*Author

Offline BluePriestTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Quanta Burn | Quanta Burn https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8774.msg102264#msg102264
« on: June 27, 2010, 05:26:51 pm »
NAME:
Quanta Burn
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
3 :fire
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
Consumes all your non  :fire quanta. Gain 1  :fire for each 2 quanta consumed.
NAME:
Quanta Burn
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
2 :fire
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
Consume all your non :fire quanta. Gain 1 :fire for every 2 quanta consumed.
ART:
Xoned
IDEA:
BluePriest
NOTES:
***Insert additional information***
SERIES:
Burn Baby Burn (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,8920.msg113232#msg113232)
Need an image here. ANyone willing to help?

Im having a hard time balancing his card. Quantum Towers make this too OP, but any other tower and its not really too powerful...
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Quanta Burn | Quanta Burn https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8774.msg102277#msg102277
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:58:23 pm »
So.. 1 supernova + 1 upped quanta burn
33 :fire for 2 :entropy
I really like that bargain.
You better rethink your idea ;>

actionjack

Re: Quanta Burn | Quanta Burn https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8774.msg102278#msg102278
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:58:35 pm »
Maybe call it Quanta Fuel?  (since you are burning them to fuel your fire)

Maybe have it say...  "Consume up to 3 Quanta from each none Fire element.  Gain 1  :fire per each Quanta consumed"

Its very much like Blackhole... and could target both you or your opponent for different desired strategy. 

• Legendary Member
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
Re: Quanta Burn | Quanta Burn https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8774.msg102284#msg102284
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 06:09:55 pm »
So.. 1 supernova + 1 upped quanta burn
33 :fire for 2 :entropy
I really like that bargain.
You better rethink your idea ;>
Crap... I didnt even think of Supernova.... Changed it a bit. Makes it really only useful to rainbows like that though.

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Quanta Burn | Quanta Burn https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8774.msg102452#msg102452
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:54:53 pm »
No, It is not only for rainbows, Think of this deck:

6 cremation
6 photon
3 fahrenheit
3 quanta burn
6 fire lance
6 fire tower

The cremations now create 14 fire quanta (9+11/2=9+5), or 29 for 2 of them (2*9+22/2=18+11).

I like the idea, massive fahrenheit, in the first turn ;)
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

• Legendary Member
  • Entropy Has You
Re: Quanta Burn | Quanta Burn https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8774.msg103459#msg103459
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 02:51:13 am »
Updated image

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Quanta Burn | Quanta Burn https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8774.msg247037#msg247037
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 01:51:21 am »
So this is yet another topic that I'm commenting on after many moons of silence, but I think this is a good one to talk about. First of all, it's been in the crucible forever, without moving up or down. I've also noticed that it has always recieved a relatively high number of votes. This means it's a card that seems to be liked, it just needs a little push to get it moving up the ladder.

I myself don't find it to be particularly useful in it's current state. Fire already has Cremation to get it plenty of Fire Quanta, and I think that when using Cremation, it's more useful to splash cheap off element cards than it is to turn it all into Fire Quanta. And for Rainbows, yes you could get a ton of Fire Quanta, which in CCYB, could get you a lot of Fractaled Destroyers in play, but other than that, Cremation is better if you need lots of fire.

So what if instead of gaining quanta, you deal damage to your opponent? Instead of Black Hole that Absorbs enemy quanta and heals you, This could absorb your quanta and hurt your enemy. Now obviously you'd have to balance it better because in a rainbow, you could get a LOT of quanta. Possibly limit it to 3 per Element like BH does. Or even 2 per Element. I would love this in a Cremation based Fire Rush. It's that added push of damage needed to shorten the game by an entire turn that would be awesome :)) Again, just a thought that I've been considering for a while. You can take it or leave it, I just thought I'd voice it.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

blarg: