*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120278#msg120278
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2010, 08:21:15 pm »
It seems deadly, but it really isn't. I got some time to test the card yesterday and I was pretty much struggling to try and make a game breaking deck with it. Voodoo Doll holds many uses, but that is also what keeps it from being too powerful, you just need many cards to make it shine; however, using too many cards also hinders your reaction to a multitude of decks. I'll need conduct more tests sometime, though..
What he said. Voodoo Doll is really, really fun, but right now there really isn't much of a competitive aspect to this card save for Gravity Pull. The other effects are just plain slow.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the classic Chrysaora deck is pretty good.  Now this can use Parasites instead of Chrysaora for creature control AND poisoning the opponent the Voodoo Doll even does double damage against the opponent (poison to opponent and infection to creature)
I agree, a lot of people are underestimating this. I think it's the first card since Fractal that opens up a whole world of possiblities.

I mean, rage on this this to deal 5 damage a turn.
Poison this to poison your opponent.
Fractal this and use to do 20 or more damage.
Fractal this and play pandemonium for a whole host of effects.
Play blessings and holy lights to deal damage and heal it again.
Freeze this to freeze your opponents weapon.
Buff this and use liquid shadow for mass healing.
And the possibilities are endless

Some of these are hard to build a deck around, but can be very hard to overcome.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline TheOwner

• Reputation Power: 10
  • TheOwner is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.TheOwner is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120280#msg120280
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2010, 08:22:47 pm »
Finally someone who likes this card.  Although not as game changing as fractal but still very good.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120282#msg120282
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2010, 08:23:47 pm »
Finally someone who likes this card.  Although not as game changing as fractal but still very good.
I think it is because it makes so many new deck ideas, like fractal did. We all have our own opinions :)
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120489#msg120489
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2010, 11:37:02 pm »
I guess you misunderstood my words, because not once did I say that I dislike Voodoo Doll, or that it is a bad card. The problem with Voodoo Doll is that the poison strategy is slower than with classic Speed Poison, and the Fractal/Pandemonium strategy is unpredictable (but hilarious). I am not underestimating anything when I say that Voodoo Doll is not a gamebreaker. It's just a fact that nothing about Voodoo Doll is overpowered. Sure, there are interesting and creative things you can do with it, but none of them are particularly devastating.

Offline TheOwner

• TheOwner is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.TheOwner is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120493#msg120493
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2010, 11:38:42 pm »
Thank you for clarifying.  Think this will change the game of elements any where near us much as fractal did?  I think there's a chance.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120510#msg120510
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2010, 11:48:19 pm »
I think the Meat Shield deck (GP+Doll) will definitely make a splash as a potential PvP combo deck, but control archetypes will absolutely destroy it (Fire Stall, classic rainbow, any non-creature control deck). I actually have a pretty neat idea about a potential false god killer using the Basilisk Blood + Voodoo Doll combination. I haven't had much time to test, but I think it has potential.

Offline TheOwner

• New to Elements
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120513#msg120513
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2010, 11:52:29 pm »
That decks already been created using nymphs and voodoo doll I can't find it but if I do I'll post the link

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120525#msg120525
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2010, 12:12:11 am »
I'm not talking about "that deck." Even if I was, there is no point in telling someone not to practice deckbuilding just because there is already a deck that resembles the idea. I'm pretty sure my idea is original enough to investigate further.

Offline TheOwner

• New to Elements
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120529#msg120529
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2010, 12:13:53 am »
Didn't say not to.  Was just pointing out there's already a basis of your idea you may want to look at it.

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120796#msg120796
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2010, 08:42:16 am »
I was thinking about an entropy rainbow:
The problem with gravity pull is that it is pretty weak alone. You need basilisk blood as well.
Also, you need a way to strip the momentum/CC abilities from opponents.
The ulitharids are probably good for this. For permanent control: explosion.

Innominate

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120804#msg120804
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2010, 09:09:48 am »
As others have said, I think the only really powerful combination with this card is gravity pull. If you could get enough earth nymphs you could potentially kill a FG with it (provided it lacked instant kill CC, reverse time, healing and momentum) and not much else. The problem as I see it is that gravity pull can only be cast on it from cards, not other creatures. So if you want to use more than one voodoo doll, you have to have more than one gravity pull. That alone is enough to balance it I feel.

In PVP it could be a devastating combination; slow the enemy's rush down and do damage at the same time. Antimatter far outclasses it for slowing down rushes, and rushes themselves outclass it for damage. It's only that it can do both with relatively little effort that redeems it for that purpose.

Still, a fun card.

twinsbuster

Re: Voodoo Doll https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9640.msg120818#msg120818
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2010, 09:41:06 am »
in fact the earth nymph+gravity pull doll is very limited against FGs

reverse time, mutation, freeze, shockwave, unstable gas, poison, empathic bond, miracle, momentum creatures...
These break the combo and are common among FGs

you can try in the trainer and see which FG you can beat

blarg: