side.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239732#msg239732
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2011, 09:09:45 pm »
Voodoo Doll + Twin Universe is indeed powerful (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14435.0/topicseen.html) but is not overpowered when compared to similarly powered combos like ScaredGirl's Rainbow, CCYB and RoL Hope

Edit: Ninjaed
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Flash fire

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239857#msg239857
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2011, 11:41:25 pm »
Im more talking along the lines of, if it has an effect so random that a player seeing it for the first time may think its a glitch, than maybe it should not have a mechanic like that. Yea it has counters but its still capable of being set up with a single super nova and a few aether towers.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239863#msg239863
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2011, 11:46:12 pm »
Im more talking along the lines of, if it has an effect so random that a player seeing it for the first time may think its a glitch, than maybe it should not have a mechanic like that. Yea it has counters but its still capable of being set up with a single super nova and a few aether towers.
Random? When a creature is twined the full HP and current attack are both duplicated. The damage done from a voodoo doll is always the difference between its full HP and current HP. How is this random and does not make sense?
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

QuantumT

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239870#msg239870
« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2011, 11:52:25 pm »
I think I see where he's coming from to an extent. It seems like the doll deals damage when damage is dealt to it, and since no actual damage is being dealt when it it's TUed, the damage kind of just appears from nowhere.

I'll admit that the first time it was done to me, I was surprised to suddenly just be dead.

Uppercut

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239888#msg239888
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2011, 12:10:27 am »
I think I see where he's coming from to an extent. It seems like the doll deals damage when damage is dealt to it, and since no actual damage is being dealt when it it's TUed, the damage kind of just appears from nowhere.
This. Neither card specifies an effect that should act anywhere close to what actually happens. With that said I don't think its actually an overpowered effect. What I think should happen is actually Voodoo Doll getting reworded to include something about copies copying effects including damage.

LongDono

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239899#msg239899
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2011, 12:25:06 am »
I did not know that about voodoo doll really, but it is a big combo to pull off.

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg239912#msg239912
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2011, 12:38:19 am »
The effect is an inherent effect, not something specially programmed to happen.

Voodoo doll does damage by detecting that it's current hp is less than it's full hp, and whenever that happens deals the difference in damage to your opponent.

PU makes an exact copy, which means that it copies both the full and current hp of the voodoo doll to the next one, say 10 current and 60 full.

The new doll detects that it's current hp at 10 is less than it's full hp at 60 and does the difference of 50 to your opponent instantly.

blarg: