*Author

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240804#msg240804
« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2011, 04:50:08 am »
After reading the thread. People only mention  :earth :gravity :darkness combo, no aether or TU is mentioned
thats because voodoo doll is  :darkness, and TU'ing a plain voodoo doll doesnt do anything, you need to use BB( :earth) and Gravity force( :gravity) first.
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Uppercut

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240810#msg240810
« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2011, 04:54:39 am »
I see no reason to improve it, nobody who actually represents the group that IS actually confused about Voodoo Doll has posted any concerns about it.
On the same page you posted this, this was posted.
I do feel that this is a bug exploit, gravity pull, TU should be exactly that. Not some hocus pocus instant damage. The cards just should not combine into that type of effect.
Point proven?

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240814#msg240814
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2011, 04:59:32 am »
not at all because he understands it, he just doesnt agree with it.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240821#msg240821
« Reply #351 on: January 05, 2011, 05:06:57 am »
Look, when I have time, I will personally go into PvP 2/1 and use a Voodoo TU deck just to see people's reactions.
I will post them here, or ask them to post any concerns in this thread if they have any.

Flash Fire is just one person, and we can't judge the majority from one person. I believe that the more common reaction is not "WTFFF what happened? OPPP NEEERRRFFF!", but more likely "WTF? ooooohh, I get it. That's kinda cool."

Until we can better judge what people think of this, then we shouldn't bother trying to use the majority as a basis for argument.

Sir Rebrl

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240823#msg240823
« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2011, 05:11:03 am »
I'm going to repeat a point, since it was apparently unnoticed.

An intelligent, strategically minded player should be able to look at Voodoo Doll and TU and think "Hmmm... I wonder..." They should be able to realize the extra damage is possible without having seen it in action. As it is, any halfway intelligent player who hasn't seen it or heard about it will look at it (the combo) and not even bother thinking about it before moving on.

Uppercut

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240825#msg240825
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2011, 05:13:58 am »
Until we can better judge what people think of this, then we shouldn't bother trying to use the majority as a basis for argument.
But you're the only person bringing up the majority. Voodoo doll is misleading and hints that it shouldn't work that way. Thats all that matters. If it confused 0 people it'd make no difference, it'd still be a poorly worded card.

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240828#msg240828
« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2011, 05:18:34 am »
But you're the only person bringing up the majority. Voodoo doll is misleading and hints that it shouldn't work that way. Thats all that matters. If it confused 0 people it'd make no difference, it'd still be a poorly worded card.
Is this thread titled "Voodoo doll should explain every effect and should be reworded" or is it a thread to nerf the voodoo doll and TU combo?
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240830#msg240830
« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2011, 05:23:09 am »
Is this thread titled "Voodoo doll should explain every effect and should be reworded" or is it a thread to nerf the voodoo doll and TU combo?
It may have started as a nerf thread, it may have a nerf like poll.

However it should be: "If Voodoo Doll were to be reworded, how may it be worded better?"
Due to the fallibility of mortals, all wording can be improved. Voodoo Doll may have wording such that an improvement would be worth the effort invested. So why not we invest some effort and then let Zanz decide to change the text if we succeed at finding an improvement?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240831#msg240831
« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2011, 05:23:33 am »
Im more talking along the lines of, if it has an effect so random that a player seeing it for the first time may think its a glitch, than maybe it should not have a mechanic like that. Yea it has counters but its still capable of being set up with a single super nova and a few aether towers.
it sorta is about that... in some strange messed up way

After reading the thread. People only mention  :earth :gravity :darkness combo, no aether or TU is mentioned
Somehow I doubt you actually read the thread....

Not sure if this is common knowledge yet, but Zanz said damage via TU is intended.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240869#msg240869
« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2011, 08:13:22 am »
There are many things that do not follow naturally from the card descriptions. This is hardly argumentation.

My fav is antimatter:

''The creature inflict heals'' (What on earth is it??) This card must be nerfed, because I do not get it.

''Absorb 1 quantum from your opponent and return one  :darkness to you.''

Broken card... I should get 2 quanta per pest. The absorbed quantum and a  :darkness

I had no idea what nightmare did either.

In the end you can say something implies a lot of things. That is however, totally personal. I can only say I was totally surprised by the effect myself. It looks odd to me, but it is certainly not OP.
Antimatter - Invert the attack power of the target creature (the creature inflict heals instead of damage).
Invert the attack power. Negative becomes positive and visa versa. Clear as crystal.

Pest - The pest absorbs the quantum, converts it to darkness, and gives it to you. It doesn't say you absorb the quantum, so no you shouldn't get it.

Nightmare - Fill your opponent’s hand with copies of the target creature’s card. That is ridiculously clear.

The voodoo doll card either needs to be reworded so that it gets across the idea that if it is alive, it's status and damage are mirrored on the opponent, or the TU-damage effect needs to be prevented.
This is very annoying. Really.

''the creature inflict heals instead of damage'' This isn't a grammatical sentence. How can anyone claim to know what it means? More than that, it is implied the card heals! It never mentions the card will damage when cast on a creature with vampire ability. It must be a lie! Oh well. It is the SAME complicated mechanic used by TU and voodoo.

Pest - The pest absorbs the quantum, converts it to darkness, and gives it to you. It doesn't say you absorb the quantum, so no you shouldn't get it.

Another fallacy. It clearly says ''Absorb one quantum.'' It should have said ''Absorbs'' when dealing with the pest.

Nightmare - Fill your opponent’s hand with copies of the target creature’s card. That is ridiculously clear.

And another omission. Where does it say I do not get to draw my card when it is my turn, because my hand has been filled BEFORE I draw?

It ISNT very clear what most of the complex cards do. You need to figure it out. Very simple. Want more examples? Where does it say that hybrid poisoning becomes neurotoxin, rather than regular toxin? How is it possible an immortal is hit by shields, while it cannot be targeted or buffed, while it CAN still grow and use abilities? Where does it say a Gargoyle can cast stone form only once? What about Precogition? See your opponent's hand and draw a card? You don't get to draw any card! The card you draw is from your own deck, not the opponent's. Etc. etc. etc.

So the description of TU and voodoo is accurate. It copies a HURT voodoo doll, which can be defended. TU copies all existing conditions, which is not mentioned anywhere by the way. It might have been different, but it isn't. 

If you have problems with the voodoo doll, you should be opening at least 20 more threads about the other cards.

Now to the real issue of the combination TU and voodoo, it isn't OP. It's not any worse than a golem rush or a life/earth/light rush. or a stall deck with a spell that kills at once. It's not any worse than fractal. Or a deck packed with antimatter. Or worse, antimatter and liquid shadow. What about aflatoxin? Hey, now I cannot play. Aflatoxin is OP, by the way. the card does not say what it does exactly, so, is OP. It's another long and risky strategy that gives you a lock if not countered in time, much like Hope. You shouldn't mind too much if your opponent pulls off a combo because your deck has no counter for it. Maybe next time and with another deck it is different.   

Day
Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

Flash fire

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240979#msg240979
« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2011, 02:25:11 pm »
Its alot faster than any deck, i tested the deck out, 5 rounded a few gods. Slow to set up? it 4 rounded gods before... its not slow.

Look at it this way, you can clone the original chimera but the new one takes the old ones spot. Because you cant have more than one.

Well riddle me this one batman, how do you have two voodoo dolls that effect the same person? The answer is, you cant as the original would be compromised. If you actually look around and read about real voodoo dolls you would know that you cant make two of the same person.

And hard to set up, 1 super nova pays for all but the aether... much simpler than cremation or any other deck.
Wish one cremation would set my deck up for success but it doesnt.

So how about we look at it this way. What other deck can be powered off 1 super nova and a few aether towers?
What other deck 4 rounds gods?
What other deck hits 60-80 unblockable damage instantly through a spell card?
What deck hits 200 hp in 1 round using just one cheap creature.
Dragons cost 12 quantum usually. And the voodoo combo takes about 5 plus another 6 to finish a pvp match.

Its not even that you can out rush it, i have seen them set up in 1 turn.

Like i said, if it does something that looks so random that it may look like a glitch or someone that would never think of it to effect that way... its probably a glitch.
As for antimatter and liquid shadow its simple... if it heals you and the damage is reversed... it hurts you....

Offline BC

• Reputation Power: 0
  • BC hides under a Cloak.
  • have an escape plan
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240983#msg240983
« Reply #359 on: January 05, 2011, 02:49:14 pm »
how do you have two voodoo dolls that effect the same person? The answer is, you cant as the original would be compromised. If you actually look around and read about real voodoo dolls you would know that you cant make two of the same person.
Of course, it is also common knowledge that Egyptian Pharaohs generated scarabs from their mouths... duh.

blarg: