*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255392#msg255392
« on: January 23, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »
NAME:
Massive Absorption
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
:gravity
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Deal 2 damage to every enemy creature. Target creature receives 1 HP for each creature damaged.
NAME:
Massive Absorption
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
5 :gravity
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Deal 2 damage to every enemy creature. Target creature receives 1 HP for each creature damaged.
ART:
Emeraldtiger
IDEA:
Zblader
NOTES:
Think of the card as pulling matter onto a Gravity creature, sort of Chimera-like.
SERIES:

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255398#msg255398
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 07:33:52 pm »
I think instead of changing the cost, they should both be 5, but upgraded only hurts enemies.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255407#msg255407
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:40:43 pm »
I prefer the cost reduction version.
It looks about balanced +/-2 quanta.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

wizelsnarf

Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255409#msg255409
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 07:45:07 pm »
I totally read this wrong when I went to click it as "Massive Abortion".....

Still this would be gravity's first spell that does direct damage to creatures and is AoE......

I am not sure if I like it for that reason. Currently Gravity is all about bypassing our redirecting.. I guess this redirects in a sense but... This would be an instant Otyugh favorite.

Seems fairly balanced as a card though.

Offline doublecross

• Did you miss me?
Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255411#msg255411
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 07:46:21 pm »
The reason I like the two versions is that I like cards where sometimes the un-upgraded one is useful for a different reason than the upgraded one. I think cards like that add more to the game. I can think of a reason you would want a version that attacks both sides, namely a voodoo deck.

I think that with my suggestion the upgraded one is better in most but not all cases, which is what I personally like in a card.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255442#msg255442
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 08:06:46 pm »
Does this add to maximum health or does this heal?
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255605#msg255605
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 10:43:57 pm »
Does this add to maximum health or does this heal?
Add to max health.

The reason I like the two versions is that I like cards where sometimes the un-upgraded one is useful for a different reason than the upgraded one. I think cards like that add more to the game. I can think of a reason you would want a version that attacks both sides, namely a voodoo deck.

I think that with my suggestion the upgraded one is better in most but not all cases, which is what I personally like in a card.
Think of RoF, this card is based off it.

Offline doublecross

• Did you miss me?
Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255607#msg255607
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 10:47:14 pm »
Fair enough.

(I still prefer my version, but I am sufficiently convinced that your version is very good as well)

Cancerplus

Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255627#msg255627
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:07 pm »
Adding to max HP seems like overkill.

Usually people relied on armor to make a super Oty which relied on a second element. I think it should only heal, that way you can use it armagios or any other high HP creature with gravity pull.

I mean seriously if the opponent has at least 2 critters out an Oty will be big enough to eat anything that isn't Armagio sized because of the increased HP and decreased opponent HP.

Offline doublecross

• Did you miss me?
Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg255631#msg255631
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 11:11:25 pm »
Maybe this will also gravity pull the target?

Seems to make sense both balancing wise and thematically.

Offline rowcla

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • poni poni poni poni
Re: Massive Absorption | Massive Absorption https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20130.msg256066#msg256066
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 10:45:16 am »
good card, balanced and makes use of acceleration and gravity pull

my only problem is that it makes another annoyance for ffqs  :'(
Poni? Poni poni poni!

anything
blarg: