*Author

Sir Rebrl

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240088#msg240088
« Reply #312 on: January 04, 2011, 04:00:02 am »
I realized I was part of the game pretty quickly... It seemed a lot like Magic (where you're a planeswalker) and it's an obvious reason for the weapon/shield slot limit. It also happens to explain having HP altogether.

Having HP for the player implies strongly in and of itself that the player is part of the game. I dunno how you could not realize that. *shrugs*

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240098#msg240098
« Reply #313 on: January 04, 2011, 04:30:38 am »
@QuantumT To avoid quoting myself, I already said Im mainly just playing devils advocate.

Just as quickly as you realized you were part of the game, I realized what happened with voodoo. Different people realize different things. I honestly dont know how anyone could not realize that.

When it becomes an issue is when it's used for a OHKO. You go from facing one doll with some damage taken to being instantly dead. It's not some trivial thing that you can kind of see as you go along. It's game ending.
So you mean when the doll has had 2 BB's put on it and you already dealt over 50 damage to it? Cause Im sure that happens a lot, and is about the only time anyone has ever had this happen to them.
Having HP for the player implies strongly in and of itself that the player is part of the game.
HP is very dynamic. I simply looked at it as a tracer for progress and nothing more. If there is no backstory, anything more than that would be blind guessing or fantasizing.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240144#msg240144
« Reply #314 on: January 04, 2011, 06:22:47 am »
*sighs*

Sir Rebrl, Uppercut, QuantumT, do you or do you not understand that the way Voodoo + PU works the way it does?

Yes or No.

We are quickly derailing into a pointless argument. Let's see if I can resolve the issue.

zse

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240167#msg240167
« Reply #315 on: January 04, 2011, 07:32:08 am »
Didn't bother to read all but to me it seems just about everybody here agree with these 2 things:
- Voodoo Doll + Parallel Universe/Twin Universe combo is balanced and it should stay the way it is now
- text on Voodoo Doll is written in a way that doesn't properly describe how that card works

So in other words guys, instead of you getting into meaningless debate on who is more right than everyone else, just try to find a way how Voodoo Doll should be rewritten. :-\

Flash fire

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240186#msg240186
« Reply #316 on: January 04, 2011, 08:15:47 am »
The combo is easy to pull off,a single super nova gives all the quanta for it besides aether.

It does instantly end the game and the only way to counter it is with OHKOing it, reversing, or mutating it or only momentums. Thats only 3 elements. You pretty much cant be mono anything and be able to counter it. I see it coming and usually i cant stop it simply because my opponent has set up a voodoo on turn 1 with BB and GP. Its not hard as you only need one super nova and 2 towers. Maybe i should just play as a rainbow deck but what deck carries rewinds... probably the same number that carries mutations...

If the deck can effectively kill any god, which it can, that might mean theres no real counter to it unless you specifically throw in these unlikely cards that people dont use aside from rainbow decks. I know some people have 4 turned gods with this deck... thats 50 turn average, thats simply absurd.

And people do have points, why dont i get adrened if i use it on voodoos... if TU effects it why dont Adren?

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240188#msg240188
« Reply #317 on: January 04, 2011, 08:20:31 am »
The combo is easy to pull off,a single super nova gives all the quanta for it besides aether.

It does instantly end the game and the only way to counter it is with OHKOing it, reversing, or mutating it or only momentums. Thats only 3 elements. You pretty much cant be mono anything and be able to counter it. I see it coming and usually i cant stop it simply because my opponent has set up a voodoo on turn 1 with BB and GP. Its not hard as you only need one super nova and 2 towers. Maybe i should just play as a rainbow deck but what deck carries rewinds... probably the same number that carries mutations...

If the deck can effectively kill any god, which it can, that might mean theres no real counter to it unless you specifically throw in these unlikely cards that people dont use aside from rainbow decks. I know some people have 4 turned gods with this deck... thats 50 turn average, thats simply absurd.

And people do have points, why dont i get adrened if i use it on voodoos... if TU effects it why dont Adren?
to get all the cards it takes more then a few turns most of the time though.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline ArtCrusade

• Reputation Power: 7
  • ArtCrusade is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Join the ArtCrusade!
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240264#msg240264
« Reply #318 on: January 04, 2011, 12:38:43 pm »
It's all about the code. When a creature is TU'd, first of all the original creature, with no change in attack or defense, appears. Then the status is changed, and in case of the doll damage is inflicted which it survives, so the damage is dealt to the enemy as well. If you understand how things are coded, many other things sound reasonable as well. Besides, this is a nice game mechanic which I really really like ;)
My art:         deviantArt
My poetry:    Writing.com

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240273#msg240273
« Reply #319 on: January 04, 2011, 12:57:55 pm »
This is a normal game mechanic.

By the way, you want to nerf Voodoo or TU? You can nerf a card, not a combo, I think..

Uppercut

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240316#msg240316
« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2011, 02:50:10 pm »
*sighs*

Sir Rebrl, Uppercut, QuantumT, do you or do you not understand that the way Voodoo + PU works the way it does?

Yes or No.

We are quickly derailing into a pointless argument. Let's see if I can resolve the issue.
I understand what happens, I understand why it happens. My problem is that with the way Voodoo Doll is worded it sounds like it shouldn't.

Sir Rebrl

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240324#msg240324
« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2011, 03:02:00 pm »
I understand what happens, I understand why it happens. My problem is that with the way Voodoo Doll is worded it sounds like it shouldn't.
^this^

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240329#msg240329
« Reply #322 on: January 04, 2011, 03:04:59 pm »
And all because you choose not to look at it a certain way. Ive already explained that if you look at it one way it actually works just fine, and evariva has explained one way as well, aside from that, it has also been pointed out that Zanz intentionally has easter eggs in it, and intentionally didnt mention everything on the card.

Also, it has been pointed out that just about every game in the world has things it doesnt tell you and lets you figure it out for yourself. Why should this game be different? Its hardly misleading. If there is a secret passage in a game and Im not told about it, then do I claim the developer is misleading me? if a weapon has a special hidden effect will you say the developer is misleading you? Seriously, people should stop complaining about voodoo doll. Otherwise, complain about every other game in the world as well, and stop playing them.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Sir Rebrl

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg240333#msg240333
« Reply #323 on: January 04, 2011, 03:08:06 pm »
How about this. Consider the fact that if it were worded appropriately, it would not give away the easter eggs but it would allow people to realize they might exist before it costs them the game. It is completely misleading. That can not be refuted by any rational argument.

Besides that, as I said, a disclaimer about easter eggs would make me just as happy for the sake of the people who don't come here and don't know what zanz says.

blarg: