*Author

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg312546#msg312546
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2011, 12:23:37 am »
Why are you guys even suggesting changes? This being an undead dragon seems fine for me.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg312655#msg312655
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2011, 03:12:28 am »
It needs a bit more of a catch.  Self-destruction is good as balancing, but I think it could use a direct negative.  Perhaps give yourself a few poison counters.  Would love to encounter more of this "other dragon" idea applied to the other 11 elements, so perhaps you could go for making a series?
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg312668#msg312668
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2011, 03:30:38 am »
It needs a bit more of a catch.  Self-destruction is good as balancing, but I think it could use a direct negative.  Perhaps give yourself a few poison counters.  Would love to encounter more of this "other dragon" idea applied to the other 11 elements, so perhaps you could go for making a series?
I'm considering it, but I still have Sages to finish and FG revolution to start.

Althought poison counters is a good idea I kind of feel it steps on Void Dragon's toes that way and that self-destruction is more interesting for this card - I can imagine a resurrected dragon running out of necromantic energy to function and completley falling apart - only to have its soul recycled by Soul Catcher and it's rotted bones used for skeletons and bonewalls. It's in the balance range as well, so I'm not sure if poisoning the player is really much better than just making a slight increase to the cost at this point.

Thanks for the suggestion though - I may use it in a later idea.

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg317203#msg317203
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2011, 09:23:36 pm »
The word is "Draconic" not "Dragonic" and an undead dragon is often known as a "Dracolich", though you may be better off not using that term.

Just thought I'd let you know.

The number of people who don't know basic dragon related latin seems to be quite high these days...

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg317212#msg317212
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2011, 09:29:49 pm »
The word is "Draconic" not "Dragonic" and an undead dragon is often known as a "Dracolich", though you may be better off not using that term.

The number of people who don't know basic dragon related latin seems to be quite high these days...
I'm aware of that. I thought it would be acceptable if I named it "Dragonic" instead, otherwise I would've changed it a long time ago.

Do I have to really conform to every naming pattern set by previous fiction? I feel it limits what I can think of.

Flayne

Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg317224#msg317224
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2011, 09:50:13 pm »

Maybe because not everyone seems to be interested, imo.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg317241#msg317241
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2011, 10:05:29 pm »

Maybe because not everyone seems to be interested, imo.
Some do not know they do not know. I would suggest switching to Draconic for accuracy.
PS: Dracolich refers to a lich not a normal undead. Huge difference because Liches would have Activated abilities at least.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg327144#msg327144
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2011, 10:23:43 pm »
Now in Crucible!

• Legendary Member
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg344139#msg344139
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2011, 10:46:22 pm »
Thanks once again to Krava for the awesome new art!

Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg344163#msg344163
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2011, 11:13:19 pm »
Krava has seriously gotten amazing.

Offline Krava

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Krava is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg344313#msg344313
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2011, 06:39:59 am »
Thank you guys,

this tablet makes world of difference both in speed and quality.

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Decaying Dragon | Dragonic Horror https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24339.msg368461#msg368461
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2011, 09:10:51 pm »
PS: Dracolich refers to a lich not a normal undead. Huge difference because Liches would have Activated abilities at least.
I believe the term "Dracolich" can also refer to a Dragon Zombified by a lich, regardless of whether the creature is or isn't a lich itself.
Either way though, it has come to be a more general term for undead dragons than it probably should be.

anything
blarg: