*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Meniscus | Meniscus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35997.msg452669#msg452669
« on: January 25, 2012, 04:13:58 pm »
NAME:
Meniscus
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
2 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Your quanta pools cannot be reduced below 5. Copies any quantum your opponent produces above 8 as :water .
NAME:
Meniscus
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
1 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Your quanta pools cannot be reduced below 5. Copies any quantum your opponent produces above 8 as :water.
ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1100054
IDEA:
Zblader
NOTES:
Today is a day to go with the ebb and flow of things.
However, you have the opportunity to choose the high and low point of your day.

A Water permanent that protects your quantum but can pack an exponential punch against your opponent if he's not careful with his quanta spells or pillar stacks.

"Cannot be lowered below 4." means that if a quantum pool you control would go below 4 quantum from an enemy ability or card, that card has no effect.

Examples:
I have 5 Water quantum and 3 Death quantum and my opponent plays a Discord. Discord will only be able to Scramble 1 Water into a different quantum pool while my Death pool is not affected due to having less than 4 quantum.
I have 10 Water quantum and 4 Life quantum, and my opponent has 10 Pests. The first 6 Pests drain 6 :water and convert it to :darkness, while the rest do nothing.

"Copies any quantum your opponent produces above 8 as :water ." means that anytime your opponent uses a card (or stack of cards) to produce an amount of quantum greater than 10, you gain that amount in :water quantum.

Examples:
My opponent casts Nova while I have 2 Meniscus out on the field. I gain 8 :water from both. ( 12 - 8 = 4, 4 x 2 = 8 )
My opponent has 4 pillars and 4 pendulums. Meniscus has no effect as each is a separate stack producing 4 :water .

Wikipedia Article on Meniscus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniscus)
SERIES:
NAME:
Meniscus
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
2 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Your quanta pools cannot be lowered below 4. Copies any quantum your opponent produces above 8 as :water .
NAME:
Meniscus
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
1 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Your quanta pools cannot be lowered below 4. Copies any quantum your opponent produces above 8 as :water.
ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1100054
IDEA:
Zblader
NOTES:
Today is a day to go with the ebb and flow of things.
However, you have the opportunity to choose the high and low point of your day.

A Water permanent that protects your quantum but can pack an exponential punch against your opponent if he's not careful with his quanta spells or pillar stacks.

"Cannot be lowered below 4." means that if a quantum pool you control would go below 4 quantum from an enemy ability or card, that card has no effect.

Examples:
I have 5 Water quantum and 3 Death quantum and my opponent plays a Discord. Discord will only be able to Scramble 1 Water into a different quantum pool while my Death pool is not affected due to having less than 4 quantum.
I have 10 Water quantum and 4 Life quantum, and my opponent has 10 Pests. The first 6 Pests drain 6 :water and convert it to :darkness, while the rest do nothing.

"Copies any quantum your opponent produces above 8 as :water ." means that anytime your opponent uses a card (or stack of cards) to produce an amount of quantum greater than 10, you gain that amount in :water quantum.

Examples:
My opponent casts Nova while I have 2 Meniscus out on the field. I gain 8 :water from both. ( 12 - 8 = 4, 4 x 2 = 8 )
My opponent has 4 pillars and 4 pendulums. Meniscus has no effect as each is a separate stack producing 4 :water .

Wikipedia Article on Meniscus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniscus)
SERIES:

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Meniscus | Meniscus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35997.msg452763#msg452763
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:51:52 pm »
Black Hole protection! :D I like it.
What inspired this idea?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Meniscus | Meniscus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35997.msg452771#msg452771
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:03:58 pm »
I take it this also blocks your own abilities, or just the effects of your opponent's cards?

ebb of things https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35997.msg452774#msg452774
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:09:57 pm »
The first effect is an awesome pseudo-sanctuary, but can you make it five so it in upped machine and toadfish?
However, The wording of it makes it so that anything you pay won't reduce your quanta. Eg. 8 quanta, and you use queen. Your quanta pool becomes 4.
example 2: you have 1 water quanta. You activate 3 freezes and 3 purifies, and you still have 1 water left.

Also your second effect feels useless outside of nova/supernova. I think you should get rid of it.
Or replace it with an ability that does something when there is 5 of each quanta?

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: ebb of things https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35997.msg453035#msg453035
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 05:42:16 pm »
The first effect is an awesome pseudo-sanctuary, but can you make it five so it in upped machine and toadfish?
I feel like that has a chance to disrupt it's balance, but on the flipside it also allows a for a protected mono-water deck using this and Steam Machine or Puffer, so I'll raise it.
I take it this also blocks your own abilities, or just the effects of your opponent's cards?
However, The wording of it makes it so that anything you pay won't reduce your quanta. Eg. 8 quanta, and you use queen. Your quanta pool becomes 4.
example 2: you have 1 water quanta. You activate 3 freezes and 3 purifies, and you still have 1 water left.
The effect only applies against opponent's cards, as stated in the notes. You can still lower your own quantum to zero by playing cards and using abilities.
Also your second effect feels useless outside of nova/supernova. I think you should get rid of it.
Or replace it with an ability that does something when there is 5 of each quanta?
It's mean to be an indirect counter against "Quanta Mass" decks in general like rainbow decks and Bolt Decks such as Fire Stall - it can also be detrimental to stalls or monos that use too many pillars. (E.g. Diss Shield stall) This results in the card being most effective against decks that rely on quantum spells and lots of pillars, as opposed to Earthquake which is more effective against decks that run fewer pillars and no quantum spells/creatures to help with the tight quantum control such decks use. I'm considering lowering the requirement to 6 or 7, but that's still up for discussion for now.

Card Updated:
Protection minimum raised to 5.
Wording changed slightly. Remember that this only negates enemy cards draining your quantum.

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Meniscus | Meniscus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35997.msg453115#msg453115
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 10:09:40 pm »
Still not worded well imo.  not sure how to fix it though.

• Legendary Member
Re: Meniscus | Meniscus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35997.msg453287#msg453287
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 03:19:15 am »
Still not worded well imo.  not sure how to fix it though.
Extending the description pushes text off the card, so the best way to do it IMHO is by altering the words in current the description.
"Lowered" implies all cards, while "reduced" implies an opposing force.

blarg: