*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg230371#msg230371
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 08:56:18 pm »
 I really don't think the earlier card idea mirrors the Hydra as acuratley.  Also, I don't think damaging to spawn Hydra heads would work well for me either (such a rage potion combo completley ruins what I want the card to be.)  I want the card to be a spawner (similar to FFQ), not a damage power up.  The point of this card having high HP is to protect it from CC, and it's low attack prevents it from dealing damage and triggering shield effects.  In a sense, I want the main hydra to have good defenses to simulate invulnerability.

Nevertheless, thanks for the link.

Drobbit

Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg230499#msg230499
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 10:56:21 pm »
but if you just quint the hidra it becomes a spawner of inmortal 5/1s. That is very dangerous and you can do nothing to prevent that.

on the other side, if the hidra is inmortal while there are heads on the field, you have to quint one head (or the hidra) to keep spawning. But the rest of the heads are still destroyables.

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg230503#msg230503
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 11:03:41 pm »
but if you just quint the hidra it becomes a spawner of inmortal 5/1s. That is very dangerous and you can do nothing to prevent that.

on the other side, if the hidra is inmortal while there are heads on the field, you have to quint one head (or the hidra) to keep spawning. But the rest of the heads are still destroyables.
None of the cards are immortal.  Hydras body isn't immortal, so it's unreasonable to make it immortal because of 1 head that was killed anyway.  Hydra heads can only regenerate, which it simulated by the cards ability to spawn heads.  Also quinting a spawn doesn't affect what it spawns (think FFQ, does a quinted one spawn immortal fireflies?).

Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg231368#msg231368
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 10:26:20 am »
As much as Hydras are known in Greek mythology, I have to say that, thanks to Age of Mythology, there is a truly aquatic variation of the Hydra: the Scylla (possible upgraded name?!) I like the multiple head spawning idea rather than the Ice Hydra power boost, though I strongly object to the idea of a lone, flopping Hydra neck to be intimidating...

Kael Hate

Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg232064#msg232064
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 06:50:48 am »

SunnyGreens used the seperate Hydra and Hydra Head mechanic here
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,8029.msg98214#msg98214

Like his, this card idea suffers from a mix/match situation where multiple main Hydras link to Multiple heads and these are all considered individuals for mutations and bonding. Having a single creature split across 2 cards is a bad Idea.

• Legendary Member
Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg232752#msg232752
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 04:41:50 pm »
Not necessarily.  This is technically more based off the FFQ mechanic than anything else, with a slight nerf by forcing the spawns to have at least one Hydra there to survive.  I considered the problem of different Hydras spawning the same heads, but keep in mind that there are other creature spawning cards without the limitation of death.  Once you kill a Hydra, it's heads will "magically" reattach to another one.  If you kill that one, then everything dies because there is no more hydra to target.  As for mutation, that could possibly be dealt with  in the same vein with a mutated Malignant Cell, possbily give a carryover passive "Lifelink" ability that forces the mutant to rely on the Hydra anyway.  Also the sheer power of the Hydra's ability is compensated by heavy cost and the need to use quanta to respawn heads.  What I am trying to say is that technically, the Hydra and the Hydra Head are two seperate creatures, rather than one split across two cards.  Hydra Heads could be played like "bombs" as Kuraitou mentioned earlier, then dying, possibly for the benefit of a Bonyard or Soul Catchter.  They can also be played to support a Lobo'd/Frozen/Delayed Hydra.  The pair's greatest weakness is actually Mutation : if all the Hydra become mutants, then all their heads die.

That being said, I appreciate the criticism as well as the addition of my ideas to the crucible.

UncleBero

Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg235493#msg235493
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 01:13:05 pm »
I recomend a change for the Hydra:
  :life :life Spawn hidra head
Hidra can not die while there is almost one hidra head.
---
That's because in the mithology the hydra could regenerate itself while it has still heads. And I think that life quanta is more suitable for spawning.
Agree it`s too powerful if it`s consume only  :water quanta!

• Legendary Member
Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg235578#msg235578
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 04:55:54 pm »
I recomend a change for the Hydra:
  :life :life Spawn hidra head
Hidra can not die while there is almost one hidra head.
---
That's because in the mithology the hydra could regenerate itself while it has still heads. And I think that life quanta is more suitable for spawning.
Agree it`s too powerful if it`s consume only  :water quanta!
If it is too powerful, then how is it in the crucible? Also I want to actually see efficient mono- :water .

UncleBero

Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg235599#msg235599
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 05:17:44 pm »
OK so let`s see... :)

xBerzerk

Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg248573#msg248573
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »
Loving the new art. (; A bit more time spent on it, and it would look just like your everyday Elements card.

YoYoBro

Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg250205#msg250205
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 04:18:45 pm »
Are you talkin' bout Hydra's or Hydra's Heads'?

Offline Krava

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Krava is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Hydra | Hydra https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17937.msg250924#msg250924
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 08:45:24 am »
Loving the new art. (; A bit more time spent on it, and it would look just like your everyday Elements card.
Thank you! If hydra gets up-voted ill gladly do better painting :)

i was thinking of making art for hydra head too...

blarg: