*Author

Offline artimies7Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg402258#msg402258
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »
Bump. Changed it. How's it looking? It seems a bit costly, but for all the permanents...never mind.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg402261#msg402261
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 06:56:40 pm »
It's a spell now. That's good. Personally,  I think 5 or 4  :life is still a bit OP. Unupped silence costs 3 :aether, and it sort of shuts down your opponent for a turn, while this shuts down you opponent for a turn almost completely. Make it around 6 :life.

• artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg402282#msg402282
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 07:27:02 pm »
With Silence, you can't play a Purify to negate Poison.
With Silence, you can't make any changes to your field at all.

With this, your creatures can still attack.
You can still play permanents.
Sundials gain one more counter, even if you can't use its ability. <- big one I didn't think of until now.
And your shields still block damage, even though other effects don't work. [I mean, whether a shield is moving or not, it's still a shield, right?]

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg402305#msg402305
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 08:27:49 pm »
With Silence, you can't play a Purify to negate Poison.
With Silence, you can't make any changes to your field at all.

With this, your creatures can still attack.
You can still play permanents.
Sundials gain one more counter, even if you can't use its ability. <- big one I didn't think of until now.
And your shields still block damage, even though other effects don't work. [I mean, whether a shield is moving or not, it's still a shield, right?]
Hmmmm. I see your point I suppose.

• Effectively Super
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg402960#msg402960
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 10:47:58 pm »
That's good. Now, should I change anything before I send it off to the Crucible?

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg402969#msg402969
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 11:04:20 pm »
Um, what exactly is the effect with a delayed shield? I know the obvious answer is that the shield has no effect, but I don't think that's right, nor consistent with the game. After all, a delayed and gravity pulled creature still take the damage.

Anyway, the balance looks good. I'd send it on!

• Effectively Super
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg403368#msg403368
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 12:01:40 pm »
@Korugar: The shield still blocks damage, but it doesn't produce any effects. Example: Firewall still blocks damage, but it doesn't damage your creatures any.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, too. Linking now.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg403376#msg403376
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 12:19:52 pm »
Um, what exactly is the effect with a delayed shield? I know the obvious answer is that the shield has no effect, but I don't think that's right, nor consistent with the game. After all, a delayed and gravity pulled creature still take the damage.

Anyway, the balance looks good. I'd send it on!
According to zanz, the shield has no effect, which includes damage reduction being ignored.

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg403421#msg403421
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 01:58:12 pm »
Really? Ok, well, if Zanz says it, that's certainly final word.

• Effectively Super
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg429008#msg429008
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 01:59:11 am »

anything
blarg: