*Author

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240377#msg240377
« Reply #336 on: January 04, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »
There are many things that do not follow naturally from the card descriptions. This is hardly argumentation.

My fav is antimatter:

''The creature inflict heals'' (What on earth is it??) This card must be nerfed, because I do not get it.

''Absorb 1 quantum from your opponent and return one  :darkness to you.''

Broken card... I should get 2 quanta per pest. The absorbed quantum and a  :darkness

I had no idea what nightmare did either.

In the end you can say something implies a lot of things. That is however, totally personal. I can only say I was totally surprised by the effect myself. It looks odd to me, but it is certainly not OP.
Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

Flash fire

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240378#msg240378
« Reply #337 on: January 04, 2011, 04:59:57 pm »
I do feel that this is a bug exploit, gravity pull, TU should be exactly that. Not some hocus pocus instant damage. The cards just should not combine into that type of effect.

Sir Rebrl

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240718#msg240718
« Reply #338 on: January 05, 2011, 02:03:51 am »
There are many things that do not follow naturally from the card descriptions. This is hardly argumentation.

My fav is antimatter:

''The creature inflict heals'' (What on earth is it??) This card must be nerfed, because I do not get it.

''Absorb 1 quantum from your opponent and return one  :darkness to you.''

Broken card... I should get 2 quanta per pest. The absorbed quantum and a  :darkness

I had no idea what nightmare did either.

In the end you can say something implies a lot of things. That is however, totally personal. I can only say I was totally surprised by the effect myself. It looks odd to me, but it is certainly not OP.
Antimatter - Invert the attack power of the target creature (the creature inflict heals instead of damage).
Invert the attack power. Negative becomes positive and visa versa. Clear as crystal.

Pest - The pest absorbs the quantum, converts it to darkness, and gives it to you. It doesn't say you absorb the quantum, so no you shouldn't get it.

Nightmare - Fill your opponent’s hand with copies of the target creature’s card. That is ridiculously clear.

The voodoo doll card either needs to be reworded so that it gets across the idea that if it is alive, it's status and damage are mirrored on the opponent, or the TU-damage effect needs to be prevented.

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240743#msg240743
« Reply #339 on: January 05, 2011, 02:54:34 am »
*sighs*

Sir Rebrl, Uppercut, QuantumT, do you or do you not understand that the way Voodoo + PU works the way it does?

Yes or No.

We are quickly derailing into a pointless argument. Let's see if I can resolve the issue.
I understand what happens, I understand why it happens. My problem is that with the way Voodoo Doll is worded it sounds like it shouldn't.
I understand what happens, I understand why it happens. My problem is that with the way Voodoo Doll is worded it sounds like it shouldn't.
^this^
Sorry about the late reply. The only thing I'm concerned about is that you are basically placing yourselves as representatives of a group that you do not belong to. You understand how voodoo works, and why it works, yet you are claiming that the majority of people will not understand it.

As it stands now, it seems you don't have a problem with the mechanic in and of itself, and are merely raging at the game and the way it's cards are worded. Quite simply, it's not a huge deal and the majority of the people that I know, while they may have been surprised that it works the way it does, they don't question it and understand the combo immediately.

If you really think the design of the game is horrible and and are to the point where you are flaming at it just because of that, than don't play.

It really isn't the huge deal that you make it out to be. The combo is fine, it's easy to understand why it happens, and there's no reason to put down the game or the developer just because you don't like it.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240750#msg240750
« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2011, 03:06:52 am »
I do feel that this is a bug exploit, gravity pull, TU should be exactly that. Not some hocus pocus instant damage. The cards just should not combine into that type of effect.
It's not an exploit in the slightest.  The behavior regardless of any confusion surrounding the description of the card itself is intended, as confirmed by zanzarino himself.  It was all discussed in the original Voodoo Doll thread. (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,9640.0.html)  And I'm fairly certain that if the cards shouldn't combine into that kind of effect that zanzarino would have fixed it soon after it was released.  Therefore, there is no imbalance created by this combo existing, and there is no need for a nerf.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Krahhl

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240765#msg240765
« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2011, 03:35:00 am »
Sorry to go off topic, but this argument seems a bit off topic. No one is really supporting that the combination is overpowered, merely incorrectly worded. As the topic is about nerfing the card, the discussion should be about balancing the mechanics, not determining whether they are implied by the words.

That said, unexpected is not the same as overpowered.

Uppercut

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240776#msg240776
« Reply #342 on: January 05, 2011, 03:49:36 am »
Sorry about the late reply. The only thing I'm concerned about is that you are basically placing yourselves as representatives of a group that you do not belong to*snip*
If you really think the design of the game is horrible and and are to the point where you are flaming at it just because of that, than don't play.
No, I represent a very specific demographic that I do feel I belong to. People who want to improve the game and make it more accessible.

Sir Rebrl

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240792#msg240792
« Reply #343 on: January 05, 2011, 04:29:26 am »
Sorry about the late reply. The only thing I'm concerned about is that you are basically placing yourselves as representatives of a group that you do not belong to. You understand how voodoo works, and why it works, yet you are claiming that the majority of people will not understand it.
I understand it because I'm here on the forum and I happened to bother coming into this topic and I saw an explanation for it.
I'm not claiming most people won't understand it when it's explained.
I'm saying most people won't like it when the seemingly impossible costs them a match or several, depending.

All I'm saying is it needs reworded so it doesn't imply that it doesn't do what it does. Right now it's kind of lying.

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240796#msg240796
« Reply #344 on: January 05, 2011, 04:36:57 am »
Sorry about the late reply. The only thing I'm concerned about is that you are basically placing yourselves as representatives of a group that you do not belong to*snip*
No, I represent a very specific demographic that I do feel I belong to. People who want to improve the game and make it more accessible.
Nevertheless, you are using your support in such that it implies that the majority of the people want this specific part of the game improved. You say that people will not understand this aspect of the game, and that that needs fixing, even though you yourself understand it and cannot offer proof that others cannot understand it. You are basically deciding what other people want without properly asking them, instead of deciding what you want yourself. Everyone in this thread so far understands the mechanic. If you go into PvP and use it, they may be surprised because they didn't know, but they will learn quickly.

I see no reason to improve it, nobody who actually represents the group that IS actually confused about Voodoo Doll has posted any concerns about it. If a thread pops up in the future where someone new to the game finds out about this and posts about it, thinking it's a bug, than I will see your side of the argument, but as it stands, the only people who are concerned about people not understanding this mechanic are people who understand it themselves.

Flash fire

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240801#msg240801
« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2011, 04:47:42 am »
After reading the thread. People only mention  :earth :gravity :darkness combo, no aether or TU is mentioned

Offline thatnewguy

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240802#msg240802
« Reply #346 on: January 05, 2011, 04:49:21 am »
Because the  :earth :darkness :gravity is a must BEFORE you finish the combo with  :aether. 4 card combo, slow set up. No change.
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Sir Rebrl

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240803#msg240803
« Reply #347 on: January 05, 2011, 04:49:59 am »
It's not that we're concerned about people not understanding it. It's pretty simple when you know the mechanics behind it.

We are concerned about the fact that the text is directly misleading. People can go ahead and be surprised, but it should be more along the lines of "Holy crap, I didn't realize it would do that," rather than "WTF, I didn't attack that one!"
In other words, they should be able to recognize it as an unconsidered possibility rather than a seemed to be impossibility. To be more clear, the strategically minded players should be able to consider the possibility that TU will inflict extra damage without having seen it.

anything
blarg: