*Author

March_Wizard

Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg218838#msg218838
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 02:03:59 pm »
Hey I like this card, and voted in all the polls just now to further help you all out. :)

I think resistance to it's current cost is because of how effective it is against a Fractal deck, fractal being a very popular card and therefore there is a lot of interest in not changing anything around that card.

I think making it a cheap shield would be a good idea. Maybe cost 2/1 for normal/upgraded. Then instead of stacking with Procrastination, its just a shield you can play earlier, where it is most useful anyway.

While I like Drobbit's suggestion, I think that is an idea that warrants it's own card.

Belthazar666

Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg244303#msg244303
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 02:30:12 am »
Personally, I'd up the costs by one, and have it also affect creatures that have been generated. (Queen, Pharaoh, Fate Egg even.) I think 2 is just a bit too little to play a card like this, considering your deck would be designed around this to begin with, 2 just isn't significant.  This card definitely shouldn't affect both players, otherwise it doesn't do anything to benefit you in most cases. Another thing to note is that it goes well with miracle. Playing this guarantees that the opponent won't do extra damage to you. (Aside from weapons.) so you don't have to use a miracle a turn sooner to be safe, which could be a difference in many games where you actually need miracle.

Fractal will be slowed by this, but a turn really isn't anything to worry about with that many creatures on the field, plus Procrastination was already a slow down to Fractal. This with Procrastination might be enough to kill a lot of decks, creatures doing only half the damage they should be, and being slowed by a turn. Not sure if it's really OP, though, since you do need this and Procrastination, and damage yourself, as well as quanta. Just something to think about.

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg244307#msg244307
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 02:41:40 am »
I have put a poll up for Belthazar666 suggestion [+1cost, affect generated creatures]
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Memorystick

Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg245002#msg245002
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 07:44:22 am »
Personally, I don't think that it should affect generated creatures- you're slowing creatures that come from your opponent, not his/her minions (although this would allow boneyard to function normally as well) Also, it seems to me that Sundial is worth 3|2 with a cost reduction of -1 due to duo-skill (due to the analysis of creature costs) and -1 due to limited duration, giving 1 :time from drawing and 2 :time from one-time full-field delay. I would compare this and Sundial to Pandemonium- except that stopping your own creatures from attacking can be advantageous (for example, stopping them from running into an offensive shield or allowing yourself time to heal up to full to achieve an Elemental Mastery) Therefore, I would place the unupped cost at 2 (limited one-turn delay) + 1 (lasting effect) = 3 :time, with the upped being 2 :time (which is what you have)
I would also like to mention that this has a lot of synergy with Rewind and Eternity- in fact, an Eternity can slow down two creatures with this, or completely lock down one, as well as the opponent's draw- this would be more effective with flown Eternities, but far more expensive and more vulnerable. Finally, this would give the minor disadvantage of ensuring that the opponent's creatures won't be affected by the offensive shields (including time's Procrastination) on the turn they come out, though it's likely that other shields will be used anyway.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg261544#msg261544
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 11:40:34 pm »
just an fyi thing, theres already a card named slow in level 3
moose dont say moo.

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Slow | Delay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16997.msg261548#msg261548
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 11:44:00 pm »
just an fyi thing, theres already a card named slow in level 3
Thanks for the heads up. If this makes it into the Forge (unlikely) then I will change it to Delay|Delay
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

anything
blarg: