*Author

Offline bored_ninja777Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Soul Steal | Soul Capture https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg144964#msg144964
« on: August 23, 2010, 06:43:15 pm »
NAME:
Soul Steal
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
8 :death
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
Steal a creature from your opponent. Adds 2 poison counters to the creature. Deals half the Atk to owner.
NAME:
Soul Capture
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
7 :death
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
Steal a creature from your opponent. Adds 1 poison counter to the creature. Deals half the Atk to owner.
ART:
http://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photo-poisonous-cigarette-smoke-image13475265
IDEA:
bored_ninja777
NOTES:
SERIES:
still needs diff art.
~McPasty was here~

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg147393#msg147393
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 05:54:32 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
To advance to the Crucible:
-Fix the discrepancy between the card Cost and the table (add the appropriate Quanta Icon to the Card cost - your Cost section implies that it requires generic quanta, which it does not)
-Fix the discrepancy between the Card Text and the table (aflatoxin <> poison counter(s))
-Provide a link to the art source you've provided in the card image
-Capitalize 'Steal' in your Card Name text (for the image)

I don't know how to feel about this card... you just take a creature from your opponent's field (very overpowered), but then it adds either poison/aflatoxin counters to it, meaning that it won't last very long (unless it has high HP or you have something to heal the creature/rewind it back to play it again).

Can you target one of your own creatures with this card? What would happen if you did?

• bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg147398#msg147398
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 06:07:58 pm »
ok i will fix the title quick and the tables are fixed..
honestly i dont know where the picture came from.. i stumbled on it within the last couple years and just saved it for background wallpaper usage. i would like a different picture i just dont have one currently. im sure itll change if it i has to though. it came from a site that gave out free backgrounds i know that much.
~McPasty was here~

Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg147402#msg147402
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 06:18:56 pm »
I don't know how to feel about this card... you just take a creature from your opponent's field (very overpowered), but then it adds either poison/aflatoxin counters to it, meaning that it won't last very long (unless it has high HP or you have something to heal the creature/rewind it back to play it again).

I guess yea it might be a little OP but unless you go through the process of returning it to your hand and then playing it later you are stuck with it dying and then making cells on your field.

Can you target one of your own creatures with this card? What would happen if you did?
no the card says right on it opponent's creature.
~McPasty was here~

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg151252#msg151252
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 05:40:36 am »
ok i will fix the title quick and the tables are fixed..
CURATOR COMMENT
-Change the 'Ability' section to 'Text' based on the changes found here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5039.msg156494#msg156494)
-Capitalize 'Steal' in your thread title

honestly i dont know where the picture came from.. i stumbled on it within the last couple years and just saved it for background wallpaper usage. i would like a different picture i just dont have one currently. im sure itll change if it i has to though. it came from a site that gave out free backgrounds i know that much.
Change the art then. Some websites claim to give out 'free' wallpapers, but in actuality you have to either purchase them, get a license, become a registered user and upload a certain amount of wallpapers, etc. before you can use their 'free' artwork.

Also - make sure you measure this card's cost in comparison with Parallel Universe | Twin Universe. This card TAKES their card (rather than duplicating it), but also poisons it, so...

Kael Hate

Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg151259#msg151259
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 06:14:51 am »

There is an unwritten rule about insta kill cards. In general your effect has to be weaker card/cost advantage than anything it could kill.

This is is even more powerful than Insta-kill because you get the creature. Thats a massive advantage.

Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg151266#msg151266
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 06:35:34 am »
k kinda mixed signals here..
first.. i want different art and said so under the table..
second.. w/e is taken dies eventually depending on health of the creature. and then the user is stuck with malignant cells.
So what is the suggestion ? up the cost ? 10/9, 9/8?
~McPasty was here~

Kael Hate

Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg151282#msg151282
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 07:50:37 am »
k kinda mixed signals here..
first.. i want different art and said so under the table..
second.. w/e is taken dies eventually depending on health of the creature. and then the user is stuck with malignant cells.
So what is the suggestion ? up the cost ? 10/9, 9/8?
Look at it this way.

1. You are the user so you can choose a prime target.
2. Most opponents will have a dragon level creature present.
3. With this you are taking the dragon, 10 atk or so and 10 quanta worth of creature and then you are gaining that 10 atk for a few turns.
4. This equates to a 2 card advantage, taking 1 from them and increasing yours by 1.
5. It also equates to at least a 20 point damage swing, reducing the damage done to you by 10 and increasing it against them by 10 for a few turns.
6. Having Malignant cells that you want is a great advantage. Personally I want malignant cell as a standalone card because it is so utile.

A cost of 10 minimum as it is but even then its still good card advantage wise.

Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg151292#msg151292
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 08:36:17 am »
ok... so should i change the effect to destroy the creature after X turns? no cells? lose 1/2 ATK of monster from my HP per turn? so i take a 10 atk dragon i take 5 HP per turn it stays on my field b4 it dies?
~McPasty was here~

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg151388#msg151388
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 03:10:32 pm »
Malignant cells on your field aren't always a bad thing. If your opponent doesn't have a shield, or if you have certain cards (say, feral bond or fallen druid) they can be a HUGE advantage. Some decks even use aflatoxin on their own creatures.

For instance, imagine if I were to use this card in my mutantbow deck, which contains both fallen elves/druids and feral bonds. I could effectively insta-kill my opponents scariest creature, use said creature for a few turns, and then get an endless supply of weak creatures to feed my feral bonds and make super mutants. All for just 1 card and 6 :death

Having the creature damage you might work to balance things, although some creatures (nymphs etc) are more useful for their abilities than as damage dealers.

Putting a doom clock on the creature instead of poisoning it might be good to . . . after all I don't think this would ever be used on weak creatures. Maybe even make it so the creature returns to it's original owner after a few turns? You might get less objections to "insta-killing" that way . . .

(PS- You mentioned you need photo editing software? http://www.pixlr.com/editor/ is a pretty decent free photo editor, and so is http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ )

Re: Soul steal | Soul steal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg154423#msg154423
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 11:48:45 am »
Ok, After reviewing  the few comments i think what im going to do is infect the creature that is taken and also the owner of the creature takes 1/2 the attack in damage when it attacks. That seem more balanced?
example :
steal a 15/2 dragon
its poisoned so you get it max 2 turns
u take 7.5 round up 8 damage it deals 15.. so in 2 turns 30 damage to them and 16 to you?

Other Change: Art needed.for now what is there is filler.
~McPasty was here~

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
Re: Soul Capture | Soul Capture https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg175858#msg175858
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 12:15:43 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Provide a link or source where you received the art from, or change it otherwise to an artwork that you received permission from/something that is off a true royalty-free/public domain website

anything
blarg: