*Author

smuglapse

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg121664#msg121664
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2010, 03:20:29 am »
If you use five Fire Bolts on a Voodoo Doll (16 hp), each dealing three damage, then the Voodoo Doll's opponent will take 15 damage. I'm not sure why that is difficult to understand.
That discussion was before the buff, when the Doll had 15 HP.  Supposedly since damage causing death is not counted, it would be 12 damage inflicted.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg121673#msg121673
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2010, 03:22:12 am »
I thought it was a good question. Not everyone knows how firebolt works (ie if it does all the damage at once, or in bursts of three)
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg121729#msg121729
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2010, 05:08:10 am »
But the question was about five different castings, each dealing three damage. Plus, the discussion was going on yesterday, after Voodoo Doll changed to a 0|16 creature. I'm not quite sure how 15 damage on a 0|16 Voodoo Doll would deal anything other than 15 damage. That's the point I was making.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg121902#msg121902
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2010, 01:09:18 pm »
AHHH ok, I completely misunderstood. That makes much more sense for it to be a common sense thing.

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg121924#msg121924
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2010, 01:57:30 pm »
This card's ability description and health have changed. It is now :

0|16
Voodoo: If this creature survives an attack, damage and status is inflicted to your opponent as well.
This new description is confuse. So, if I use Rage Potion on Voodoo Doll, it didnt cause 5 damage to the opponent? Because, according to this description, it will only do that after the creature attack and survive. And, lets suppose I cast momentum on it, and it was targeted for a Lightning. The damage inflicted during the attack will be 1 (creature damage) or 5 (damage previously suffered by creature), or 6 (both)?

This description:
- damage creature - no direct damage to opponent.
- creature survives an attack - what damage is inflicted???

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Entropy Has You
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg121938#msg121938
« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2010, 02:16:10 pm »
its saying that when the card recieves damage, if it survives, then it does the damage to the opponent

JJ 52

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg121961#msg121961
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2010, 02:43:45 pm »
This card's ability description and health have changed. It is now :

0|16
Voodoo: If this creature survives an attack, damage and status is inflicted to your opponent as well.
This new description is confuse. So, if I use Rage Potion on Voodoo Doll, it didnt cause 5 damage to the opponent? Because, according to this description, it will only do that after the creature attack and survive. And, lets suppose I cast momentum on it, and it was targeted for a Lightning. The damage inflicted during the attack will be 1 (creature damage) or 5 (damage previously suffered by creature), or 6 (both)?

This description:
- damage creature - no direct damage to opponent.
- creature survives an attack - what damage is inflicted???
I basically means that after it is damaged, if it is still alive, it deals the damage it recieved to the opponent. So rage potion would deal 5 damage to the opponent from when it was damaged, then another 5 each turn for its attack. It was reworded so that cards like creamation that instantly would kill it, wouldnt deal damage.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Entropy Has You
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg121967#msg121967
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2010, 02:53:35 pm »
personally, I find it more useful using gravity pull on it, rather than cremating it instantly, even if cremating caused damage.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg122309#msg122309
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2010, 08:49:47 pm »
cremate doesnt damage, i tried it in trainer and it did nothing to the opponent, unfortunately
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline TheOwner

• Reputation Power: 10
  • TheOwner is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.TheOwner is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg122317#msg122317
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2010, 09:10:01 pm »
But the question was about five different castings, each dealing three damage. Plus, the discussion was going on yesterday, after Voodoo Doll changed to a 0|16 creature. I'm not quite sure how 15 damage on a 0|16 Voodoo Doll would deal anything other than 15 damage. That's the point I was making.
My question was more of if the damage was dealt at the end of the turn or after each individual spell.  So I was asking if you killed it within your turn if it still did damage.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Entropy Has You
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg122422#msg122422
« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2010, 10:32:29 pm »
My question was more of if the damage was dealt at the end of the turn or after each individual spell.  So I was asking if you killed it within your turn if it still did damage.
Its dealt after each individual attack, not at the end of the turn.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg122499#msg122499
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2010, 11:51:10 pm »
cremate doesnt damage, i tried it in trainer and it did nothing to the opponent, unfortunately
Cremate might well deal damage - but definitionally, the Voodoo Doll doesn't survive, so no damage can be dealt to your opponent. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

anything
blarg: