*Author

Offline TheonlyrealBeefTopic starter

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Upgraded Darkness Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18088.msg230526#msg230526
« on: December 21, 2010, 11:30:02 pm »
"Darkness can't rush"
"Darkness is the slowest element"

To hell with that, I tried my best to make this deck as fast as possible :P
I did some preliminary tests and it's the fastest ai3 grinding Darkness Rush I've seen thus far, with nice win rate, EM rate and what not! It also has steals specifically to counter those annoying permanents these new ai3 have. Anyway, enjoy :)

Dragons are intentionally left unupped cause of their lower cost.
Biggest problem this deck can get is a bad draw that's low on pillars/pendulums.
This deck might need some practice to figure out how best to use it against which ai. Like playing Eclipse over more Gargoyles against the Steam Machine ai that uses Rain of Fire.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t9 7t9 7ta 7ta 7tb 7tb 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pt
Preliminary testing (by TheonlyrealBeef)
Games: 50 Avg. ttw: 7.260 ttw, Avg. Time: 62.86 sec/game, Losses: 0, EM: 9
turn 5: 2
turn 6: 17
turn 7: 13
turn 8: 6
turn 9: 9
turn 10: 2
turn 11: 1
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:41:22 am by willng3 »

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Upgraded Darkness Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18088.msg230813#msg230813
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 09:21:45 am »
Not trying to offend you or something, but making a 7.26 ttw deck and claiming it's the fastest mono doesn't make Darkness sound exactly fast :P
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

• Master of Darkness
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Upgraded Darkness Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18088.msg230816#msg230816
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:54:04 am »
Not trying to offend you or something, but making a 7.26 ttw deck and claiming it's the fastest mono doesn't make Darkness sound exactly fast :P
Well I heard that in the previous ttw study the fastest mono Darkness had the lowest ttw of them all, upon testing it with the new ai that was 8.546. So then 7.260 is still a lot faster :)

And no, it's not wickedly fast, but not slow either.

Offline badivan1

• Reputation Power: 2
  • badivan1 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Upgraded Darkness Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18088.msg275203#msg275203
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 05:46:14 am »
6rk 6rk 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t7 7t7 7t7 7t7 7t7 7ta 7ta 7ta 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pt

I figured that dragons are simply too expensive to make the rush fast enough.  Bloodsuckers are cheap, but with Eclipse, they deal 3+2 damage ; hence I included them.  While I've done no TTW study, I think it's an interesting alternative.

Note : the ?? is the Darkness mark for AI import purposes.

• Master of Darkness
Re: Upgraded Darkness Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18088.msg275209#msg275209
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 05:58:36 am »
I've tried Bloodsuckers once, they make tasty Otyugh snacks and lack damage. Black Dragons can withstand most cc once, which managed to make me win quite some times. You'll also want Steals with the new Elders, Dim Shield chaining is awkward... But yeah, that's more about winning more than winning faster.

Offline badivan1

• Reputation Power: 2
  • badivan1 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Upgraded Darkness Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18088.msg275368#msg275368
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 02:50:00 pm »
I've tried Bloodsuckers once, they make tasty Otyugh snacks and lack damage. Black Dragons can withstand most cc once, which managed to make me win quite some times. You'll also want Steals with the new Elders, Dim Shield chaining is awkward... But yeah, that's more about winning more than winning faster.
I admit that Bloodsuckers are fragile.  My reasoning though is that with Eclipse, they can deal decent damage, especially with Gargoyle support.  My attempt was simply an exercise to explore the boundaries of MonoDark Rush : while the deck is not resilient, I'm happy with the speed it can achieve.

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Upgraded Darkness Rush https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18088.msg1276936#msg1276936
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 02:27:21 am »
I created a variation of this for an arena deck in Gold leauge. I think it peaked somewhere in the top 10s.

5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t8 7t9 7t9 7t9 7ta 7ta 7tb 7tb 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7ti 7ti 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pt

Still has the same TTW as the original. Dusk Mantle helps lessen damage while the Dagger fills up HP. Cloaks protect the creatures from Shockwaves and Lightnings. Another Steal just in case a really pesky shield/weapon is in play.
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

anything
blarg: TheonlyrealBeef,badivan1