*Author

Daneman

Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg60870#msg60870
« on: April 29, 2010, 06:31:46 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t5 7t5 7t5 7t5 7t5 7t5 7tb 7te 7te 7te 7te 7te 7te 8pt

This is quite a good deck for lvl 3 and half-bloods.
The strategy is simple. Play dragons and vampirify (is that a word...?) them. Use eclipse only after you have played at least 1 dragon. And play your weapon as quickly as possible.
I tested this on the trainer. 100 lvl matches against lvl3 and 100 against halfbloods.
Lvl 3 results:
92 matches won.
8 lost.
71 Elemental Masteries
All losses were due to Gravity shield >_< I tried adding some steals but it just slowed to down and i ended up making slightly less money.
The average amount of turns is 8.32 so there are definately faster decks out there ):
But this is a very fast darkness deck for lvl3 considering the amount of EMs.
Half-bloods results:
73 matches won.
27 lost.
34 Elemental Masteries
This was considerably harder because of the higher health. My dragons would often die before they could kill the enemy while trying to regenerate health from the higher level of damage given out by the half-bloods
The average amount of turns would be somewhere around 12 but thats just an estimation because I didn't write down the amount of turns for Half-bloods (I was tired and did it all wrong but i only realised that by time i was at 75 matches or so :()
Leave comments and suggestions below
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:22:55 am by willng3 »

Offline lolicjj

• Reputation Power: 0
  • lolicjj is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg61546#msg61546
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:07:11 am »
How 'bout adding some stealing<even u said its slowed down, and i know it waste money> and add some drain life< so when u run out of dragon and u have lot of darkness quanta, u can still healing yourself. prevent losing 'cause big poison on yourself :D >. ope my suggestion help :D

Daneman

Re: Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg61883#msg61883
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 08:10:40 pm »
How 'bout adding some stealing<even u said its slowed down, and i know it waste money> and add some drain life< so when u run out of dragon and u have lot of darkness quanta, u can still healing yourself. prevent losing 'cause big poison on yourself :D >. ope my suggestion help :D
Ok, i tried you suggestions. Steals (as i said before) slows down the deck in any matches for which you dont need any steals. It slows it down enough that it makes the average number of turns go down.
Drain lifes make it slow down very badly. Even if you dont draw any dragons for 5 turns then a drain life will still not be very effective. And the chances of that happening are absolutely tiny. The extra drain lifes would also put the card limit above 30 and lower the chances of drawing dragons.
Thanks for the suggestions even if they weren't very useful! :P

icybraker

Re: Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg61885#msg61885
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 08:15:47 pm »
Hmm. Nice deck, but it does seem a little quanta-heavy. There's really no way to get around it; 12 :darkness is quite a cost, but it's more than worth for that dragon.

I suppose one way to make it faster is to simply remove the Eclipses and the Dagger and replace them with Obsidian Towers. HEY, don't judge me - play a few rounds with my suggestions first before you berate me with my insolence. You may end up with a faster deck.

Great deck overall. Liquid Shadow + Dragon = Win.

Daneman

Re: Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg62133#msg62133
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:52:03 am »
Hmm. Nice deck, but it does seem a little quanta-heavy. There's really no way to get around it; 12 :darkness is quite a cost, but it's more than worth for that dragon.

I suppose one way to make it faster is to simply remove the Eclipses and the Dagger and replace them with Obsidian Towers. HEY, don't judge me - play a few rounds with my suggestions first before you berate me with my insolence. You may end up with a faster deck.

I checked out your ideas and the seemed to work. I don't have time for any serious testing right now but i played about 20 games and i seemed to have enough quanta for all my dragons. In the end i kept the vampire dagger just because it possible to have it out on your first turn and its more reliable than dragons (can't die of poison/anything else creatures can die from).
Thanks for the suggestion icy! Here's something to put in your signature:
Icy is better than puppychow  :P
P.S I modified the deck in my first post

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg62147#msg62147
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 09:52:40 am »

I checked out your ideas and the seemed to work. I don't have time for any serious testing right now but i played about 20 games and i seemed to have enough quanta for all my dragons. In the end i kept the vampire dagger just because it possible to have it out on your first turn and its more reliable than dragons (can't die of poison/anything else creatures can die from).
*Looks at the Masters' competition*
Yea right... ::)
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

icybraker

Re: Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg62171#msg62171
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 12:13:49 pm »

*Looks at the Masters' competition*
Yea right... ::)
OHMYGODTHATNEVERHAPPENEDAAAAAAAAAAAH

Yeah, that's getting sigged. Thanks, Daneman. Glad you like my suggestion. It may look boring now, but it's more effective. The Vamp Dagger does help if you get it out early. This may make a very good speed Mastery deck.

RedRevive

Re: Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg62234#msg62234
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 03:25:54 pm »
Could you have won the gravity shield matches if you saved  your dragons and LSd them all so that they would slide past the shield at the same time?

4 HP for your obsidians = 12 damage
3 HP 12
2HP 12
1HP 12
0HP 12

Assuming you can get two out

120 damage?  Unless your opponent heals up or something.  But if you can get three combos out I think you can counter those pesky shields  :)

Daneman

Re: Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg62296#msg62296
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 05:59:17 pm »
Could you have won the gravity shield matches if you saved  your dragons and LSd them all so that they would slide past the shield at the same time?

4 HP for your obsidians = 12 damage
3 HP 12
2HP 12
1HP 12
0HP 12

Assuming you can get two out

120 damage?  Unless your opponent heals up or something.  But if you can get three combos out I think you can counter those pesky shields  :)
When you play against a gravity shield the opponent generally has otys. So your dragon can only attack 2 times before getting eaten by otys. Also when i played against gravity shield i often had bad draws ):
It should be possible to win but you would need to be very lucky :)

Re: Upped Vampire Dragons! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5960.msg69964#msg69964
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 04:32:24 am »
nice quick deck :darkness

blarg: Daneman